MapTool 1.3 Development Build 60

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

LaserWolf
Dragon

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 60

Post by LaserWolf »

Darinth wrote:LaserWolf, see if you are able to reproduce the event. If not, we may be dealing with a disconnect during a particular event causing the problem. Like maybe during an attempt to send certain resources to a player or something along those lines.
I'll give it a shot, but my players aren't really available to help out and my LAN setup could currently only provide one server and two clients (one of which is a PS3). We were already well into battle, so there shouldn't have been any assets transferring. It would have been a map, initiative, or chat update at most.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Perhaps take some of the variables out of the picture - take out Skype and test, Take out PS3 and test - you know what I'm talkin'.. Hopefully narrow it down a bit more.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

LaserWolf
Dragon

Post by LaserWolf »

Yeah. The PS3 wasn't in it to begin with, but I think I need at least 2 clients to replicate the issue (if it's even possible to replicate over LAN - all my connections were WAN). We'll see.

Thanlis
Giant

Post by Thanlis »

dorpond wrote:Perhaps take some of the variables out of the picture - take out Skype and test, Take out PS3 and test - you know what I'm talkin'.. Hopefully narrow it down a bit more.
Skype's out -- we were running Ventrilo, so just clients and nobody hosting the call locally.

I was hosting on a Mac; the person who disconned was running on a PC. Um, hm, we were using Veggiesama's framework, just on the off chance that's an issue. I mentioned I have a Linksys router. I am on wireless, but I believe one person who's reported the issue was not.

I'll try and remember to run Wireshark for my next session. :)
Reed (halfling sorcerer P3) // Collin (human fighter P2) // Cine (eladrin psion H2)
Sirath (deva shaman H1) // Alesk (dragonborn cleric H3) // Kevin (halfling barbarian H1)

Krattack
Kobold

Post by Krattack »

Here's another take on the stealth disconnect problem:
We had couple of times when one or another of our players "disconnected", nothing comes through from him, etc. So we restart the MT on the server and everything works ok again. Then, close to the time when we were going to call it a night it does it again. So we keep on chatting on Skype, doing other stuff. We've been talking for something like 10 to 15 minutes when all of a sudden all the things the "disconnected" player did suddenly happens all at once. So maybe it's not really a disconnect but something else that chokes the network communication for a very long time. Unfortunately I cannot provide any kind of log of the incident.

Edit: We are using Veggies framework too and this is the first time we tried b60. Previously we were using b55 and that worked pretty well, aside from couple people with very old computers saying that it's extremely slow.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

My Monday night game went very well.

We had very few disconnections, which was a blessing. We had one and I tried to boot the player and it did not seem to work. However, the player was able to log bck in without it ever stating he had been disconnected. It was somewhat strange

Another time it threw me a small Window that said "error", but with no error message and no way to close it down. I ended up having everyone disconnect, and used Task Manager to shut down MapTools. I think restarted the server and it worked fine.

But these were two instances out something like 5 to 6 hours? I can't complain much about that. Overall it was very stable.
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

LaserWolf
Dragon

Post by LaserWolf »

Krattack wrote:Edit: We are using Veggies framework too and this is the first time we tried b60. Previously we were using b55 and that worked pretty well, aside from couple people with very old computers saying that it's extremely slow.
Lest ye point the finger at poor Veggie, I was not using that framework. Just very lightweight macros - never encountered stack problems.

Krattack
Kobold

Post by Krattack »

LaserWolf wrote:
Krattack wrote:Edit: We are using Veggies framework too and this is the first time we tried b60. Previously we were using b55 and that worked pretty well, aside from couple people with very old computers saying that it's extremely slow.
Lest ye point the finger at poor Veggie, I was not using that framework. Just very lightweight macros - never encountered stack problems.
Not pointing a finger at it, at least not accusatory one. Veggies framework was was a VeryGoodThing (tm) when it arrived for our gaming group. :) Just mentioning common items with others who have had this issue.

nortonweb
Cave Troll

Post by nortonweb »

Just wondering if I'm invisible???

:)

Who does one ask for a Mac dmg download darlings :D

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

nortonweb wrote:Just wondering if I'm invisible???

:)

Who does one ask for a Mac dmg download darlings :D
Azhrei heads the Mac stuff. Try pinging him if he isn't responding.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

neofax wrote:except for the initiative overwrite (known bug)
We call this, "your die fell off the table so reroll"...

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

lmarkus001 wrote:
Hmmm.... I thought I had fixed that particular problem. Are you using macros to add the token and set the initiative at the same time? Or are you just setting the initiative? Could the GM be adding tokens or editing something other than the initiative value while you are rolling?

LaserWolf
Dragon

Post by LaserWolf »

Krattack wrote:Not pointing a finger at it, at least not accusatory one. Veggies framework was was a VeryGoodThing (tm) when it arrived for our gaming group. :) Just mentioning common items with others who have had this issue.
Oh I know - that was just a poor attempt at injecting a little humor instead of saying "Nope, don't think that was it." ;-)

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

jay wrote:
lmarkus001 wrote:
Hmmm.... I thought I had fixed that particular problem. Are you using macros to add the token and set the initiative at the same time? Or are you just setting the initiative? Could the GM be adding tokens or editing something other than the initiative value while you are rolling?
It is WAY WAY better, but still there is the odd drop out. Specifically, we use a macro that adds the token to the initiative and sets the initiative value. Since b59 we have not had anyone fail to get their token in to the initiative panel, but we have had the odd macro fail to set the initiative value.

I use the following macro that is executed from a library token:

Code: Select all

[H: dieroll = d20 ]
[H: tImprovedInitiative = getStrProp(Feats, "ImprovedInitiative")]
[H: tImprovedInitiative = if(tImprovedInitiative == "", 0, tImprovedInitiative)]
[H: Initiative = (tImprovedInitiative * 4) + DexB]
[H: tres = dieroll + Initiative + (0.01 * Initiative)]

[H: addToInitiative(0,tres)]
<b>Initiative: [T(tres): dieroll + Initiative]</b> 

nortonweb
Cave Troll

Post by nortonweb »

dorpond wrote:
Azhrei heads the Mac stuff. Try pinging him if he isn't responding.
Cheers Dude

Return to “Announcements”