MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 67

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 67

Post by Azhrei »

And this build's name is, "One small step for a Map, one large leap for Map-kind." ;)

Here's a list of changes in this build:
  • Added code to disable performance counters when the corresponding logger is turned off (might save us a few cpu cycles here and there)
  • Fix for autosave race condition (moved variable to avoid concurrency issues when an autosave occurs during a regular File > Save Campaign)
  • Fixed drawings on Hidden layer being "above" tokens on the same layer (should be below; http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14344)
  • Some bug fixes for importing maps (correct GUID in Zone, for example; http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 89#p150989). Import/export feature still requires special command line parameter to enable. It'll become a Preferences setting in the next build.
  • Problem with importing a token macro with accented characters in it (http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 41#p151609; fix required restructuring PackedFile.putFile() methods)
  • Remove redundant entries from the resource library list upon startup, and prevent redundant entries from being saved
  • getTokenX() should return a BigDecimal value (http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 46#p154261)
  • Assets marked as "broken" in the campaign file were not restored properly; warnings added to the log file -- change to popup box to alert GM instead?
  • Patch for turning on word wrapping in textareas (kkragenbrink)
  • Patch for preventing token names from being empty (Rumble)
  • Token stacks allow access to incorrect token (reported by aliasmask; fixed by Rumble)
  • Selection of unowned tokens is always allowed, even when Strict Token Ownership is enabled on the Start Server dialog (Rumble; http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14547) this patch didn't make it into b67 :(
  • Chat notifiers -- messages that indicate someone else is typing (Rumble; http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 45#p152754)
  • Four different opacity levels on Preferences dialog (halo, aura, light, fog). This effectively allows removal of soft fog by specifying a value of 255 for "fog".
  • Updated the German translation (aPown)
  • Updated Spanish translation (patoace)
There are still a lot of things to fix for b68, but I may not have much time in the next few weeks to work on this so I didn't want to delay.

Please try out the chat notification feature (see Preferences dialog, Tools menu, and the icon in the bottom-right corner of the chat window). More details here. Rumble and I have discussed some things we might want to tweak, but we wanted to get your opinion(s) as well. Please post your ideas in the linked thread.

I'll have a .dmg file for Mac users as soon as I get the build utility installed and working (or someone else sends me the file to upload ;)).

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 67

Post by Azhrei »

Heh, I found a bug of my own. :shock: Turns out that the opacity levels are "preferences" so they are per-client and are not enforced by the server! Oops! Keep that in mind -- the GM cannot force the given transparency levels onto the players. I'll get that fixed in b68.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Hey, Az, it looks like unowned selection didn't make it into the build - I'm trying it now and it's not working (no selection of unowned tokens). I'm wondering if during the merge it got sidelined (like chat notification did). I didn't think to check that because I didn't expect it to be in until b68.

The token stack panel fix didn't make it in either - it looks like my patches got kicked back during the merge, maybe, and only chat notification made it in the end.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Azhrei wrote:Heh, I found a bug of my own. :shock: Turns out that the opacity levels are "preferences" so they are per-client and are not enforced by the server! Oops! Keep that in mind -- the GM cannot force the given transparency levels onto the players. I'll get that fixed in b68.
Hmmm, I'm wondering what the harm is in letting it be a per-client option? Some people might want it darker/lighter than others. No matter what they set it at they still can't see into the soft-fog, right? I say letting people set it to their own preference is a good thing.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Full Bleed wrote:
Azhrei wrote:Heh, I found a bug of my own. :shock: Turns out that the opacity levels are "preferences" so they are per-client and are not enforced by the server! Oops! Keep that in mind -- the GM cannot force the given transparency levels onto the players. I'll get that fixed in b68.
Hmmm, I'm wondering what the harm is in letting it be a per-client option? Some people might want it darker/lighter than others. No matter what they set it at they still can't see into the soft-fog, right? I say letting people set it to their own preference is a good thing.
I agree this could even be listed under an eye sight issue, just like low contrast GUIs can be hard for some to use if the GM sets too low a transparency level for some it might just as well be no transparency.

Though a toggle for no transparency (for mood or effect or whatever) is a different story if there is a valid reason for players not to see where they have been then that should be something different than imposing the GM transparency on others.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Craig wrote:Though a toggle for no transparency (for mood or effect or whatever) is a different story if there is a valid reason for players not to see where they have been then that should be something different than imposing the GM transparency on others.
I could even see how allowing a GM to set that (the soft-fog on/off flag) on a per client basis could be fun. For example, I could put players in a maze map and say, "If you have a 16 INT or higher you'll remember where you've been, if you don't, the nature of the maze will confuse you." Or something along those lines. Heck, I might make it a standing rule in my games that if a character has under a 9 INT that they don't get soft-fog. About time low INT comes with a more tangible penalty. ;)

At any rate, I think the patch (as currently applied) is fine and that a GM enforceable soft-fog toggle (server or per client) would be a separate feature.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Did the Wiki: resetProperty() one line mod make it in to the build? Instead of setting the token property to NULL, it deletes the token property.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Nope. But if I can resolve my mistakes in applying Rumble's select-unowned-token patches, then adding the resetProperty fix will be included in a b68 some time today. But I haven't really examined that code path either, so there is still some time to devote before it can be changed.

Gringoire
Cave Troll

Post by Gringoire »

here is dmg file
La nuova Era - Sito italiano dedicato a MapTool e D&D 4th edition.
Gringoire's FrameWork Il primo e unico FrameWork completamente italiano, sviluppato da un italiano.

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

One of my players and I notice the chat notification tends to nudge the the chat input box up, which partially obscures the most recent line of text in chat. Just wanting to make sure this isn't a problem on our end, is anyone else having this issue? It's not remotely a dealbreaker (I'm more glad it's there now than not!), but a bit annoying.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Venatius wrote:One of my players and I notice the chat notification tends to nudge the the chat input box up, which partially obscures the most recent line of text in chat. Just wanting to make sure this isn't a problem on our end, is anyone else having this issue? It's not remotely a dealbreaker (I'm more glad it's there now than not!), but a bit annoying.
Hm. I didn't anticipate that problem. It could be fixed probably by fixing the height of the notification space (which leaves a blank space but that's probably not too big a deal).

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Or perhaps use the status bar at the bottom of the window? Right now the status bar is used for the one-line help message, but there's plenty of room down there so the available space could be cut into two pieces and part of it used for the notifiers?

Illiani
Giant

Post by Illiani »

Venatius wrote:One of my players and I notice the chat notification tends to nudge the the chat input box up, which partially obscures the most recent line of text in chat.
We noticed the same in our most recent session, but that's the only bug we've discovered - which is pretty good in my books.

Venatius
Dragon

Post by Venatius »

I'd definitely favor putting the chat notification at the bottom in place of the little hint bar. Or, at least, in its place while it flashes in. The tips there are nice, but it's not really necessary to have them there all the time, is it?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Azhrei wrote:Or perhaps use the status bar at the bottom of the window? Right now the status bar is used for the one-line help message, but there's plenty of room down there so the available space could be cut into two pieces and part of it used for the notifiers?
Also a possibility.

Return to “Announcements”