Community Site launched

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Mr.Ice
RPTools Team

Community Site launched

Post by Mr.Ice »

The website is now in a wiki. While this does have some stylistic implications as I'm often reminded... :)

...It should also mean that the documentation can be improved significantly, quickly, and even possibly keep pace with the code.

Please check it out, and if you're inclined create an account. There are a couple of pages that we've restricted editing to the staff, the rest of the site is open.[/b]

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

This is great, but it has displaced the navigation bar to a good deal farther down than is convenient.
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

Oh yes, and could you make it so that you can change your password? And Real Name?

Mr.Ice
RPTools Team

Post by Mr.Ice »

brisingre wrote:This is great, but it has displaced the navigation bar to a good deal farther down than is convenient.
Are you talking about the dokuwiki toolbar?

Mr.Ice
RPTools Team

Post by Mr.Ice »

brisingre wrote:Oh yes, and could you make it so that you can change your password? And Real Name?
Yes, eventually.

DokuWiki was selected mostly because of the ease of setup, and the fact that it doesn't have a lot of external requirements which would be hard to install in our hosted environment.

I'll be working on it a little bit, I'd like to integrate the authentication and authorization with phpBB. That should give us some more flexibility also, as the user self-admin tools there are more advanced.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

So for now we use images from our own server to populate the documents? Is there going to be a wiki image repository hosted on the rptools site at some point?

Mr. Ice, please check your private messasges. :-)
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Mr.Ice
RPTools Team

Post by Mr.Ice »

RPTroll wrote:So for now we use images from our own server to populate the documents? Is there going to be a wiki image repository hosted on the rptools site at some point?

Mr. Ice, please check your private messasges. :-)
[have done, reply sent]

2 things on images.

1) when you use the add image tool you can upload the image to the wiki and it will internally reference it. This is not optimal as we've seen it's 'cache' of the images means that it's not allowwing the browser to cache it. But it does address your concern -- you don' t have to host the images for us.

2) in the near future we may be able to host more images (outside of the wiki) for browsing and downloading. Give us a bit to work through that.

Mr.Ice
RPTools Team

Post by Mr.Ice »

Mr.Ice wrote:
brisingre wrote:Oh yes, and could you make it so that you can change your password? And Real Name?
Yes, eventually.
Like now? I'm updating the site to the latest dokuwiki code, which has this built in... over the next week or so I'll try to integrate the authentication with the board so it's one login for both.

there's an update profile button that will show up momentarily so that you can change the info.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

Mr.Ice wrote:
brisingre wrote:This is great, but it has displaced the navigation bar to a good deal farther down than is convenient.
Are you talking about the dokuwiki toolbar?
No, I am talking about the bar that has the webstarts, tool links, and the link to the forum on it.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

I just loaded up the webpage in IE (I'm a firefox guy), and the left nav is pushed down past the page content.

MrIce could you fix that ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

You can eidt stats now, thanks Mr. Ice.

Mr.Ice
RPTools Team

Post by Mr.Ice »

trevor wrote:I just loaded up the webpage in IE (I'm a firefox guy), and the left nav is pushed down past the page content.
I am also a Firefox guy, sorry IE users...

stylesheet fixed for IE braindeadedness (it adds a bunch of extra whitespace that the doku guys had to work around, blame IE).

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

thanx

split of maptool documentation

Post by Guest »

I've created a copy of the maptool documentation in the wiki.

You'll see it on the MapTool project page at http://rptools.net/doku.php?id=maptool:intro

Basically, a set of documentation needs to stay with the Released version (once it is released) and another needs to follow features added to the Development version.

Return to “Announcements”