MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 65

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 65

Post by Azhrei »

It's here. The "I can't believe I took on this job" build.

;)

I've been learning a lot about the build/deploy process. Some things make sense, some don't. So please bear with me while I learn the ropes. :)

Changes in this build:
  1. Tooltips fixed on the Sound tab of the Preferences dialog (had text copied from other fields)
  2. Add equals sign to URL parsing (following URL now parses correctly: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14274&view=unread#unread)
  3. Macro tab removed from the Token Editor dialog (an old Abeille form snuck back in)
  4. getPropertyType() again accepts a single default parameter (typo in parameter counting)
  5. Short names for properties are no longer "variables" in MTscript, but still evaluate on the statsheet
  6. Fixed map importing (internal data wasn't being updated)
  7. Another stab at fixing assets being saved in binary but allowing loading in binary and XML
There are still (apparently) issues with map importing as described in this post.

I'm really hoping that this one solves the I-can't-load-my-campaign problem people were having with b64.

Daeger
Cave Troll

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 65

Post by Daeger »

Hooray!

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Thanks Azrei !

Two things however :
1) I made a copy of one of my latest campaigns made with b63 on Win7 32bits, then opened the copy in b65 : it works (hurray ! I could'nt open it on the server W2008 64 bits with b64). Then I made a minor change and saved : the size of the campaign file doubled from 14MB to 28MB !?!

2) I made a copy of another campaign made in b64 (Win7 32bits) and tried to open it with b65 on W2008 64 bits and had this error message :

ImageImageImageImage

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Another one : importing macroset (that has been previously exported with b63) with accents in macros' name or coding messes the strings :
ImageImageImageImage

hortator37
Kobold

Post by hortator37 »

Natha wrote:Another one : importing macroset (that has been previously exported with b63) with accents in macros' name or coding messes the strings :
Just to add my two bits to this, my gm just installed Linux on his machine and was testing MapTool (build 64) on it last night. The minus sign got messed up on our macros when we connected to the campaign while he was using Linux, but they were fine last week when we were gaming and he was hosting from Win7.

Stoked about the new build. Any idea when can we expect the .dmg for the mac users in my group?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I am also experiencing the doubling of the campaign file size (60MB to 120MB) with an exceptionally long save time.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Sorry, Az: :cry: I'm running in to the error Natha posted (the "Error while reading campaign file" message). Steps I took to get the error and its aftermath:

1. Start b65
2. Open a campaign file saved in b64 on a different computer. I did this intentionally: the campaign I was trying to open to test the new build has never been opened on this particular computer, ever - so there was never an opportunity for anything to be put in the assetcache or anything like that. Other campaigns saved in 1.3.b64 that have been opened on this computer before will open without issue in b65.
3. Error shown below appears. Hit OK, and

4. New error appears: "Cannot determine campaign file format; not loaded" (shown below)

5. Campaign loading halts and I am taken to a black screen (the map is named "Grasslands", but it's not the grasslands image - just black)

Additionally, I'm seeing the same size-doubling on a campaign save (the campaign was originally saved in b63, and was about 10MB; when saved in b65, it became 20MB).

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Argh. :(

Okay, the error message from XStream is because a binary file is being interpreted by the XML module and that's... Not appropriate. :) But I don't see why it would attempt to do that. @Natha & Rumble: can you produce a small example that demonstrates the problem? Hopefully something less than 120MB?!

Concerning the doubling of the campaign file size... Please open the campaign file in a ZIP tool and see what the differences are between the original and the newly saved one. I think I may have an idea on this one: the save process has a weird concept of preserving all of the existing files in the .cmpgn even though MapTool write all data in its entirety. So perhaps the old XML images are being preserved and the new binary images are ALSO being added? If someone can copy/paste about 10 lines of data showing what is in the campaign save file that should be enough to determine if that's the problem. In the new format, the file with the asset name should be very small (about 100 bytes) and there should be a second file containing the image which could be very large.

I have no idea what's going on with the formatting of Natha's macro labels. It might be that the old XML tool didn't properly set the character encoding and the new one does, causing a mismatch. @Natha: can you send me the mtmacroset file? Also, if you edit the macro button and fix the label, then do an export followed by an import, does it come back correctly? If it does, then the problem is likely a change in the library.

Darn. I was hoping this one was going to be golden. :(

Ry St
Cave Troll

Post by Ry St »

Keep at it guys, you're making really, really rapid progress and we users are very grateful.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Azhrei wrote:Argh. :(

Okay, the error message from XStream is because a binary file is being interpreted by the XML module and that's... Not appropriate. :) But I don't see why it would attempt to do that. @Natha & Rumble: can you produce a small example that demonstrates the problem? Hopefully something less than 120MB?!
Yep, I'm off desk at 1PM and can quickly strip down the campaign file I was experimenting with and post it.

Mathemagician
Dragon

Post by Mathemagician »

Az found that I posted a campaign file in another thread, and claims there that he's located the problem. Rumble, you might not need to produce a stripped down version of your file.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Mathemagician wrote:Az found that I posted a campaign file in another thread, and claims there that he's located the problem. Rumble, you might not need to produce a stripped down version of your file.
Sweet.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

There was a campaign file attached to another thread (regarding the inability to open it) and it led me to the problem seen in the last few posts. The fix is entirely within MapTool (none of the other libraries) so it's pretty easy to put a new one up. Expect b66 in a few minutes. I want to load/save tokens from b63 before I go through this again. 8)

Well, I will say that I'm getting a lot of experience with how to build these projects in Eclipse. :shock: :roll:

Edit: Okay, tokens from b63 and b64 load properly. Tokens saved in current will not load in older versions. Campaigns created in b63 will load fine (my Tuesday night game) and b64 apparently loads okay as well (the campaign a forum user attached). Campaigns created in current will not load in older versions. I have not looked into Natha's problem with character encoding; I will when I have a sample file to test against.

Edit: I don't understand why a 64-bit JVM would generate different campaign files when saving, but I'm looking forward to seeing such a campaign from a user attached here. If you want to help out with this, please empty your assetcache/ directory and remove the log.txt file first, then recreate the problem you observed. Be sure to attach the log.txt if it has anything in it. And since the log won't include information about whether the JVM was 32-bit or 64-bit, please indicate which errors came from which JVM, perhaps by editing the file and adding notes or by referencing the timestamp in the log file. Thanks! We'll get this figured out. :)

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

@Azhrei : Sorry I was off MT for 2 days. I'll do your test tonight (central european time) with b65 et b66.
Thanks for your interest and efforts.
ImageImageImageImage

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

I had a bit of freetime after lunch so I tried :
1) Importing the b63 maco export into b66 :still failing on accents
2) create a new macro with accents in b66, export it, close MT, reopen MT, import the macro : another fail

Link : Here's a very simple macro export from b66 with accents in the title and code
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Announcements”