MapTool 1.2 Development Release Build 17

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

That was all very informative information; thanks for spending the time detailing it for us.

It gets hard sometime when developing such a tool. We add a few features every release and kind of know how all the previous features work because we learned them one at a time. We often times don't know what it feels like to sit down at MT for the first time so feedback of this nature puts certain things in perspective.

This was very valuable - thanks! I am sure we will all pay close attention to your statements.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I was playing around with network in trying to resolve the Publish to RPTools.net so I turned on my PC wireless, turned it off, tried the wired connection and wireless. So then I tried to host a session but not being published to RPTools.net and then I got this:

com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianProtocolException: expected boolean at
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianInput.error(HessianInput.java:1226)
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianInput.expect(HessianInput.java:1221)
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianInput.readBoolean(HessianInput.java:396)
at com.caucho.hessian.io.BasicDeserializer.readObject(BasicDeserializer.java:145)
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianInput.readObject(HessianInput.java:699)
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianInput.readReply(HessianInput.java:241)
at com.caucho.hessian.client.HessianProxy.invoke(HessianProxy.java:179)
at $Proxy0.testConnection(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapToolRegistry.testConnection(MapToolRegistry.java:44)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.StartServerDialog$6$1.run(StartServerDialog.java:626)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I wonder if this is related to that issue that Phergus reported where if we activate another network adapter in Windows, Maptool kinda doesn't know what to do?

Dalna
Dragon

Post by Dalna »

Well I am not discourage by the few lines. I think he will fix them soon. A few builds ago they were so prevelant that it make tile making very hard to imagine they would become practical. He has reduce these lines by 90% basically and part of it was my fault since I was not making tiles that were sized correctly for the grid I was using. Now I think that overlap would be the default so that lines will never be. But I am not sure if he wants it that way, plus overlaping of tiles that are partly trasparent will give lines also since overlapping my tiles like shallows will cause lighter lines.

I like the idea of texture drawing, but I feel I have more control in a paint program and Maptools has so much more to do in other functions to immatate something like photoshop. So texture draw to me will help me make maps but I plan to use tiles as my main means to build things.

Trevor...An idea....could you give us the option for a tile to adjust a tile manually 1 pixil in any one direction..IE expand them 1 pixil south or north or west or east? There are not that many problems where a quick fix couldn't be possible manually and this way we can do it where we need this feature. I want the tile to stay where it is, but allow it to display like instead of 240x240 to be 241x241 this should cover up any mistakes by zooming or whatever.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote: com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianProtocolException: expected boolean at
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianInput.error(HessianInput.java:1226)
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianInput.expect(HessianInput.java:1221)
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianInput.readBoolean(HessianInput.java:396)
at com.caucho.hessian.io.BasicDeserializer.readObject(BasicDeserializer.java:145)
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianInput.readObject(HessianInput.java:699)
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianInput.readReply(HessianInput.java:241)
at com.caucho.hessian.client.HessianProxy.invoke(HessianProxy.java:179)
at $Proxy0.testConnection(Unknown Source)
This was related to the host move, the php script broke that this function depended on. it is now fixed.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Announcements”