MapTool 1.3 Development Build 58

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

dorpond
RPTools Team

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 58

Post by dorpond »

Rumble wrote:It's the Tables window. If you have it open when you exit MT, the layout is not preserved. However, if you have it closed when you exit, layout will persist (I just tried this with b58).
I don't ever have the tables window opened and I experienced the reset.

Normally I have the following windows opened:

- Library
- InitPanel
- Chat
- Selection Macro Window
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Looks like the Init Panel does it too (from my testing). That's new to b58, as far as I can tell. If you close the init panel, and then close and reopen MT, is your layout preserved?

Edit: I very rarely have the tables panel open either, but it consistently nukes my layouts if it's open when MT closes.

Edit Again: here's what I'm doing to reproduce the effect:

1. Open MT.
2. Make a layout that is aesthetically pleasing. I usually have all the macro windows open and stacked, chat, library, and map explorer.
3. Open Tables OR Initiative panel.
4. Close and reopen MT. The layout is lost.
5. Redo the layout, and make sure neither Tables nor Init is open.
6. Close and reopen MT. The layout is preserved.

It may be something unrelated - the number of open windows, where the windows are on the screen, etc., but it seems pretty well linked to Tables and/or Initiative.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Rumble wrote: 3. Open Tables OR Initiative panel.
Ugh.. Yeah.. It IS the initPanel causing it. Confirmed.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

For the sake of All That Is Proper, I've posted a bug report in the bug reports forum. I also linked it to the previously posted report from b56 days.

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

Oddly enough, if the Init Panel is tabbed (with the Library), I've had no issues with my layout going away.

IMarv

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Rumble wrote:It's the Tables window. If you have it open when you exit MT, the layout is not preserved. However, if you have it closed when you exit, layout will persist (I just tried this with b58).
I didn't have the tables window open when I got my error.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Interesting. Another data point - is it the same with the tables window?

@jay: was the initiative panel open?

wrathchild
Dragon

Post by wrathchild »

Seeing the window reset also.

Also - as of b58, this campaign locks up on load: http://www.secretmasters.net/AtG/HillGi ... ding.cmpgn

512 MB allocated - opens in b56 and b57 fine
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

wrathchild wrote: Also - as of b58, this campaign locks up on load: http://www.secretmasters.net/AtG/HillGi ... ding.cmpgn
Dorpond mentioned that one of his campaigns didn't load either. I've fixed the problem and will be doing b59 this evening to fix it.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

trevor wrote:
wrathchild wrote: Also - as of b58, this campaign locks up on load: http://www.secretmasters.net/AtG/HillGi ... ding.cmpgn
Dorpond mentioned that one of his campaigns didn't load either. I've fixed the problem and will be doing b59 this evening to fix it.
Interesting - what was the culprit behind that?

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

heh, it's a lot of gobblygook tech speak, but essentially there is some code that asks for an image, and locks up the app while it waits, which typically (even while being in bad form) isn't a big deal as the image is readily available.

There was a combination of events that could make the image request the image, forget that it asked for it, then when the image was available, forget to tell the code that was waiting that it was available, so the app stayed locked up.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Interesting finds:

When MT resets the window layout, it opens all the windows except:
- InitPanel
- Tables
- Connections

We know that if the following windows are open when closing MT, MT will reset the window layout:
-InitPanel
-Tables

I also know that I was using a Pre1.3B58 version last week and it did not have this issue so that suggests that something that was changed between last Tues and Last night is causing this.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

I think InitPanel, Tables, and Connections have not opened for at least three versions now. I recall having to reopen InitPanel and reconfigure all my panels with each new version.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

RPMiller wrote:I think InitPanel, Tables, and Connections have not opened for at least three versions now. I recall having to reopen InitPanel and reconfigure all my panels with each new version.
That has not been the case for me. Mine always remembered the InitPanel being opened -- well up until B58 anyway. I couldn't tell you about Tables, since I never use that window. Same with Connections - never use since I play face to face.

I just did another test to rule out OS (Vista X64 in my case) - I loaded B58 in a virtual XP session and it resets the panel too.

I found that the jidesoft frame work we use has a whole list of bug fixes in their latest updates and passed it to along to Trevor. Perhaps within lies the answer. Maybe we need to update our framework. Still though, it is very odd that the PreB58 I was using last week worked fine with InitPanel - now it doesn't. *scratches head*

Mr. Pokeylope
Giant

Post by Mr. Pokeylope »

trevor wrote:* Updates:
[s: ] - only display to self
[g: ] - only display to GM
[w("name"): ] - only display to specific player
[st: ] - only display tooltip to self
[gt: ] - only display tooltip to GM

These can be combined, so, for example, the output of [s,g,st: ] would appear to yourself and the GM but not other players, and only you would have a tooltip for it.
If you receive a message that would be empty because, say, it consists of a bunch of rolls that aren't visible to you, the message is suppressed. This applies to [h: ] rolls too; sending "[h: d20]" would result in in no output instead of a blank message.
Mr. Pokeylope wrote:[w(): ] can be used in a few different ways:

Code: Select all

[w("name"): d20]
[w("name1", "name2"): d20]
[h: names = json.fromList("name1, name2")][w(names): d20]
Since we'll be getting b59 soon, I'd appreciate any feedback people have regarding the new roll options. If there are any bugs, I'd like to get them fixed as soon as possible. Thanks!

Return to “Announcements”