MapTool 1.3 Development Build 60

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

nortonweb
Cave Troll

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 60

Post by nortonweb »

We use a hacked Veggie (older version) and I've had in build 58 and 59 players that don't get added to the initiative order. Their init gets rolled and sent to me in the chat but not added. Doesn't seem to matter if their token is in already or not. So I don't think its new for 60...

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Aasgaardsreiden wrote:Fine Gents and Ladies,

I noticed that with build 59 (and unfortunately in build 60 as well) that movement measurement is incorrect when you are not using Snap to Grid. In build 56, if you started to move a token which was not set as Snap to Grid, the movement counter started at 0.0 and increased by 0.1 increments. Now, in build 60 with a Medium sized token (not set to Snap to Grid) the movement counter starts at 1.4 (oddly enough). The good news is that it still increases by 0.1 increments...

(snip)

Is anyone else experiencing this or am I perhaps simply halfway in a dreamlike state, put there by aliens who abhor the idea of starting at 0 and prefer to mess with the fragile state of the human mind (or at least the fragile state of mine)?

A quick note - cheesethulhu and I tracked down this issue (there was a bug report thread on it) and submitted a patch to Trevor today. Hopefully, it will wend its way into b61 and correct the problem.

Aasgaardsreiden
Kobold

Post by Aasgaardsreiden »

Rumble wrote:
Aasgaardsreiden wrote:Fine Gents and Ladies,

I noticed that with build 59 (and unfortunately in build 60 as well) that movement measurement is incorrect when you are not using Snap to Grid. In build 56, if you started to move a token which was not set as Snap to Grid, the movement counter started at 0.0 and increased by 0.1 increments. Now, in build 60 with a Medium sized token (not set to Snap to Grid) the movement counter starts at 1.4 (oddly enough). The good news is that it still increases by 0.1 increments...

(snip)

Is anyone else experiencing this or am I perhaps simply halfway in a dreamlike state, put there by aliens who abhor the idea of starting at 0 and prefer to mess with the fragile state of the human mind (or at least the fragile state of mine)?

A quick note - cheesethulhu and I tracked down this issue (there was a bug report thread on it) and submitted a patch to Trevor today. Hopefully, it will wend its way into b61 and correct the problem.

Verily, thou art scholars and gentlemen (and/or ladies where appropriate) of the highest calibre. Were it within my power, I would have named a street after the lot of you. At the very least, a road or goat trail if the local city planners had bad feelings about a full on street. I shall wait with ‘bated breath for the release of build 61. You have my heartfelt thanks and appreciation for a job well done on a fine, fine product. Please, continue to turn up the awesome.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Is view last path for tokens without snap to grid known to be broken? I tried it today and it threw a fat error.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

nortonweb wrote:
dorpond wrote:Azhrei heads the Mac stuff. Try pinging him if he isn't responding.
Cheers Dude
I'll try taking a look at this tomorrow night.

I played with a script I found on the web that creates the .dmg, but I found that it didn't create a compressed .dmg and the one that the other forum user (Graddog?) built was much smaller than the one I created (by about a factor of 2).

doobie235
Kobold

Post by doobie235 »

Quick question for anyone who knows...

I was attempting to use Null's framework and I encountered an issue with builds 57-60. Here's the steps I'm taking to generate this issue over and over again...

1. Open maptool builds 57-60.
2. File > Edit > Campaign Properties
3. Import "Campaign Props v4-2.mtmacro"
4. Update and Okay.
5. Save Campaign As... xyz.CMPGN
6. Close MapTool.
7. Open MapTool.
8. Open Campaign xyz.CMPGN

Here's where I encounter the problem. My campaign does not load. It seems to be linked to the .mtmacro file. I've loaded campaign properties with Veggie's .mtprops file and everything worked fine on build 60. Is this a known issue with the .mtmacro extension? Or is it just me?

Is there a way to make an .mtprops file?

Thanks to anyone who can help, Steve.

