MapTool 1.3 Development Build 61

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3 Development Build 61

Post by trevor »

The "tweak tweak" build

A huge thanks to the contributors that made this build possible. I've been swamped with other things and haven't had a chance to do much. So thanks to those that took the time to fix stuff (also note that I haven't had much time to test the patches, either, but they looked good in code at least):

Build 61 (11/3/09)
* Fix bug: campaigns fail to load if there is a bad/corrupt asset stored in the save file (Contributed by Phergus)
* Fix bug: saving campaign properties creates a .mtmacro instead of a .mtprops (Contributed by rumble)
* Fix bug: non snap to grid tokens show movement line offset incorrectly (Contributed by cheesetuhlu and rumble)
* Dragging within the initiative list now keeps the dragged item under the mouse when dropped. (Contributed by gramathy)
* Fix bug: getInitiative/setInitiatve getInitiativeHold/setInitiativeHold getState/setState were throwing exceptions when a token wasn't found. (Jay)

Here's hoping this is the final 1.3 build !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

plothos
Great Wyrm

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 61

Post by plothos »

Yay!
Hope life's settling down for ya. Employed anew yet?
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

First thing I noticed is that this old drawing bug is STILL with us:
if you draw a line and change the width, the width doesn't actually change until you draw your second line.
Drop-In Utilities:
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

plothos wrote:Yay!
Yeah, that's one of the time sinks, starting up next week tuesday, so been getting all the paperwork done and getting prepped.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

trevor wrote:starting up next week tuesday, so been getting all the paperwork done and getting prepped.
Cool, congrats. Ain't paperwork grand?
Drop-In Utilities:

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

congrats with the new build and the employment!

Just out of curiosity, what exactly do you require from a build to advance it from 1.3bx DEV to 1.4?

Thanlis
Giant

Post by Thanlis »

http://www.innocence.com/games/rptools/ ... .3.b61.dmg (temporary, may go away once the DMG is up on the download page)
Reed (halfling sorcerer P3) // Collin (human fighter P2) // Cine (eladrin psion H2)
Sirath (deva shaman H1) // Alesk (dragonborn cleric H3) // Kevin (halfling barbarian H1)

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

trevor wrote: * Fix bug: getInitiative/setInitiatve getInitiativeHold/setInitiativeHold getState/setState were throwing exceptions when a token wasn't found. (Jay)

This is great and now allows tokens to be moved from map to map and preserve their initiative! Hooray!

One item in the related bug report that was missed was getImage(). It still fails ungracefully.

Taragnor
Cave Troll

Post by Taragnor »

Chat autologging still needs to become functional too.

Also, are you ever going to move the movement ratios like ONE_TWO_ONE to a map/campaign property instead of an individual user property? That really should be the sort of thing that you should be able to set to an individual map or campaign.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Thanlis wrote:http://www.innocence.com/games/rptools/ ... .3.b61.dmg (temporary, may go away once the DMG is up on the download page)
Added to the web site's Download page.

I have also updated the ZIP file so that the *.command and *.sh files have execute permission when extracted on a Unix system.

Daeger
Cave Troll

Post by Daeger »

trevor wrote:
plothos wrote:Yay!
Yeah, that's one of the time sinks, starting up next week tuesday, so been getting all the paperwork done and getting prepped.
I do personally hope you get get the 1.3 Final build out before that day, then, my players are getting annoyed at having to update so often for reasons I can't really discern.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Daeger wrote:I do personally hope you get get the 1.3 Final build out before that day, then, my players are getting annoyed at having to update so often for reasons I can't really discern.
My players have found using the WebStart is much easier than updating the zip file each game... might want to pass that along. Initially I was a zip purist, but since switching to the webstart on one of my systems I haven't noticed any difference.

Minch Ruwin
Cave Troll

Post by Minch Ruwin »

Daeger, beggars can't be choosers eh? This is the price of the coolest freeware on the net.

Trevor and Co.. this is a fabulous piece of work! This tool let me keep up my gaming relationships when I migrated to the US from Canada. Wouldn't have worked without this! Love it!

minchrwuin

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

Hawke wrote:
Daeger wrote:I do personally hope you get get the 1.3 Final build out before that day, then, my players are getting annoyed at having to update so often for reasons I can't really discern.
My players have found using the WebStart is much easier than updating the zip file each game... might want to pass that along. Initially I was a zip purist, but since switching to the webstart on one of my systems I haven't noticed any difference.
I'm personally looking forward to a stable release. It's been far too long that we've been without one, and the differences between even the earlier 1.3 dev builds and 1.2 final are too drastic in regards to features available.

I avoid the web start to avoid any issues that arise from new, unkown bugs. I don't like using the latest dev build until I am 100% sure it won't break anything or that no bugs will surprise me in the middle of a game session.

Zips allow me and my group to sit still until the next reasonably bug free dev build.
Kristian

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

Eh. Most of these beta builds are pretty darn stable.

Return to “Announcements”