MapTool 1.3 Release Build 64

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Jector
Great Wyrm

Re: MapTool 1.3 Release Build 64

Post by Jector »

On the new version, I'd say we're definitely due for a MapTools 2.0 or MapTools Bravo or whatever. Lot's of changes in the works.
I cast firecube! ~4E

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

I've noticed I can't open any campaign in b63 that I used b64 to import a map. The only reason I even tried was that some thing are not working so good anymore.
I use DN's framwork and there are dups in the campaign properties that won;t allow me to make changes then update. The Monster RegExParser works so-so now doing some monsters ok and skipping stuff on others.
I've noticed something else and I'm not sure if it is the size of my campaign(50MB) or not but there is a 15-20 second delay when I do a mouse over on a token before the stat block comes up.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

mfrizzell wrote:I've noticed I can't open any campaign in b63 that I used b64 to import a map. The only reason I even tried was that some thing are not working so good anymore.
I use DN's framwork and there are dups in the campaign properties that won;t allow me to make changes then update. The Monster RegExParser works so-so now doing some monsters ok and skipping stuff on others.
I've noticed something else and I'm not sure if it is the size of my campaign(50MB) or not but there is a 15-20 second delay when I do a mouse over on a token before the stat block comes up.

Older versions of MapTool rarely are able to open campaigns saved in newer versions (there was an aberration in the b57-b59 range where they could); so if you've saved a campaign file in b64 you'll have to export the props and all the tokens individually and then import them to a new, b63 campaign file.

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

Rumble wrote:
mfrizzell wrote:I've noticed I can't open any campaign in b63 that I used b64 to import a map. The only reason I even tried was that some thing are not working so good anymore.

Older versions of MapTool rarely are able to open campaigns saved in newer versions (there was an aberration in the b57-b59 range where they could); so if you've saved a campaign file in b64 you'll have to export the props and all the tokens individually and then import them to a new, b63 campaign file.
This just demonstates the importance of always keeping a backup of your campaign file for those times you just screw it up so bad it becomes unusable. :wink:
Characters:
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

Lindharin
Dragon

Post by Lindharin »

If you have a map that is hard to recreate, you can also take a look in your c:\document and settings\username\.maptool\backup directory for an automatic backup of the file before you opened it in b64. If your tokens in the "current" version are later versions, you can save them and then bring them back in to the backup of the b63 campaign, so you have the latest tokens in the b63 campaign file.

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

Thanks I'll give it a look see when I get home from work.
Characters:

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Rumble wrote:Interestingly, when I try to do Wiki: getPropertyType() and provide an argument (like a token ID), I get an error stating that getPropertyType() requires 0 parameters. This is a change from b63, which permitted getPropertyType() to take an argument of a token id (as stated in the wiki).
Hmm, must've screwed one up somehow. I'll take a look and compare it to the wiki docs.

There was almost no parameter count checking in the existing property functions so I added a *huge* amount of code to try to make debugging problems easier (figuring that precise error messages would be useful). But it really needs to be done differently and I haven't committed to myself that I'm going to do it! It would be a fair amount of work for very little payoff, IMO.
mfrizzell wrote:I use DN's framwork and there are dups in the campaign properties that won;t allow me to make changes then update.
Amazing that it ever worked in the first place then. ;)

I'd suggest you fix the dups. Leaving them in there could cause all kinds of macro weirdness. (Property names are stored in a hash and it's not necessarily stable, meaning that new entries can cause existing entries to be retrieved in a different order. That means a duplicate name could, at least theoretically, alternate between two different properties with the same name if you leave the duplicates in there! Hence, a big bug. Amazing that it hadn't become more critical, but my guess is that people just moved their code around until it worked and yet didn't know why it worked. ;))
The Monster RegExParser works so-so now doing some monsters ok and skipping stuff on others.
No idea what could be causing that as I'm not familiar with the FW or that particular macro. Without more detail there's nothing I can do.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

neofax wrote:@Azhrei: I never had the Macro tab before, but with the new B64, it is there.
Fixed in b65. The old form file had been copied elsewhere and was being included in the JAR when it shouldn't have been.

Incidentally, I wanted to switch from .jfrm to .xml for the Abeille forms but there appears to be a bug in component searching. The .jfrm version works fine, but the code can't find the "okButton" when the same form is saved as XML. :( I'll need to dig into the source for the Abeille package to isolate the problem. Since the form is all that changes, I'm betting it's a bug in the way the data is loaded at runtime. (Loading the XML back into the form designer still shows the OK button and it still has the name "okButton", so the XML appears to be correct.)
Tooltips on the sound tab are wrong (first one talks about saving and second one is blank).
Ditto.
Also, any URL that contains a "=" sign gets cutoff right before the equal sign.
Fixed in b65.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Let me know when the getPropertyType(id) is fixed and submitted so I can test the remainder of my framework.

