InitTool 0.1 Development Release Build 10

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Steel Rat wrote:The index card view rocks though!
I am so glad to hear that - I thought maybe I was a minority when I suggest it in the first place. ;)

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

dorpond wrote:
Steel Rat wrote:The index card view rocks though!
I am so glad to hear that - I thought maybe I was a minority when I suggest it in the first place. ;)
I see InitTool as eventually becoming the Charactersheet tool or close to it. As it stands I can pop a text character sheet right into the notes. When I can enter persistent characters, then I'll be REALLY happy.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

When I can enter persistent characters, then I'll be REALLY happy.
Put all your PCs into a Group. That way for each encounter you just add the group and all your player characters come in with all of their stats and such in place.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Phergus wrote:Put all your PCs into a Group. That way for each encounter you just add the group and all your player characters come in with all of their stats and such in place.
Actually I did that pre-b10...
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

FYI, Jay. The Name/Value properties don't show up in the Index Card view. At least they aren't for me. Should they be under "Custom Properties"?
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

My old groups are still loading fine under B11 just not the old encounters.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Also looks like the notes don't update once entered.

In my example, I created one monster. Added his HP and AC to the notes, and created custom values as well for the same thing.

The values in Name/Values aren't saving either. I added another monster just to make sure it wasn't a problem with having only one creature. But the first notes I enter cannot be changed or deleted, and the values in the name/values do not save.
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

dorpond wrote:"Custom Properties Names"
By the name of that, I had no idea what its function was.

Only until now do I know what it does and it is super powerful - I can put HP's, AC's, and other goodies in there.

Do you think that name is fitting? How about Custom Fields or something?

Properties to me sounds like the place you go to make system/program changes.

Just a thought Jay.
All the terminology for init tool is up for debate :) I should probably start a new thread for an init tool glossary, and then we can make changes there.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Steel Rat wrote:FYI, Jay. The Name/Value properties don't show up in the Index Card view. At least they aren't for me. Should they be under "Custom Properties"?
They should be showing up. Try closing init tool and reopeninig it. If that causes them to start showing up, I'll know what the bug is.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Phergus wrote:My old groups are still loading fine under B11 just not the old encounters.
Unfortunately that will break in B12 too. I've changed the group file format to be XML. From b12 on I should be able to write an XSL sheet to modify the xml from one version to the next.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Steel Rat wrote:Also looks like the notes don't update once entered.

In my example, I created one monster. Added his HP and AC to the notes, and created custom values as well for the same thing.

The values in Name/Values aren't saving either. I added another monster just to make sure it wasn't a problem with having only one creature. But the first notes I enter cannot be changed or deleted, and the values in the name/values do not save.
I haven't seen this, so I'll open a tracker for it. It may have something to do with changing the list of custom properties. You can test this by saving the settings, closing init tool, and reopening it.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Further testing shows that changing values on the currently active (check mark next to it) character doesn't save the changes. I can change values which are saved on any non-active character fine.
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Steel Rat wrote:Further testing shows that changing values on the currently active (check mark next to it) character doesn't save the changes. I can change values which are saved on any non-active character fine.
I'll add this to the tracker. Thanks for all the debug help!

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

jay wrote:
Phergus wrote:My old groups are still loading fine under B11 just not the old encounters.
Unfortunately that will break in B12 too. I've changed the group file format to be XML. From b12 on I should be able to write an XSL sheet to modify the xml from one version to the next.
I was expecting that to happen so I've been holding off on putting more than a minimal amount of info into them so far.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Steel Rat wrote:Further testing shows that changing values on the currently active (check mark next to it) character doesn't save the changes. I can change values which are saved on any non-active character fine.
I'm pretty sure I've fixed this in build 13 which will be coming up pretty soon.

Return to “Announcements”