MapTool 1.2 Development Release Build 6

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Trevor, I made Screencasts that will hopefully allow you to reproduce issues.

Check your developers e-mail. I gave details there.

I don't know what else to do to help you out at this point.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Phergus wrote:
* Change "Use as paint" texture semantics: popup menu item now just adds it to the palette, renamed to "Add to paint palette"
I don't think I like this change. I believe the old way was faster.
That was my first though also after using it. I am not sure that taking away the option in the token tree is going to make the process more user friendly because I think the confusion issues were not there but rather in the palette window anyway.

I always thought of the token tree method being the advanced user method which many of us advanced user liked (I did anyway). The new users will look for a browse button or some user friendly function in the palette window.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

dorpond wrote:I also noticed that tokens vanish and reappears as I zoom in and zoom out.
Just a variation on the map panning thing. If you hold your mouse pointer over a token while you zoom in and out that one won't disappear though others might.

I'm using:

Code: Select all

java version "1.5.0_10"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_10-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_10-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote:
Phergus wrote:
* Change "Use as paint" texture semantics: popup menu item now just adds it to the palette, renamed to "Add to paint palette"
I don't think I like this change. I believe the old way was faster.
That was my first though also after using it. I am not sure that taking away the option in the token tree is going to make the process more user friendly because I think the confusion issues were not there but rather in the palette window anyway.
Yeah, I think it's faster to have it directly set the texture, but it's very unintuitive. Instead, think of this as a step. What I want to do is make it so that the texture and color pallete is visible while you are drawing, hence making it very fast to pick textures that are already in the pallete. So how do you get them in ? Right click->add, additionally it was suggested to support drag and drop. So the eventual outcome will be a very fast mechanism to select your texture/color
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Okay trevor - here's my process. I've opened 1.2b6 with the .bat file with 1G of ram.

To create disappearing tokens, I loaded up a campaign that I had built under 1.2b5 (I'll email it to [email protected] after I've posted this). This campaign has one token in a blacked out map with just a little area visible. When I switch to show as player, this token (which isn't under any FOW) disappears. Now if I add another token, it also disappears in the 'show as player' view. (I can't reproduce the earlier behaviour where the original token came back).

I've set up a player client and connected and the tokens don't appear on that one either. In addition, if the player adds a token, it doesn't show up.

Hope the campaign file can throw some light on this.

Korhil
Kobold

Post by Korhil »

Dice roll cheat seems to be still there (wasn't listed in fixes).

My suggestion would be adding a "*" before players name to prevent this. As far as I know it is only possible to cheat if text comes after characters name.

Example:
* Player rolls: d6 => 3

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Trevor, I pulled up 1.1B35 to test the drawing stuff and it too does not align the drawing into the grid (while snap is enables). I just wanted to let you know that whatever is ailing 1.2 was also there in 1.1 - I just never knew it because I never drew walls with 1.1

Still testing my friend - I am not sure why you are unable to reproduce it though.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Korhil wrote:Dice roll cheat seems to be still there (wasn't listed in fixes).

My suggestion would be adding a "*" before players name to prevent this. As far as I know it is only possible to cheat if text comes after characters name.

Example:
* Player rolls: d6 => 3
Welcome to the forums Korhil !

Tell me more about which cheat you are referring, is it using the /em or something ? Roll verifiability is high in our priority list, we have a significant enhancement planned. But in the mean time I could patch up specific cases.

trevor

Post by trevor »

snikle wrote:Ah I think I see what is happening, when you move the token, it appears as if it is auto exposing the next visible area, but it is not. It is merely clipping the current view WITHIN the exposed area that was previously exposed, I was under the impression that is was exposing the new current view, but it only does so within the confines of previously exposed areas.
Was that the intention trevor?
Yes, that was the intention. The main fog stays until the GM exposes it. But as the tokens move around their vision automatically affects what's around them, rehiding stuff behind them

Return to “Announcements”