CT/IT Game Settings Files Released

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

jay
RPTools Team

CT/IT Game Settings Files Released

Post by jay »

I separated the game settings file release from the CT/IT release so that I can update these more often. That hasn't happened yet, but I want to make it possible. To further that goal I'm going to separate the announcements.

This release mostly focuses on 4e changes. There are a lot of bug fixes to the main game settings file. It is now possible to select options like for feats such as the weapon group for the Weapon Focus feat. It is now possible for feats (or anything else for that matter) that apply modifications only to specific powers to work automatically. For instance the Astral Fire feat can now automatically add the +1 damage to powers with the fire or radiant keyword.

There is a new game source file for the PHB2 that contains the full Goliath race and Barbarian class definitions. The macro support in the base file has been moved to its own source file so that the GM or player can decide which macros set to use. I'm in the process of adding Veggiesama's framework to the support, but CT & IT need some code changes to support all the new macro features before it is ready.

To test the new Java character sheet support I created a 'power card' view that looks like this:

I also made some changes for Init Tool as well. IT can now apply ongoing damage and regeneration at the start of the turn as well as make saves at the end of the turn. Any conditions that automatically expire at the beginning or end of a turn are also handled automatically. I also started a combatant lookup file for the MM. It only contains the goblins now, so more data entry is needed. The view for the MM looks like this in IT:
Image.

Here is the list of all changes:
D&D 4e v2:
  • MT Property map was not setting the ArmorCheckPenalty property properly.
  • Ranger powers that did 1[W] damage did not have the <hitWeaponDamgaeMultiplier> element set.
  • Warlock & Ranger powers used the <notes> element for effects instead of the <effect> element.
  • Warlock had some sustain descriptions in the <notes> element.
  • Added the <hitDamage> element to the damage done for a weapon if defined.
  • The feats Arcane Reach, Lost in the Crowd, Sure Climber & Raven Queen’s Blessing didn't have their benefit listed.
  • Fixed bug where temporary hit points were stacking.
  • All powers that grant temp HP to the caster on use (not on hit) now get added automatically.
  • Support for feats with options (i.e. weapon group): Skill Focus, Weapon Focus, Weapon Proficiency
  • Bug where proficiency bonus calculation for the off hand wasn't checking the proficiencies of the character.
  • Bug where Arc of the Righteous, Battle Pyres, True Nemesis, Force Retreat, Blade Flurry, Pillar to Post powers had a secondary attack defined wrong.
  • Remove buttons on character sheet now removes selected instead of showing a list of available items to select and delete.
  • Moved Macro support out to its own source file. Powers no longer have macro reference in them, they are loaded like class and race specific macros.
  • Added languages property, added languages, description, player & elevation to a character sheet
  • Added monster support and started on IT combatant lookup file with all the goblins.
  • Bug where Item powers with ' in name were broken.
  • Added missing counts in equipment data.
  • Added new power card view which shows all of the powers in a card format.
  • Moved power table renderers & modifier calculations to Java for performance reasons.
  • Added support for modifiers to powers with specific keywords and added modifiers for the feats Astral Fire, Burning Blizzard, Dark Fury, Hellfire Blood, & Raging Storm

D&D 4e Player's Handbook 2 v1:
  • First drop of source file: Goliath Race, Barbarian Class and Powers, some feats, other race definitions

D&D 4e TK's Campaign File Framework v1:
  • Split out TK's macro set into its own data source.
D&D 4e Veggiesama's Campaign File Framework v1:
  • First drop of property mapping. Not released.

Default v1:
  • Created a separate default game settings which just rolls a d20 and adds the modifier. This is simulates version 1.0 of IT.
  • This file is now the only game shipped with CT & IT

d20 3.5 v2:
  • Added support for feats

Savage Worlds v2:
  • Fixed a spelling error in the INITIALIZE_INITIATIVE_DATA event name.
Pathfinder v1:
  • Created new file for Pathfinder. Not released

Benz72
Giant

Re: CT/IT Game Settings Files Released

Post by Benz72 »

Cool! is this going to be a D&D only endeavor or are other games getting similar treatment?

aku
Dragon

Post by aku »

Benz72 wrote:Cool! is this going to be a D&D only endeavor or are other games getting similar treatment?
Well, savage worlds is already in there, as is pathfinder (which sure is based on dnd) but since you can create source files, i would think you'd be able to make any game system fit, right jay?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Jay,
I have most of the other races and classes from PHB2, FRPG & EBPG. Do you want me to send you a diff of those? The only one I have a problem with is Genasi as I don't know how to set their Manifestation.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Benz72 wrote:Cool! is this going to be a D&D only endeavor or are other games getting similar treatment?
I have several games available now: d20, 4e, GURPS, Hero, and Savage Worlds. I'm working on a Pathfinder file and sprucing up the d20 game at the same time. CT & IT are game agnostic like MT is. So you can put any game within the framework. And if you can't do it now, I'll fix it :)

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

aku wrote:
Well, savage worlds is already in there, as is pathfinder (which sure is based on dnd) but since you can create source files, i would think you'd be able to make any game system fit, right jay?
That is correct.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

neofax wrote:Jay,
I have most of the other races and classes from PHB2, FRPG & EBPG. Do you want me to send you a diff of those? The only one I have a problem with is Genasi as I don't know how to set their Manifestation.
Sure, just separate them by source. I don't have the rules for Genasi so I can't help you either. IF I ever do get them I'm sure we could work something out.

Return to “Announcements”