Thanks!
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

RPTroll wrote:Let me know when the getPropertyType(id) is fixed and submitted so I can test the remainder of my framework.
Fixed in b65.

b65 committed to SVN as revision 5259.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Thanks for the hard work and the update!!!

One note about "Release" terminology. I would state that if this is a "Release" then all data files must be compatible with any other "Patch" version that comes along afterwords.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

In general I agree.

In the past, the Release version was always the last in a series and the expectation was that the next build would break compatibility. Even if it didn't, there were no guarantees. Or perhaps it would be more appropriate to say there was a negative guarantee. ;)

I expect that future fixes in 1.3 will not change file formats, either for campaigns or tokens. However, I do want the map import/export functionality to work and I may determine that it will require a change to the .rpmap format. If so, I'll try to be backward compatible but overall I'm not too concerned about it if there's a severe problem that needs to be fixed in a non-bwc (backward compatible) way.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Ran into a fatal failure tonight. I have been editing and saving a campaign file on my Win7-64 machine and it handles the file just fine. But if I try to load it on my XP-32 machine, it fails to load with the following information (XP box has Java r20, Win7 box has Java r14, both are latest for their respective O/S's):
Spoiler

Code: Select all

Exception in thread "Thread-16" com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException:  :
only whitespace content allowed before start tag and not \u2030 (position: START_DOCUMENT seen \u2030... @1:1)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.XppReader.pullNextEvent(XppReader.java:67)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.readRealEvent(AbstractPullReader.java:126)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.readEvent(AbstractPullReader.java:119)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.move(AbstractPullReader.java:98)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.moveDown(AbstractPullReader.java:83)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.XppReader.<init>(XppReader.java:37)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.XppDriver.createReader(XppDriver.java:30)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:781)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:773)
        at net.rptools.lib.io.PackedFile.getFileObject(PackedFile.java:385)
        at net.rptools.maptool.util.PersistenceUtil.loadAssets(PersistenceUtil.java:423)
        at net.rptools.maptool.util.PersistenceUtil.loadCampaign(PersistenceUtil.java:307)
        at net.rptools.maptool.client.AppActions$70.run(AppActions.java:1922)
Caused by: org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParserException: only whitespace content allowed before start tag and not \u2030 (position: START_DOCUMENT seen \u2030... @1:1)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parseProlog(MXParser.java:1519)
        at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:1395)
        at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1093)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.XppReader.pullNextEvent(XppReader.java:52)
        ... 12 more
I have done a Save as... and the new campaign file is still fine under Win7-64 and still fails under WinXP-32...

Seeker
Kobold

Post by Seeker »

Not sure what is going on..

Load 1.3.b64. Create monster tokens.. Save them as rptok files.. Get home.. Try to import them.. They won't drop in.. The 1.3.b63 tokens work fine and will drop fine.. But, anything created in b64, just won't drop into from an rptok file.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Seeker wrote:Not sure what is going on..

Load 1.3.b64. Create monster tokens.. Save them as rptok files.. Get home.. Try to import them.. They won't drop in.. The 1.3.b63 tokens work fine and will drop fine.. But, anything created in b64, just won't drop into from an rptok file.

I've discovered that a token saved in b64 throws an error when dragged into b63, so b64 makes a change to the token format as well (it seems). The error is:
Spoiler
java.lang.InstantiationError: java.util.Map$Entry
at sun.reflect.GeneratedSerializationConstructorAccessor71.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.Sun14ReflectionProvider.newInstance(Sun14ReflectionProvider.java:62)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.instantiateNewInstance(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:257)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:124)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:56)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:45)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:46)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.readItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:66)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.populateMap(MapConverter.java:63)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.unmarshal(MapConverter.java:54)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:56)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:45)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:46)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.annotations.AnnotationReflectionConverter.unmarshallField(AnnotationReflectionConverter.java:66)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUnmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:188)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:125)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start(TreeUnmarshaller.java:117)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.ReferenceByXPathMarshallingStrategy.unmarshal(ReferenceByXPathMarshallingStrategy.java:29)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:846)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:833)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:789)
at net.rptools.lib.io.PackedFile.getContent(PackedFile.java:138)
at net.rptools.lib.io.PackedFile.getContent(PackedFile.java:123)
at net.rptools.maptool.util.PersistenceUtil.loadToken(PersistenceUtil.java:400)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.assetpanel.ImageFileImagePanelModel.getTransferable(ImageFileImagePanelModel.java:98)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.assetpanel.AssetPanel$3.getTransferable(AssetPanel.java:261)
at net.rptools.lib.swing.ImagePanel.dragGestureRecognized(ImagePanel.java:395)

(there's more, but that's the last point that a line number is shown).

Return to “Announcements”