MapTool 1.3 Release Build 64

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Rumble
Deity

Re: MapTool 1.3 Release Build 64

Post by Rumble »

RPTroll wrote:Trev used to call them Release Candidates (RC1, RC2, etc.) So, it would be Maptool 1.3 RC1. Sounds like that's gone though. We might still keep RC in there to note it is Releaseable.

This may be a poor place to put this but since someone asked about autologing, would it be possible to get the images exported as part of the logging was well before final?

See, I got the impression that this is effectively "Final" (and not a release candidate - this is The Release), and anything beyond this would be bugfix-type patches, but not feature additions.

If I'd had the choice, I would have called this MapTool 1.3 (without the "Release Build 64" stuff), and anything further would begin with 1.4 or 2.0 or whatever, and any new versioning that was decided on.

silversonic
Cave Troll

Post by silversonic »

Azhrei wrote:
paulstrait wrote:How do you use the GM only auras?
I got this link from the Advanced Search...
Thanks again Azhrei!
I don't want the world, I just want your half.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

@Azhrei: I never had the Macro tab before, but with the new B64, it is there. Also, any URL that contains a "=" sign gets cutoff right before the equal sign. Tooltips on the sound tab are wrong (first one talks about saving and second one is blank).

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

neofax wrote:@Azhrei: I never had the Macro tab before, but with the new B64, it is there. Also, any URL that contains a "=" sign gets cutoff right before the equal sign. Tooltips on the sound tab are wrong (first one talks about saving and second one is blank).
Confirmed: the macro tab is both present and active (that is, it's no longer grayed out). It doesn't do anything, but it's there.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

neofax wrote:@Azhrei: I never had the Macro tab before, but with the new B64, it is there.
Argh. There were two versions of the Abeille form for that dialog and I was sure I'd deleted the old one. It must've come back somehow during the commit. :( Okay, I'll get that fixed.
Also, any URL that contains a "=" sign gets cutoff right before the equal sign.
Darn, you're good! ;) Okay, I'll check on the equals sign. I added the ampersand, semi-colon, and pound sign. I must've missed that one.
Tooltips on the sound tab are wrong (first one talks about saving and second one is blank).
Hmm. Not sure about that one, but I'll add it to my todo list as well.

I'll see about adding some notes for jfrazier's GM-only auras to the campaign properties dialog too.

Thanks for the testing! Keep going!

Btw, here's an example of the new numbering. There will be a b65, but b64 stays the "Release" version until b65 has been well-tested. That way if other bugs turn up they can be fixed in b66 without the "Release" build being bumped.

@RPTroll: Yes, Trevor had called them RCs, but then they became the release without another build. For example, RC1, then RC2, but if RC2 looked solid it simply became Release. Which means it wasn't just a candidate, it actually won the election. ;)

What do people think of the 1.3.r.p numbering scheme? I like it better than a single "b##" since it clearly distinguishes between a base level of code and the patches applied to that level.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

(Homer style) Woohoo, new version !

I'll test it tomorrow night during my weekly 4E DMing game (with DeviantNull's translated framework and my maps, it's quite a heavy test).

As for the versionning notation, what about a simple 1.3.x ? (1.3.0 the next release ?)
ImageImageImageImage

Maccwar
Cave Troll

Post by Maccwar »

Azhrei wrote:What do people think of the 1.3.r.p numbering scheme? I like it better than a single "b##" since it clearly distinguishes between a base level of code and the patches applied to that level.
Something which makes it clear that 1.3 is now officially out there and ready would be good. I suspect that there are people out there who have held off because 1.3 was still in development.

This does not meant that we (you lot) shouldn't continue to develop 1.3 but with each release we're now in the stable build phase rather than just adding untested bits for the sake of it (not that that would actually happen anyway).

Time to start banging gongs, telling people how good the frameworks are for various systems and getting the documentation into shape. (And a bit of a celebration)

Thanks to everyone who has contributed their hard work into this project - you make my life as a DM a lot easier than it would be.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I'm getting an error when I try to bring up my character sheet in my Savage Worlds framework.

Code: Select all

Invalid condition in IF(getPropertyType(tokenId)=="Basic") roll option.       
Statement options (if any): if(getPropertyType(tokenId)=="Basic"), code       
Statement Body : { [h:rtnStr=rtnStr+"Weight Carried = "+if(getProperty("WeightCarried")!="", getProperty("WeightCarried"), "Unknown") + " "] };{}
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

RPTroll wrote:I'm getting an error when I try to bring up my character sheet in my Savage Worlds framework.

Code: Select all

Invalid condition in IF(getPropertyType(tokenId)=="Basic") roll option.       
Statement options (if any): if(getPropertyType(tokenId)=="Basic"), code       
Statement Body : { [h:rtnStr=rtnStr+"Weight Carried = "+if(getProperty("WeightCarried")!="", getProperty("WeightCarried"), "Unknown") + " "] };{}

Interestingly, when I try to do getPropertyType() and provide an argument (like a token ID), I get an error stating that getPropertyType() requires 0 parameters. This is a change from b63, which permitted getPropertyType() to take an argument of a token id (as stated in the wiki).

This could be a relatively serious issue for several frameworks that rely on checking property types.

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

I know this might not be the correct place to post this, but I've encountered a weird bug with 1.3.b64... I had a bunch of embedded notes in my map, with room descriptions and the like, placed in the GM notes of markers that are not player visible. When I click on these markers on the token layer, it still displays the notes, but when I try to edit them in the object layer, it won't let me type in the "GM notes" box and it looks like it is blank. I don't know how this happened but its true of every cmpgn file I loaded in b64. Any idea what is going on or how to fix this?

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

Also, I can't type in the GM notes box of any object, even new ones. This isn't good b/c I use GM notes all the time.

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

paulstrait wrote:Also, I can't type in the GM notes box of any object, even new ones. This isn't good b/c I use GM notes all the time.
I had that happen once even in B63, I ended up closing maptool and reopening it. It worked fine after that.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

mfrizzell wrote:
paulstrait wrote:Also, I can't type in the GM notes box of any object, even new ones. This isn't good b/c I use GM notes all the time.
I had that happen once even in B63, I ended up closing maptool and reopening it. It worked fine after that.
Hmm. weird. that fixed it. I wonder what caused it.

Gringoire
Cave Troll

Post by Gringoire »

I'd like to see a post of trevor here. He was dreaming about a 1.3 RC.
Anyway, Thank you RPTools Staff! Without you my face to face game would be SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! :D
La nuova Era - Sito italiano dedicato a MapTool e D&D 4th edition.
Gringoire's FrameWork Il primo e unico FrameWork completamente italiano, sviluppato da un italiano.

Return to “Announcements”