MapTool 1.3 Development Build 63

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azinctus
Giant

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 63

Post by Azinctus »

Azhrei wrote:I'm going to do a build right now.
And I'm looking forward to testing it.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I've almost got it done... :roll:

I have a few things left, like signing the JAR files and building the config files needed on the web server to support webstart. I've got some questions pending with Trevor, but I'm going to bed. Worst case I'll only put up a ZIP file (and maybe a DMG for OSX users) and leave the webstart for later.

It didn't help that some errors have been piling up in the PHP logs so I had a trouble ticket out to fix those...

Since I've not done a build before, I'm trying to be careful so I don't screw something up too badly. 8)

Gringoire
Cave Troll

Post by Gringoire »

If you can't i'm ready to make dmg file. ;)
La nuova Era - Sito italiano dedicato a MapTool e D&D 4th edition.
Gringoire's FrameWork Il primo e unico FrameWork completamente italiano, sviluppato da un italiano.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I have the DMG and the ZIP file ready (I think :)) but the webstart is complaining about there being an "unsigned resource inside the maptool-1.3.b64.jar" file. Signing it doesn't help. :? :roll: :(

So I need to figure out what the issue is.

What I might do is go back and checkout the entire rptools project as a single SVN project. That will, unfortunately, download a bunch of crap that I don't care about (like old library and application JARs) but then perhaps the build process would be a bit more coherent?

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how my current approach (separate projects for MapTool, parser, rplib, et al) could possibly be the right one given how much manual work I seem to be doing to create a build. "There's gotta be a better way."

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

If you entered a new type of file into the build recently, it needs to be added to the proper ant file or it wont' get signed and added to the jar. I've had a little problem with that before...

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Thanks, jay. I'll take a look.

In my case, I signed the JAR manually after the entire thing was built. I extracted the MapTool JAR from the zip file, ran jarsigner -keystore ... maptool-1.3.b64.jar rptools and answered the password prompts myself. Unless I've misunderstood how that works, I should've just resigned every class file in the JAR, right? (Sigh. Nothing's ever easy...)

Return to “Announcements”