MapTool 1.3 Development Build 57

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

palmer
Great Wyrm

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 57

Post by palmer »

RPTroll wrote:I'm late to the party on this but... You can do computed properties in the stat sheet?
Yes, since b42 :)
Hawke wrote:
RPTroll wrote:I really should read the forums more often. <sigh>

That is pretty freakin' cool.
Hehe. If you do get that error, Az informs me that the popup boxes shouldn't be infinite... eventually you can close them all. Just quickly move your mouse away and try esc or enter or something to get through them.
In theory. I spent over 5 straight minutes once clicking though them and not succeeding (in hopes of not having to lose my work).

A lot of other times, the dialog will become a transparent frame, and be completely unresponsive to clicking anyways.

I have to ask why this bug has suddenly gotten attention? It's been around since b42 - over a YEAR ago. The first mention I can find is http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 526#p63526

I've also seen it claimed that this bug has been "fixed" a few times, but it hasn't.
One claim of a fix: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6243

This is TREVOR claiming it's fixed: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=27t=6418

Listed as fixed in release notes for b51: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6950
"* Default properties will now be evaluated on the statsheet if there is no
value in the property. Even from within evaluated properties."

But no. It's not fixed, and it doesn't seem that it ever will be fixed.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

lmarkus001 wrote:Tried b57 tonight, but had critical failures that prevented using it, so had to revert to b56. Will send the campaign file and more specifics when I am more conscious!
Follow up:

I submitted a campaign file and details of the error to the submit email address.

My errors are tied to one of two things.

1) Initiative Panel. I tried to right-click REMOVE an entry from the Init Panel and was assaulted with errors.

An aside:
As we know, the Init Panel is actually a separate panel for each map. But what is also true is the Init Panel also has Server/Solo sensitivity (this is not unique to b57). If you save a fight in progress while hosting a server, then reload later in solo mode, the Init Panel does not always reload the saved initiative order, however if you then start hosting a server, the initiative is loaded correctly.

2) I moved a bunch of tokens into a solid VBL area and was assaulted with errors.

3) The errors trigger differently if I am in server or solo mode.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

palmer wrote:In theory. I spent over 5 straight minutes once clicking though them and not succeeding (in hopes of not having to lose my work).
I tend to hold down the Enter key and keep the mouse positioned over the location where the OK/Details button comes up in case there's another one of those. :)
A lot of other times, the dialog will become a transparent frame, and be completely unresponsive to clicking anyways.
This is your stack overflowing so badly that the JVM can't get enough memory to populate a window with contents!
This is TREVOR claiming it's fixed: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=27t=6418
Different bug. In that post, Craig says:
Oh and as an aside once this bug is fixed it will be safe to use evaluated properties in your tokens and you wont get the pop ups and errors, as long as all the properties they refer to have defaults.
It wasn't an attempt to protect users from making typos in their property values.

Regardless, this does need to be corrected somehow.
Heh, someone sounds a little petulant. That wouldn't be you, palmer, would it? ;)

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Azhrei wrote:
Different bug. In that post, Craig says:
Oh and as an aside once this bug is fixed it will be safe to use evaluated properties in your tokens and you wont get the pop ups and errors, as long as all the properties they refer to have defaults.
It wasn't an attempt to protect users from making typos in their property values.

Regardless, this does need to be corrected somehow.
Heh, someone sounds a little petulant. That wouldn't be you, palmer, would it? ;)
I wanted to fix it, but fixing it would require a change in how variables are treated and a re factoring of the variable resolver not just in MapTool but the parser project too. So it really became one of those I dont think its going to happen in 1.3 things, since 1.3 was on the way to being completed...

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

Azhrei wrote:
If you lost 4+ hours of work, on multiple occasions, you'd be petulant too.

And the auto-save doesn't actually help in these cases. It frequently ends up overwritten by the new blank campaign while I'm trying to open it. Or just corrupted.

There really needs to be a "last X autosaves"

Thargor
Kobold

Post by Thargor »

Just got the error window: "Autosave failed: java.lang.IllegalArgumentExecption: Could not find timer id: Save" while saving.
After that message i could save without problems.

Pyroman
Cave Troll

Post by Pyroman »

Thargor wrote:Just got the error window: "Autosave failed: java.lang.IllegalArgumentExecption: Could not find timer id: Save" while saving.
After that message i could save without problems.
I got this message only when I attempted to save the campaign while it was autosaving. It happened a couple of times like that.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

hmm, I see where that happens, thanks for the note
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

emperor799
Cave Troll

Post by emperor799 »

trevor wrote:Jay
* Fix bug: Multiple clients stepping on each other's initiative updates.
Wooohoo! Go Jay! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Campaign File Headquarters - Please share your Living and Retail campaign files to make it easier for others to DM! - discussion here

simonutp
Giant

Post by simonutp »

Possible bug in b57 :
Dragging a previouly saved in b56 token (*.rptok format), the size is set to "medium" whatever the saved size.
The same token works correctly in b56...

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Curious, I don't recall changing that ... hmmm
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Announcements”