InitTool 0.1 Development Release Build 10

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

jay
RPTools Team

InitTool 0.1 Development Release Build 10

Post by jay »

Build 10 of init tool is now ready for you to use. This release has a good first cut of the phase support requested by the Hero and DQ players. It also has some of the usability fixes that were suggested in response to Dorpond's poll. This includes editable notes on the index card. Here is the change log:
  • Owner of new timer now defaults to the current item if it is a creature.
  • Place editable check boxes in lists used to choose some items in a group instead of using the multi-selection interval.
  • Saved off window positions and divider position in index card mode to preferences.
  • Fixed bug that occured when editing columns in table mode that had been moved from their original position in the table
  • Fixed bug that messed up the current item when deleting a row that was above the it or was the last row in the list
  • Added support for saving the column order in table mode.
  • Added cell focus cursor to table view mode.
  • When you hit next the current selection in the encounter is cleared.
  • Added editable notes to creature and alarm items.
  • Updated the index cards to allow the editing of custom properties and the notes.
  • Fixed type selelction bug on edit timer and item dialogs
  • Finished first cut of phase support
Take a look and tell me what you think!

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Yippy!

Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks Jay!

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

BRAVO JAY!!!!

That new notes area ROCKS!!!

This new index card view really makes the application easier to read - thanks for implementing it.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Can I get a Zipped version?

The Index Card view in B9 doesn't show anything at all for an existing encounter list. so I wanted to see if B10 worked better.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Oops, never mind. B10 was at the top of the list instead of being below B9 ;)

Ooh, is it not compatible with previous versions? Can't open the encounter file I saved with b9.
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Steel Rat wrote:Oops, never mind. B10 was at the top of the list instead of being below B9 ;)

Ooh, is it not compatible with previous versions? Can't open the encounter file I saved with b9.
Yeah, sorry about that. And it is going to change again in b11. I'm trying to get it to a point where it is stable, but that is hard to with all of the updates. This next release the files will be in XML, and I shouild be able to write a XSL sheet to convert it from one version to the next. That's the plan anyway :)

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

jay wrote:Yeah, sorry about that. And it is going to change again in b11. I'm trying to get it to a point where it is stable, but that is hard to with all of the updates. This next release the files will be in XML, and I shouild be able to write a XSL sheet to convert it from one version to the next. That's the plan anyway :)
That's cool. i won't get too firmly attached then ;)

I like the notes area, though.

What's the Name/Value table just above the notes field? i've noticed it before but don't see what it's used for.
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

I guess I'm confused on what the Index Card view is supposed to show.

I added a monster, entered some data in the notes, hoping it would show in the right-hand pane when selected, but nothing shows in the right-hand pane.
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Steel Rat wrote:What's the Name/Value table just above the notes field? i've noticed it before but don't see what it's used for.
If I understand what you're referring to that is for custom property values. You can define any generic properties that you need for your game and then update these properties while running an encounter.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

jay wrote:
Steel Rat wrote:What's the Name/Value table just above the notes field? i've noticed it before but don't see what it's used for.
If I understand what you're referring to that is for custom property values. You can define any generic properties that you need for your game and then update these properties while running an encounter.
Where do i add those name/value pairs?

for example if I wanted to make a Name/Value pair of HP/current hitpoints...
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Lol, never mind, found that too. In Edit Settings.

Still having trouble understanding what the right-hand pane is for the Index Card view. That would be a perfect place for the Name/Values and notes to display for the selected item.
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

The right hand pane does show the notes and name/value pairs in the index card. It doesn't show it for the selected item, but for the current item which is the one with the checkmark next to it. As you go through each item in the encounter the values in the index card switch. It doesn't show the selected value because I didn't want things to get confused and you can double click on any item to edit all of its values. However, if that is what everybody prefers I can change that.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

It would be handy if clicking on an item in the list caused the appropriate info to display in the right-side. Having it default to displaying the current item in the initiative is also a good thing.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

"Custom Properties Names"
By the name of that, I had no idea what its function was.

Only until now do I know what it does and it is super powerful - I can put HP's, AC's, and other goodies in there.

Do you think that name is fitting? How about Custom Fields or something?

Properties to me sounds like the place you go to make system/program changes.

Just a thought Jay.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

jay wrote:The right hand pane does show the notes and name/value pairs in the index card. It doesn't show it for the selected item, but for the current item which is the one with the checkmark next to it. As you go through each item in the encounter the values in the index card switch. It doesn't show the selected value because I didn't want things to get confused and you can double click on any item to edit all of its values. However, if that is what everybody prefers I can change that.
Ah, ok. that's cool!!

Personally I would like to see the selected info. I plan on using the notes and Name/Value fields for essential combat info, such as HP, AC, Primary Melee and Ranged attacks, etc. for easy reference. So if Orc #259 is attacking Bob the Barbarian, I would like to be able to click on bob and see his AC/HP. But, I can just as easily double-click Bob and do that. So, on second thought, don't change it, unless there is a great cry and hue to do so.

The index card view rocks though!
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

Return to “Announcements”