P.S. As a sidenote, my group played tonight using version 60 and had multiple disconnects. Not sure what was causing the problem, but thought I'd throw that out there.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

doobie235 wrote:2. File > Edit > Campaign Properties
[...]
Here's where I encounter the problem. My campaign does not load. It seems to be linked to the .mtmacro file. I've loaded campaign properties with Veggie's .mtprops file and everything worked fine on build 60. Is this a known issue with the .mtmacro extension? Or is it just me?
Are you mixing your filename extensions back and forth? Did you mean to use the .mtprops extensions for all of these comments?

Otherwise, you shouldn't be able to load an mtmacro file into the Campaign Properties and that might be screwing something up. (Perhaps there isn't a strong enough filetype check in the Import feature of the Campaign Properties?) The mtmacro files are macros that should be loaded onto tokens instead.

wargames
Kobold

Post by wargames »

Azhrei wrote:
doobie235 wrote:2. File > Edit > Campaign Properties
[...]
Are you mixing your filename extensions back and forth? Did you mean to use the .mtprops extensions for all of these comments?

Otherwise, you shouldn't be able to load an mtmacro file into the Campaign Properties and that might be screwing something up. (Perhaps there isn't a strong enough filetype check in the Import feature of the Campaign Properties?) The mtmacro files are macros that should be loaded onto tokens instead.
But when ever you export campaign properties it comes out with the mtmacro extension not mtprops.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

wargames wrote:But when ever you export campaign properties it comes out with the mtmacro extension not mtprops.
I have mentioned this to Trevor many times over the last several builds. I recall him looking at it one day and him saying it was something with the way the macro guys created their macro export. *shrug*

I'll remind him again.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

dorpond wrote:
wargames wrote:But when ever you export campaign properties it comes out with the mtmacro extension not mtprops.
I have mentioned this to Trevor many times over the last several builds. I recall him looking at it one day and him saying it was something with the way the macro guys created their macro export. *shrug*

I'll remind him again.

I'd thought this was corrected (but never checked). Seeing that it is not, I went poking around and found the source of the bug. I can forward a patch to Trevor today. I'll put in a bug reports thread on it, to cover the bases.

barinax
Giant

Post by barinax »

LaserWolf wrote:
Darinth wrote:LaserWolf, see if you are able to reproduce the event. If not, we may be dealing with a disconnect during a particular event causing the problem. Like maybe during an attempt to send certain resources to a player or something along those lines.
I'll give it a shot, but my players aren't really available to help out and my LAN setup could currently only provide one server and two clients (one of which is a PS3). We were already well into battle, so there shouldn't have been any assets transferring. It would have been a map, initiative, or chat update at most.
I have tried several times to test this on my own using 2 different LAN connected PCs. Unfortunately, none of my players have been available to help me test over the internet. I can NOT reproduce the problem, but it was such a game stopper last time, I don't think it's going to go away.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

barinax wrote:I have tried several times to test this on my own using 2 different LAN connected PCs. Unfortunately, none of my players have been available to help me test over the internet. I can NOT reproduce the problem, but it was such a game stopper last time, I don't think it's going to go away.
Keep in mind that we have a wonderful community up here that will be glad to help you test. Just host up a session and post an invite.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but 2 of my 7 clients had an issue last night so I thought I would mention it. At some random point (although it may have been related to the locking of movement with the initiative panel) the mouse-over stat sheets stopped appearing. We tried mucking with the MapTool preferences but no changes would get the stat sheet to reappear. So after mucking with preferences, we closed MapTools and reopened and from that point forward the stat sheets worked as expected.

This is probably not worth spending energy on, but I figured I would mention it.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Minor Glitch: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11898

The Lock Movement initiative panel setting is working almost perfectly now. The one glitch is, if a pc token has intitiative, and something gets added or shifted or sorted in the initiative panel, that pc token can lose movement rights. If you Next+Previous to move the check away and back, they get movement rights restored.

Gringoire
Cave Troll

Post by Gringoire »

any news about mac version??
La nuova Era - Sito italiano dedicato a MapTool e D&D 4th edition.
Gringoire's FrameWork Il primo e unico FrameWork completamente italiano, sviluppato da un italiano.

Return to “Announcements”