MapTool 1.3 Development Build 60

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3 Development Build 60

Post by trevor »

The "Could this be it?!" build

The initpanel seems to have stabilized, and we now have the ability to download art packs, with Torstans' fantastic libraries leading the charge !

Build 60 (10/23/09)
* Fix bug: MT errors when drawing map if vision opacity setting is out of range
* Remove the "save as old format" dialog, no longer in use, but shows up occasionally for some reason
* Don't change the clipboard contents on copy/paste if no tokens are selected (Contributed by phergus)
* Reap link dead clients more regularly (client connection list should drop ghost players)
* Make "Boot Connection" a server side action (works on link dead connections)
* Fix bug: saving when map area is not visible throws an error
* New Add Resources to Library dialog (allowing art packs to be downloaded)

Contributed by Cheesethulu
* Correct the bounding box for the line template.
* Fix bug: A line template that had its first and second vertices the same would throw an NPE when getting its bounding box
* Fix bug: LineTemplateTool is calculating the quadrant of a line template incorrectly, so when the origin of the map wasn't at the top-left of the view it would sometimes get the direction wrong.
* Fix bug: Unfilled, erasing drawables delete drawables contained within their interior when load time optimization occurs
* Fix bug: dropping a saved token on to the map resets the token's size and shape

Contributed by gramathy
* Fixes a bug where changing the sight name breaks mouseover sight display for a token
* Fixes a bug where changing the default sight name breaks mouseover sight display for tokens with nonexistent sight types.
* A CURRENT_PROP change will no longer fire when a token is moved with moveToken and initiative does not actually change hands.
* Removing a light source from a token now removes all identical sources.
* Attempting to add a duplicate light source will do nothing.

Jay
* Fix bug: Clients getting exception when server calls removeFromInitiative() on selected token.
* Fix bug: The logging-macros.xml was incorrect and some of the output was still going to stdout.
* Fix bug: Deleting items from initiative was not restoring the current pointer to the right token.
* Fix bug: Some Init panel choices where not remembered from session to session.
* Fix bug: Drag & Drop from IT to MT not handling new macro format.
* Fix bug: Changing Show Init & 2nd Line options on Init panel wasn't resizing list panel properly.
* Fix bug: When Show 2nd line Init option was on but show init was off on the init panel the list items were not painting correctly.
* Fix bug: Dragging the last token in the initiative list to the bottom of the list when it is current would move the current selection to the token above it.
* Fix bug: Initiative list unit of work not handling all cases correctly.
* Added setCurrentMap() function to allow initiative to be moved from map to map in macros.
* Fix bug: The Initiative panel's lock movement was affecting tokens even if there weren't any tokens in the initiative list.
* Fix bug: The drag and drop of images from Firefox was transmitting the images as BMP files and losing transparency.
* Fix bug: If an NPC token was not visible to players it's label was blue when it should have been gray
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Re: MapTool 1.3 Devlopment Build 60

Post by dorpond »

Here is a video showing the new resource library feature:
http://dorpond.rptools.net/demos/Resour ... orial.html
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 60

Post by Azhrei »

I've updated the ZIP file so that the Unix/OSX scripts will have execute permission when extracted. I'll look into the process for building a Mac disk image as well.

n3phrit
Cave Troll

Post by n3phrit »

Great job guys!
Now - When we can expect full documentation for macros? :)

Darinth
Dragon

Post by Darinth »

Yeah! New version :)
Loyalty is not blind, and it cannot be forced. It is a sincere bond formed out of respect and gratitude.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

How can a DM create there own library to share to players? Is it just a easy zip of all the assets? Or, use the zip from the export campaign? Also, can this be used to incorporate Frameworks and such?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

neofax wrote:How can a DM create there own library to share to players? Is it just a easy zip of all the assets? Or, use the zip from the export campaign?
I'm guessing that b60 adds the ability for the GM to upload a ZIP of all the assets, then the player can specify the URL of that ZIP in MapTool. MapTool automatically downloads and unpacks the ZIP, automating the process that has been described elsewhere on the forum.

It's basically a more "batch" version of the repository. When using a campaign repository, only the individual assets are downloaded and cached and only when needed. This downloads the whole thing and unpacks it immediately.

Weirdness with b59 and b60: when a client connects to the server and navigates to a map with assets that are not Visible to Players, they don't see the assets ... until they disconnect from the server! On my system running two MapTool clients on the same machine, the assets they're not supposed to see are only visible for a fraction of a second. But it's enough to get a general idea of the layout of a map. :(

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

n3phrit wrote:Great job guys!
Now - When we can expect full documentation for macros? :)
Darn near everything is documented in the wiki; we just need to catch up on the last couple builds' new functions (which weren't that many, IIRC).

cheesethulhu
Cave Troll

Post by cheesethulhu »

"Add to Resource Library..." is nice, but there appears to be remnants of a previous attempt at it on the Help menu now. I looked at the Help menu first and it threw me for a loop trying to figure out what was wrong (until I watched dorpond's video).
Azhrei wrote: Weirdness with b59 and b60: when a client connects to the server and navigates to a map with assets that are not Visible to Players, they don't see the assets ... until they disconnect from the server! On my system running two MapTool clients on the same machine, the assets they're not supposed to see are only visible for a fraction of a second. But it's enough to get a general idea of the layout of a map. :(
This isn't new to b59 and b60. I just tried with b56 and it shows up there, too.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

oops, yeah I changed approach and apparently forgot to take it out.

dangit. guess there will be a b61:)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Great job !
The new feature seems really cool.
And the video is excellent.
Thanks.
ImageImageImageImage

Taragnor
Cave Troll

Post by Taragnor »

Does the chat auto-logging work in this build?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Taragnor wrote:Does the chat auto-logging work in this build?
Argh, no. :( I never spent the time to figure out how to hook into the timer. :( That's my fault. I'll resync with svn and take a look right now.

Shpena
Cave Troll

Post by Shpena »

Thanks guys for your amazing work. You've made this old DM very happy with the tools, and now my group is over the moon.

Keep it up! :D
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils."
- Louis-Hector Berlioz

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

trevor wrote:oops, yeah I changed approach and apparently forgot to take it out.

dangit. guess there will be a b61:)
Woohoo! Once step closer to b65! ::crosses fingers::

Return to “Announcements”