MapTool 1.3 Development Build 62

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

jay
RPTools Team

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 62

Post by jay »

simonutp wrote:It seems that the ' makes the parser go mad.
Can we try to replace the incriminated text by
"Le tour de jeu de {o} commence."
which has no '.
To add a single quote to the output text you should put '' (two single quotes) in the message format. Here is the MessageFormat details

simonutp
Giant

Post by simonutp »

I will try : C''est au tour de {0} de jouer.
It sounds really better in french.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Thanks, jay; that's the page I was thinking of. :)

As noted on that page, we should probably copy/paste the description of single quotes into the translation file and provide the URL to the page as well. I don't think Trevor wants a b63 just for that, though. ;)

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Azhrei wrote: I don't think Trevor wants a b63 just for that, though. ;)
There is going to be a B63 anyway because Trevor has a couple more little things to get out of the way.

Notable mention: I am currently in a B62 game and so far it is rock solid! Man, macro speeds are blistering fast! Wooo!!! :)
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

I haven't run a game with b62 yet, that is set for tomorrow night, but I did do a test on a problem macro and here is the results.

The macro is a Recovery macro that I thought was fairly basic. The problem was the more tokens you had run it at once, the time to complete grew exponentially. I did time tests on just my computer, not in the network. When I got to 10 tokens selected, it took slightly more then 2 minutes to complete. And that could easily happen in a large combat with a number of grunt NPCs.

In b62 I did the same test an with 10 tokens selected that same macro on the same computer now finishes in between 14 and 15 seconds.

This makes me very excited for my game tomorrow, as there promises to be a bit of combat. :D Thanks a bunch to everyone who put in the time debugging this!
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

That is awesome news Brad! Thanks for sharing!

I am still in game - still not a single problem! Woooo! :)
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I got through the whole night without any issues! Woohoo!! :)

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Fun fact: Dorpond is actually "Nature Boy" Ric Flair.

"You wanna be the build, you gotta BEAT the build! WOOOO!!!!"

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

*Lmao*
Now that is funny! Wooooo!

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

HA HA !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

Server Lock up still a problem! I locked up 2x tonight. Same symptoms. Players stopped receiving updates, weird blank error when you try to close maptools.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yeah, but the Boot code was removed from b62 and that's (supposedly) where the problem may lie. So taking out the updates certainly wouldn't fix anything but would put it back to square zero.

I didn't expect b62 to solve that issue. :roll:

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Sir Flak wrote:Server Lock up still a problem! I locked up 2x tonight. Same symptoms. Players stopped receiving updates, weird blank error when you try to close maptools.
Hmmm, that's not good.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Darinth
Dragon

Post by Darinth »

Well... on the positive side that means the boot code can probably go back in. On the negative side... that means the problem code still has to be found...
Loyalty is not blind, and it cannot be forced. It is a sincere bond formed out of respect and gratitude.

Taragnor
Cave Troll

Post by Taragnor »

brad wrote: The macro is a Recovery macro that I thought was fairly basic. The problem was the more tokens you had run it at once, the time to complete grew exponentially. I did time tests on just my computer, not in the network. When I got to 10 tokens selected, it took slightly more then 2 minutes to complete. And that could easily happen in a large combat with a number of grunt NPCs.

In b62 I did the same test an with 10 tokens selected that same macro on the same computer now finishes in between 14 and 15 seconds.
Yeah, I've noticed the exponential growth (well actually I think it's geometric technically) in execution time of macros with multiple selected tokens.

B62 runs macros faster, but it still has this geometric growth problem for some odd reason.

You can for instance get a macro that takes 1 second to run on two tokens. Yet when you select 10 tokens, instead of taking 5 seconds to run, it'll take closer to 30-60 seconds. I noticed this anomaly for a long time and was hoping the new macro speed up code was going to fix that.

It seems it's still present but fortunately the macros run quite a bit faster now. The macro speed up code is awesome.

Return to “Announcements”