MapTool 1.3 Development Build 60

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 60

Post by lmarkus001 »

* A CURRENT_PROP change will no longer fire when a token is moved with moveToken and initiative does not actually change hands.
I am not understanding what this change is, can anyone clarify?

Oh and great work folks, it keeps getting better and better!

kbielefe
Kobold

Post by kbielefe »

Rumble wrote:
n3phrit wrote:Great job guys!
Now - When we can expect full documentation for macros? :)
Darn near everything is documented in the wiki; we just need to catch up on the last couple builds' new functions (which weren't that many, IIRC).
I've been trying to keep up with the new functions on the wiki through the last few builds, but please let me know if I've missed something. I consider it my way to "pay" for the use of this excellent software. Wiki: setCurrentMap() is now up.

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

The Add Library feature is really nice, I can see this being huge in the future.

This seems like such a nice build that I'll run it tomorrow in my game.

barinax
Giant

Post by barinax »

FdL wrote:The Add Library feature is really nice, I can see this being huge in the future.

I will be running it in about 20 minutes. Will report back with my findings.

barinax
Giant

Post by barinax »

barinax wrote:
FdL wrote:The Add Library feature is really nice, I can see this being huge in the future.

I will be running it in about 20 minutes. Will report back with my findings.
Well, I had to end my session early due to the clients getting stealth disconnected from the server. Essentially, at some point, any actions run on any maptool screen (either player or DM) would not propagate to the rest of the connected PCs at all, but everyone still shows as connected in the connection window. I had to kill the java process and restart the server and have everyone reconnect to get things going again.

I just added a LOT of new targeting macros, and they were sporadically working, so this may have somehow caused the maptool disconnects. Below is a link to my campaign which is over 9MB in size.

WARNING! Marjor DnD 4e Pyramid of Shadows spoilers in this campaign!!

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/77719/Pyrami ... 3_09.cmpgn

The macros that may have been tied to the problems are all on the player tokens and are highlighted in this screenshot.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/77719/screenshot.jpg

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

WOW! I had the exact opposite effect to barinax. While playing my regular Scales of War in Forgotten Realms, I never had a single problem (although the Mac user did fixed thanks to Azhrei's previous post). Was able to finally remove a token from init and not have players receive errors. Was drawing on the map, FOW/Lighting/High-Res maps no problems. BTW, my other PC was running B59 for a RPGA game and all of the traffic did not cause one hiccup!

TREVOR this build is feces hot!

WTF! I am surprised the forum automatically changed my language. :lol:

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Thanks for the testing guys,

@barinax what stack size were you using ? Did all the clients use the same stack size ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

barinax
Giant

Post by barinax »

trevor wrote:Thanks for the testing guys,

@barinax what stack size were you using ? Did all the clients use the same stack size ?
Trevor,

We were all using the default launch parameters.

512mb max ram
64mb min ram
2mb stack size

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

Is it me or the mouse movement of a token is really sensitive to the "wrong" directions? Especially with larger tokens...Is this a bug, or known?

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

FdL wrote:Is it me or the mouse movement of a token is really sensitive to the "wrong" directions? Especially with larger tokens...Is this a bug, or known?
known bug.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Barigato
Kobold

Post by Barigato »

kbielefe wrote:
Rumble wrote:
n3phrit wrote:Great job guys!
Now - When we can expect full documentation for macros? :)
Darn near everything is documented in the wiki; we just need to catch up on the last couple builds' new functions (which weren't that many, IIRC).
I've been trying to keep up with the new functions on the wiki through the last few builds, but please let me know if I've missed something. I consider it my way to "pay" for the use of this excellent software. Wiki: setCurrentMap() is now up.
Has the round() mathematical function disappeared from the list? Or was it ever there? I know it exists in the function set since I use it, but when I tried to look it up to see if it had a "number of decimal digits" parameter, I couldn't find it in the wiki.

cubeblue
Cave Troll

Post by cubeblue »

I hosted a 4.5 hour game on Friday evening with four other players, I had zero issues with b60.
& So Forth a blog about dungeons & dragons & so forth. With a particular eye for virtual table-top play, 5e, and OSR themes.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

cubeblue wrote:I hosted a 4.5 hour game on Friday evening with four other players, I had zero issues with b60.
Awesome!! :)
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

I too report that this build is solid, as i've used it for my game today, and unlike B59 with some weirdness, this has worked near perfectly. No showstoppers.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I have now played 12+ hrs of B60 and have yet had a problem, except for the initiative overwrite (known bug). Playing two games at the same time 1 in B60 and 1 B59 and B59 had multiple errors. This is as solid as it gets!

Return to “Announcements”