MapTool 1.2 Development Release Build 6

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

torstan wrote:Also, when I switch to 'show as player' the toekn I'm using disappears.
Could you give me the steps you are taking starting with just after startup ? I tried a couple different methods and could not make the tokens disappear. Could you send me your campaign file ? ([email protected])
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote:Texture Draw fitting to grid while holding Control is still not fixed. See original post here:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?p=14144#14144
Weird, I opened the campaign, set a texture, zoomed out enough to see the entire wall, and created a rectangle over the exact same location and it fit correctly.

If anyone can figure out what conditions cause it to be off, I would be greatly, greatly appreciative

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I wonder if it could be java version related? I'll test when there is more time.

I also made a screencast of the issue on the FTP

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

dorpond wrote:
torstan wrote:Also, when I switch to 'show as player' the toekn I'm using disappears.

No error messages showing in the DOS prompt I'm afraid.
Confirmed Broken

Yeah, when FOW is turned on, the GM can no longer see all of the tokens. Turn off FOW and they all return.
Uhm. Isn't that exactly what "Show as Player" is supposed to do. Show the view from a player perspective. Players can't see tokens under FoW. The point is to show what Players can see and not what the GM can see.

My testing of this so far shows that it behaves exactly as expected. Tokens that are visible can be seen if they are not under FoW. Tokens under FoW disappear.

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

Screen shot of player view, does not show token, and is missing some of the objects used to create the dungeon (there should be hall objects in the shape of a cross where it is showing dirt)

Also seems like sometimes when you use the expose view button, then later walk over the area and it auto-exposes the same area, it leaves 'ghost images' of the previous exposure.
Last edited by snikle on Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Snikle - Are some of the tiles or tokens flagged as Not Visible to Players?

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

Phergus, nope all objects have visible to players clicked, they are also on the background layer. And the token is clicked as visible to players as well.

Here is a cap of the ghosting:
This first one shows how the outline still shows the earlier visible inside the new outline.

Here is the 'processed' expose area, you can see how it is clipped at the top where the two outlines overlapped in the above image.

And here after I rotated and exposed the area, it is still clipped along those lines:

Here is the player view for the exact same shot as above:
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

Ah I think I see what is happening, when you move the token, it appears as if it is auto exposing the next visible area, but it is not. It is merely clipping the current view WITHIN the exposed area that was previously exposed, I was under the impression that is was exposing the new current view, but it only does so within the confines of previously exposed areas.
Was that the intention trevor?

Also I cannot reproduce the error that dorpond described earlier with the texture drawing, seems to work fine here.
Last edited by snikle on Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Was able to reproduce the disappearing token trick.

You have to use Vision to clear the FoW. Manually clearing it as the GM does not cause problems.

Panning the map can cause tokens to disappear as if they stayed still while the map moved under them.

Steps to Reproduce:

Create new unbound from any handy image.
Add token and make visible.
Add Vision to Token.
Expose Visible Area.
Switch to Player View.
Pan map - as the distance panned exceeds the vision radius the token disappears.

You can also see a similar behavior by added a second token and moving it some distance away from the last point that the Expose Visible was done.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

* Change "Use as paint" texture semantics: popup menu item now just adds it to the palette, renamed to "Add to paint palette"
I don't think I like this change. I believe the old way was faster.

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

Whew, trevor got your work cut out for you this week. :wink:

Apply normal round vision to a token, makes an odd ovalish shape rather than circle. Think I figured this one out too, the top area was determined by my first token's exposed view earlier. This token's exposed area was limited by the firsts exposed area.

And I can confirm Phergus's statement that by panning you can make random objects appear and disappear in the player view.
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

As far as the texture drawing issue snapping to grid, can you guys tell me what versions of Java you are running? Type this at the command prompt:

java -version

I am really interested in Trevors and Snickles version because they cannot reproduce it but I am just as curious about Phergus'.

This is what I am running and I have the snap issue with texture draws

java version "1.5.0_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode)

(I am forced to run this version due to the screen flicker issue)

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I also noticed that tokens vanish and reappears as I zoom in and zoom out.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Thanks for the screenies snikle, that helps. I'll be tracking this stuff down tonight. Let me know if you guys find further repro steps

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote: java version "1.5.0_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode)
I'm on this version

Return to “Announcements”