MapTool ALPHA Build 102 Release Notes

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool ALPHA Build 102 Release Notes

Post by trevor »

Now for some good fun:

Build 102 (3/30/06)
* Clean up key movement calculations
* Using the arrow keys is an implicit token pickup
* Hit numeric pad 5 or 'd' to complete the move
* Disable mouse token movement when using key movement
* Connect to server in the background
* Fix dragging from token stack panel

I need everybody to try out dragging from the token stack panel and try moving the token with the keypad (no arrow keys yet)

Note that this closes two of the big final trackers .... WOOOOOO!

NOTES:

- Dragging from the token stack panel in OSX doesn't work, I'm looking at it
- Keyboard movement should only move tokens that are on the screen but doesn't restrict this yet
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

the '5' key on my laptop didn't drop the token. Don't know why, the rest of the keys work with the 'fn' key pressed.

Stack stuff = cool. No problems after I figured out double click did the trick.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

The "5" key doesn't seem to drop
Dragging works great except... ususally after I take a token out of a stack, then move via the "Num Key" commands, they don't always work and when they don't the draw tool thickness menu changes :?

When you double click on the stack, perhaps then you could be able just to select the token as well as be able to drag it. This way you could use the key pad movement from the stack instead of draging it out first then switching to keypad moves
Game On!

trevor

Post by trevor »

Emryys wrote:The "5" key doesn't seem to drop
Dragging works great except... ususally after I take a token out of a stack, then move via the "Num Key" commands, they don't always work and when they don't the draw tool thickness menu changes :?
Sounds like a focus problem. Easy to fix, good catch.
Emryys wrote:When you double click on the stack, perhaps then you could be able just to select the token as well as be able to drag it. This way you could use the key pad movement from the stack instead of draging it out first then switching to keypad moves
Yeah, I had thought about that, but decided to do the build so that we could get a feel for it. It'll take a bit more work to flesh out that panel, we'll probably just release it the way it is, then fix it shortly after 1.0.

trevor

Post by trevor »

So either this release is super duper great, no one is trying it, or you guys are just being quiet :)

My turn to get the twitches :)

So, is the keyboard movement working better now ? How about the token selection cycling ?

Any thoughts on the way Connecting to Server works ?

We're almost there to 1.0 ! WOOO

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

okok. Here's a few things.

q and Q to cycle through tokens is cool but if you have a token moving via keypad and q to the next, the moving token keeps moving. You have to '5' to place it before you can move the newly selected token. That my be by design but it would seem more logical to drop the current token on q.

To recreate:
Select token and begin moving with numpad.
Press q
The token selection will shift to the next token but the keypad still moves the original one.

When I q to select tokens in a stack, it shows the name but not the token. This may be by design as well but I think I would prefer to have the token that is selected appear on the top of the stack.

Double clicking on the stack brings up tokens in the stack. When I select one and drag it off, it doesn't appear until after I let go of the mouse key. At this point it follows the mouse and I have to click again to lay place it. This may be working as designed as well.

Personally, I sort of like the idea of just selecting the token from the pop up and having it appear on top of the stack to be moved or whatever. I seem to remember some folks wanted the tokens to remain as they were stacked but I don't remember the reason.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Return to “Announcements”