MapTool 1.3 Release Build 64

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

MapTool 1.3 Release Build 64

Post by Azhrei »

It is ALIIIIIIVE!

This is the "Better Late Than Never" build of MapTool 1.3.

It's also the 1.3 Release build. :)

Here are the updates in this build:

*Add confirmation dialog to right-click macro menu Reset option

*Add check to Campaign Properties to disallow property names that differ only in their case

*Add getPropertyNamesRaw new macro script function which returns mixed case variable names

*Cleaned up all parameter checking in all of the macro token property functions (new translations needed).

*Assets in RPToks are no longer being written out as MIME64 encoded text; instead they are binary images. Need lots of testing on this one for backward-compatibility

*Don't merge old assets from PackedFile into new PackedFile. This should fix RPTOKs growing larger each time they're saved.

*Remove the Macro tab and all references to macros on the token editor dialog

*Disable the rest of the UI while the Test Connection is doing its thing

*Change ImagePanel vertical scrollbar so that the BlockIncrement moves by an entire page height/width, minus one row; UnitIncrement is exactly one row

*Fix URL regex's so that links pasted into the chat window grab the entire URL

*Modify wording of Preferences->Application regarding auto-exposing fog

*Added tooltips to every label on all four tabs of the Preferences dialog

Thank you to the following folks for their patches as well:

cheesethulu: fixed the problem with the fog of war paint getting reset back to black when a server is started
cheesethulu: fixed the problem with players momentarily getting a GM view when they disconnect

jfrazier: support for GM-only auras (woohoo!)

simonutp: French translation
patoace: Spanish translation
Gringoire: Italian translation

(If anyone is interested in updating the Chinese or German translations, please coordinate with me. No point in duplicating work. I have found some problems with the way the code handles the translations but it should be fine for ISO-8859-1 languages, which is all of the above except Chinese.)

As you're all aware, everyone here contributes to these tools so I'm grateful that you put up with our (lately slow-going) release cycle. I truly hope to be able to put out bug fix releases for 1.3 once a month or so, at least, and finish a few features that I personally want to see in MapTool! But that's a topic for another thread...

I want to point out that the map load/save support is included in this build, but isn't enabled. As discussed in this thread, it is still required that you perform steps 3 and 4 (edit a BAT file and execute it). I wanted to get this build out there a.s.a.p. so I didn't make any changes in that regard. The next build will have a Preferences checkbox that enables those menu functions with the obligatory "Are You Sure?" prompts when you turn it on. ;)
Last edited by Azhrei on Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed typo in RPTOK fix announcement

Raoden
Dragon

Re: MapTool 1.3 Release Build 64

Post by Raoden »

So wait, this is the 1.3 release build, but there will still be a 1.3.65 as well? (I don't really know how this stuff works yet.)
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."
- G. K. Chesterton

Wonderful HTML/CSS reference * Color Manager * Token Manager 2.0

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yes.

That's not the way it's been done in the past. But 1.3b64 is the "release" build. Presumably the 1.4 series will get under way, but as people find or fix bugs in b64, I'll continue to put out updates.

For the purposes of the "1.3 release pool" thread, I'd treat b64 as being Release. I expect that the Launch page will continue to show b64 as the release tool for a few months (maybe until the first 1.4 build comes out?), even if bug fixes should bring us up to b68 or b69 by that time.

We don't really have a solid idea yet (that I know of :roll:) as to when the first 1.4 builds will be coming out, so the idea is to treat 1.3 as mature and limit future builds to bug fixes as much as possible.

I've been thinking we really should have a different numbering scheme. Perhaps something like 1.3.r.p where the "r" is the release and the "p" is the patchlevel. After a few patchlevels are out and things look stable, that build would become the next "r" version. Let's say the current build were 1.3.4.0, indicating 1.3.4 without any patches applied. Over the next few months some bugs are fixed and the version climbs to 1.3.4.6. People have been pounding on that one for awhile and it seems solid, so it becomes 1.3.5.0. And the cycle starts over again.

We've already talked about how 1.4 needs a different numbering scheme, but nothing really solid has been discussed yet. We'll probably need to start talking about it soon, though. 8)

Daeger
Cave Troll

Post by Daeger »

Wait, if this is the final build, where's the auto-logging?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I think the following builds will be known as patches?

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Congratulations Azhrei, that's a great list of patches. Well done on all the hard work co-ordinating this. I shall be downloading it and beating on it in short order.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Daeger wrote:Wait, if this is the final build, where's the auto-logging?
Don't think "Final" so much as "Release" build.

This is an open source project -- there's no such thing as a "final build". ;)

But we now have a stable tool that is quite feature heavy. Here's hoping it will last a while. :)
torstan wrote:Congratulations Azhrei, that's a great list of patches. Well done on all the hard work co-ordinating this. I shall be downloading it and beating on it in short order.
Thanks, torstan. I really should've been doing billable work (!) but this was much more fun. ;)

silversonic
Cave Troll

Post by silversonic »

Congratulations Azhrei et al!!

Quick question: how do we implement the GM only aura feature? I'm very interested in trying this out.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Wow, if Rumble hadn't said anything I might not have even noticed this!

Good job!
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Gringoire
Cave Troll

Post by Gringoire »

Here i am, and as usually, i bring to you

DMG file!
La nuova Era - Sito italiano dedicato a MapTool e D&D 4th edition.
Gringoire's FrameWork Il primo e unico FrameWork completamente italiano, sviluppato da un italiano.

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

How do you use the GM only auras?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

paulstrait wrote:How do you use the GM only auras?
I got this link from the Advanced Search...

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Azhrei wrote:
paulstrait wrote:How do you use the GM only auras?
I got this link from the Advanced Search...
I've added it to the FAQ.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Speaking of the FAQ and other related things, like the wiki, how should this release be called? You call it "MapTool 1.3 Release Build 64", which is fine (if a little unwieldy). Is "MapTool 1.3 Release" also acceptable? Or just "MapTool 1.3"?

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Trev used to call them Release Candidates (RC1, RC2, etc.) So, it would be Maptool 1.3 RC1. Sounds like that's gone though. We might still keep RC in there to note it is Releaseable.

This may be a poor place to put this but since someone asked about autologing, would it be possible to get the images exported as part of the logging was well before final?
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Return to “Announcements”