Preview build for 1.4.somethingorother

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Arazyr
Kobold

Re: Preview build for 1.4.somethingorother

Post by Arazyr »

Mac version is built as 2fbe259, so I can't connect to my GM's server. 8^)

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Arazyr wrote:Mac version is built as 2fbe259, so I can't connect to my GM's server. 8^)
yeah everyone will have to be running the same version :/

Arazyr
Kobold

Post by Arazyr »

Craig wrote:
Arazyr wrote:Mac version is built as 2fbe259, so I can't connect to my GM's server. 8^)
Exactly my point. 8^) Any chance that could be updated to the "correct" version? (Sorry, would have said that the first time, but I was typing with one hand at the time...)

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Arazyr wrote:
Craig wrote:
Exactly my point. 8^) Any chance that could be updated to the "correct" version? (Sorry, would have said that the first time, but I was typing with one hand at the time...)
Hmm are you saying the preview build for the mac version and windows versions have different build numbers? Well thats embarrassing. I am completely swamped this week and
next week, but I will try fix the latest addition I have made and get a build out the next weekend (so around the 18, with any luck I might even get a chance to add a few other contributions people have sent me).

Arazyr
Kobold

Post by Arazyr »

Yes, that is the case. Again, sorry it wasn't more clear at first, I had one hand occupied by daughter. 8^) And, sorry if my previous post came across as at all snarky. It wasn't intended.

Whenever you can get a new build out would be awesome. Thanks. 8^)

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Firstly I apologise for taking so long, work has been a lot busier than expected recently.
I havent gotten nearly as much as I wanted to done on MapTool but I thought I should share what has been done with another preview build.

You can find the preview builds at http://maptool.craigs-stuff.net/test-builds/ (the source is in git hub of course).
Apart from the two MapTool zip files (osx + everything else) there are two files
MapToolWebAppTest.cmpgn (which is pretty much exactly as it sounds like)
webapp.zip (contains stuff I have been using for testing but dont want to check into source control).

This preview should fix the Java 8 problem with style sheets and HTML windows/panes.
But -- hopefully -- more exciting, it was pointed out to me that the Roll20 community contributed character sheets are all open source licensed (MIT),
so I have started down the path of getting those to work with MapTool (first with the webapi and then finally inside MapTool when there is a HTML5 window).
You can see the sheets at https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets
Included in the webapp.zip is the kitchen sink example from the above git repository that -- somewhat -- works with the example campaign, just be sure
to modify the path in the campaign macro to point to where you unzip this.

At the moment it can only ready simple properties (no json or string lists yet) from the token and populate the sheet, updating the properties from the
sheet is not yet possible (one step at a time). You will probably notice that the sheets look different from Roll20 if you use Roll20 as I have yet to update
all the CSS for formatting and I am purposefully NOT looking at how Roll20 does its thing css/javascript wise as that is not open source.

If anyone wants to have a go at making it look nicer with CSS I would welcome the help (but also with the stipulation of doing it from scratch not looking
what Roll20 produces).

Arazyr
Kobold

Post by Arazyr »

Build number appears to be consistent between MacOS X version and other version. Thanks!!!!!!!!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

JamzTheMan wrote:On a side note, I kinda wish the Looking for Group was subscriber only for same reason, I don't really need to see all the campaign requests/game updates for online games. But that's just me. Maybe I'm anti-social :mrgreen:
I think I can do that. There are some options on the forum settings page that might apply; I'll take a look.

Edit: It looks like the forum software supports two settings for each forum, "Search Indexing" and "Display Active Topics". I presume the first is for including posts to the forum when searching for something, and the second is for the View Active Topics list.

I think the search function needs to be enabled, but I could turn off the View Active Topics. I don't think that would affect the other "View" links across the top of the page...

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

This thread had a long sub-thread discussing databases. I've moved it here in the MapTool 1.4 forum.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Vastin
Kobold

Post by Vastin »

hello,

where do i find the webapp html-files in Maptool 1.4.0.5 i want to try the webapp :)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

There's no web app yet. There are some stubs included in the code as "proof of concept", but that's it. Sorry to get your hopes up!

Vastin
Kobold

Post by Vastin »

:(
no posibility to use the stuff craig posten long ago?

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Vastin wrote::(
no posibility to use the stuff craig posten long ago?
They were in the "old" subdirectory, I have copied them back so now they are in both places. Have fun :)

Return to “Announcements”