InitTool 0.1 Development Release Build 12

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

jay
RPTools Team

InitTool 0.1 Development Release Build 12

Post by jay »

Build 12 of init tool has just been released. There are lots of changes to this one. All the files are now saved in XML, so there isn't any backwards compatability. This will hopefully be the last time for this, from now on I can provide XML to convert the old version of files into new ones. New game settings file for configuring init tool, I'd like everybody's help in defining a settings file for your favorite game. I have a new version of the D&D monsters file that contains image references (not actual images) to the monster manual images. They show up as the default icon for all combatants created using the lookup file and are used as the token when dragged to map tool. Drag and Drop to all of the tools is supported. New table support for sorting by clicking on the header, choose the columns to display, sizing by double clicking on the lines between the headers, and filtering for the lookup table. All of this is stored in the preferences so you only have to configure the tables one time. New menus for both init tool and the group tool which are more standardized. I want to get a 1.0 release of init tool out as soon as it is ready, so smack it around a little bit so I can get all the bugs out of it :)

Details:
  • Save/load encounters from XML instead of serialized objects.
  • Split game specific settings from other settings and save/load them from their own XML file.
  • New init tool menu structure
  • Fixed bug where a removed creature init item was not being removed from timers that referenced it
  • Added cut/copy/paste support to the encounter views.
  • Save/load groups from XML instead of serialized objects.
  • Added a game-name field to the xml to help identify data mismatches between the game settings and an encounter or group
  • Changed file types to start with rpt
  • Added the game settings dialog
  • Added extra support to property descriptors and then added support for it to the custom properties
  • Added export to FTP/File/Clipboard
  • Added first cut icon support to xml files and icon caching. Data files can access images through their urls.
  • Integrated JIDE tables into table view, add combatant dialog, and the lookup dialog.
  • New group tool menus
  • Group tool cut/copy/paste support
  • Updated drag and drop support, move/copy between init tool/group tool/map tool even between instances.
  • Init tool supports drag and drop re-ordering (Java 6 only)
  • Selecting an item shows it in the index card view

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Way cool! Can't wait to start playing with it.

dLANbandit
Dragon

Post by dLANbandit »

When it becomes someone's turn do they get a message in MT Chat? Or do they get an indicator of any kind w/o me manualy notifying them?

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

MT doesn't have a concept of Turn yet. But these will be hooked up when it does.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dLANbandit
Dragon

Post by dLANbandit »

yea but init tool does. Is there no way to have init tool just post a message in MT. So when init tool says it is bandit's turn a message would say. GM's InitTool says, It is bandit's turn.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

dLANbandit wrote:yea but init tool does. Is there no way to have init tool just post a message in MT. So when init tool says it is bandit's turn a message would say. GM's InitTool says, It is bandit's turn.
There isn't a way to do this yet. I'll take a look and see if I can do anything about that.

Dalna
Dragon

Post by Dalna »

I really second this. Since once we can get turns anounced in MapTools from InitTools the less we need to do by hand the better. Might even be great to post both who's turn it is and the next person who's turn it is. This is just sending text from InitTools to the chat window which should be not to hard to do.

But how about this in the mean time...have A basic phrase that can be copied to the clipboard for this information. Like a button so All I have to do is press this button, goto the chat window and press the keys for paste and return and I put that info out in the chat as DM.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Dalna wrote:But how about this in the mean time...have A basic phrase that can be copied to the clipboard for this information. Like a button so All I have to do is press this button, goto the chat window and press the keys for paste and return and I put that info out in the chat as DM.
I'll do this if my integration with maptool doesn't work out before my next build.

Return to “Announcements”