MapTool 1.2 Development Release Build 3

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote:Textures are not being saved in campaign file.

I saved the campaign file from home and sent it to work so I could work on it during lunch but it wouldn't load the textures.
This one really stinks, but the solution is pretty straightforward. I'll put out a patch release here pretty quick
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

SDShannonS
Giant

Post by SDShannonS »

Just as a little perspective, I think it's amazing that Dorpond is miffed (jokingly, of course) that by 9:30 at night he hasn't gotten a response to his post made at 11 that morning.

I mean... holy feces... we have come to expect same-hour service from Trevor for a product that most of us haven't even paid for and that Trevor is working on in his spare time while working a full-time job and caring for a wife and new child.

I can't even get same-MONTH service from my payroll department at work and these are people that get PAID to address my issues.

I totally acknowledge that Dorpond's post was in jest but I think it really does highlight the amazing degree of dedication and effort that Trevor puts in to this project, thanklessly. When I rave to other gamers about MapTool, I love pointing out the times when Trevor has responded to a bug with a comment such as, "What time is your game tonight?" and has actually gotten a fix built and published in time for someone to use the fixed product at their game. I love to point that out because it makes jaws drop.

Do you think you'd get that kind of service if you called the CEO of General Motors to fix your busted fuel pump? 'Cause I'm thinkin... not.

So, in short, thank you Trevor. You da man. =o)

Shannon

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote:
I didn't change anything as far as the current window options (yet anyway) but how about we make the existing window be the key for adding textures and adding effects (when we have that option down the road)?
The trick is that the only interesting part of the chooser is when you click on the paint you want to change. All of the controls are useful for color and texture, so it doesn't make sense to put them on different tabs.

I'm thinking about trying something similar where the tabs are located as a sub panel underneath the paint controls (fore/back, opacity, erase, et al).

trevor

Post by trevor »

SDShannonS wrote:Just as a little perspective, I think it's amazing that Dorpond is miffed (jokingly, of course) that by 9:30 at night he hasn't gotten a response to his post made at 11 that morning.
Oops, looks like we simul-posted :) Got caught up on my backlog.

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote:Textures are not being saved in campaign file.
This is fixed for 1.2b4

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote:Issue: When I draw a texture, the size it is when I am drawing it isn't the same when I finalize it by clicking the button. It resizes it - most of the time smaller than the way it looks before I finalize it.
This was caused by a small calculation bug ("off by one" anyone?). I've put in a fix that should resolve this and will be in 1.2b6.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

So the way it looks in the draw window is the same it looks when we release the mouse button? WOOT!

So my guess is that the texture is also lined up in the same way? In other words, the way they look in the box while drawing is the same way they look when we release the button?

Thanks again Trevor!

trevor

Post by trevor »

That's the expectation, we'll have to test and check

Return to “Announcements”