MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 66

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Gringoire
Cave Troll

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 66

Post by Gringoire »

this would be great.
La nuova Era - Sito italiano dedicato a MapTool e D&D 4th edition.
Gringoire's FrameWork Il primo e unico FrameWork completamente italiano, sviluppato da un italiano.

Chrest
Cave Troll

Post by Chrest »

Azhrei wrote:
Pyroman wrote:Perhaps there could be an option to disable autosaving?
There is: set the timeout to "999999". ;)
Setting it to 0 also works, and avoids the possibility that the autosave will kick in if you leave MapTool running for 2 years at a stretch. ;)

claud9999
Kobold

Java 5 vs. Java 6?

Post by claud9999 »

I believe I may have encountered a JVM incompatibility problem.

Here's the scoop: I have a fairly large campaign file (31MB, yeah not that large, it's Rescue at Rivenroar for those who care) that I built up mostly in b66 (I think I may have done a bit of work in b64 first.) It's been entirely built on my MacBook, which is running OSX 10.6 with the Java SE 6 64-bit being the first Java of choice on my laptop. (As reported by the "Java Preferences" utility.)

Last night, I copied the campaign file (over AFP) to my "server", a MacBook running 10.5 (Java SE 5.0 32-bit) and loading the campaign file returns "Cannot determine campaign file format; not loaded".

I have been using this work practice for well over a year now (developing maps on my laptop, moving them to my server for running my sessions) and this is the first time I've seen this problem. I've been using these JVM's for a long time now too, under b64 with no problems.

I changed the preferences to use JSE 6 32-bit on my laptop and I am able to open the .cmpgn file no problem; at first I thought it might be a 64-bit problem but perhaps it's something else? (Or perhaps JSE 6 handles 32/64-bit better?)

On both systems I use the .dmg distro of MapTool. (Assuming there wasn't an update to the .dmg while I wasn't looking, should be identical.)

Tests and screen shots available upon request. Campaign file available, I suppose (>30MB)...

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I know of no reason why it would fail on an older version of Java unless there was a bug or other incompatibility between the two versions.

Can you make a backup of your campaign, then start deleting maps until you can narrow it down to a single map that demonstrates the problem? I'm suggesting that because you won't be able to attach a 30MB file here on the forum and I'm not sure I want to try debugging such a large campaign anyway!

However, if you can narrow it down I'd be happy to take a look at it before the next build; although I'm not promising a fix by the next build. :)

spullara
Kobold

Post by spullara »

We've got a bug where we can load and save a campaign in b63 but it will only load in b66 and fails with an NPE when it tries to autosave or save on b66. Anyone else?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

spullara wrote:We've got a bug where we can load and save a campaign in b63 but it will only load in b66
That's expected. From the original post:
Azhrei wrote:I've been able to load campaigns and tokens saved from b63 and b64 without any problem, although files saved with this latest won't load in the older ones.
and fails with an NPE when it tries to autosave or save on b66. Anyone else?
Please delete the log.txt in your .maptool directory, then recreate the problem. After it happens, shut down MT and attach your log file to another post. Thanks.

Return to “Announcements”