MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 68

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 68

Post by Azhrei »

Rumble wrote:Azhrei, quick note - I checked out the latest source and it all appears to work as I expected, so it looks like the unowned selection and chat notifications are fixed.
Cool, thanks for the note. :)

silversonic
Cave Troll

Post by silversonic »

Hey Azhrei, ubuntu 10.04 user here, I got this error when I tried to do a drag/drop after replacing the jar file like you asked. Hope that helps.

-Devin

p.s. that spot was me greying out the cursor I left sticking in the middle of the screen shot with the gimp

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Azhrei wrote:I don't have authority on the SF site to do that. But Craig has access as well, so if it's something crucial -- and he's got a omputer nearby :) -- he can put out a bug fix release.

I might do a build next weekend but I've been trying to go through the patches Trevor sent me to evaluate them and decide which go in and which don't. The email he sent is a little over 1MB. And those are patch files (which are only the differences between two versions of code).

I want to switch all of the forms to XML and away from jfrm files so that they can be included in patches that people submit. So I might do an SVN update next weekend of just that change.
Well, not to belabor the point, but I guess what I was advocating was that when a build that can actually add *new* fixes can't be done (due to the difficulty and time consumption in applying new patches) that someone be able to just fix recent "fixes" so that every 3 or 4 builds we've got something as "stable" as b63 was. A "no-new-issues" build as it were (unless, of course, the fix for the fixes creates issues... which is, usually, less likely.) I was drafting Rumble with that responsibility because he's been an active go-getter for awhile now, it seems significantly less difficult than applying major chunks of new code, and he obviously knows how to compile and run his own tests. But, hey, if he wants to dodge the draft, that's his prerogative! ;)

(No offense intended, Rumble. It's just an acknowledgment that you've been a major contributor lately and that I don't want Az to get burnt out.)

My guess is that Craig is not going to step up for build duty any time soon... and certainly not as a "no-new-issues" builder.

Anyway, I fear that every time a new build attempts to fix recent fixes *and* add new patches, we're ending up with builds that introduce their own caveats. I can appreciate the nature and aspirations of the "never-ending-bug-fix-build", but the old question of, "What's the next stable step?" always comes up (as it did earlier in this thread.)

It sounds like b66 is what Az is advocating right now.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

silversonic wrote:Hey Azhrei, ubuntu 10.04 user here, I got this error when I tried to do a drag/drop after replacing the jar file like you asked. Hope that helps.
Okay, thanks for the help.

It appears from the screenshot that you didn't get a stack backtrace... Would you please check your .maptool/log.txt file. If it has anything in it, and I expect it does, please empty it out and try your drag/drop again. After the error comes up, please post the contents of that log file -- it will give me some necessary information about the context surrounding the error.

I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised by UnsupportedFlavorException, though. :?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Full Bleed wrote:Well, not to belabor the point,
Nope, no problem. :)
but I guess what I was advocating was [...] A "no-new-issues" build
Yep, that'd be great. It was my intention to introduce new code in small chunks. My first few builds did that and it overlapped with my learning curve on how to build stuff and deploy it using the ANT scripts that giliath created. I think I have that worked out now.

So I'd like to see one or two new things at "high tide" and then let bug fixes against those things go in until we're at "low tide". However, I still see regular bug fixes being added over the entire time period. So we have a few major items in the last few builds (binary assets in campaign files, chat notification, select-unowned tokens). Other stuff is bug fixes and finishing things that were started but not finished (some chat autosave work, etc).
Anyway, I fear that every time a new build attempts to fix recent fixes *and* add new patches,
Have there been many of those? The goal -- from my p.o.v. -- is to put out frequent builds that are stable enough for prime time use about every 5-10 builds. I expect a build to come out and people will pound on it and find the issues, and it will take 3-4 builds to get those issues ironed out.

When the expected impact is small (in terms of the amount of code being added/changed/removed) then I'm willing to accept more of them in one "tide".
It sounds like b66 is what Az is advocating right now.
Yep. And that's why the Launch page looks the way it does.

I would guess that the next really stable build will be b70 or b71. Which is at the low end of my target of 5-10 builds, assuming one build every week or two.

As I've said I've got a bunch of them to review, so after I hit that stable one is when the next set of big patches will be applied. That's likely where gioppo's drawing-adds-VBL patch will go (sorry gioppo; it may take another couple weeks). It seems like RPTroll's drag/drop problem is going to be a bit of a bear and will probably survive until the next tide... (I may enlist jay to take a look at that though. He's much better at the d/d stuff than I am. :))

Part of the problem is that I'm torn between testing only for people who have source access or testing in general. I'm thinking that builds need to happen more often so that more people can test. It's a pain to create a JAR file just for RPTroll to test d/d for example. I'm much more likely to put out a build and let the community at large test it -- that's what "development" means after all.

silversonic
Cave Troll

Post by silversonic »

Azhrei wrote:
silversonic wrote:Hey Azhrei, ubuntu 10.04 user here, I got this error when I tried to do a drag/drop after replacing the jar file like you asked. Hope that helps.
Okay, thanks for the help.

It appears from the screenshot that you didn't get a stack backtrace... Would you please check your .maptool/log.txt file. If it has anything in it, and I expect it does, please empty it out and try your drag/drop again. After the error comes up, please post the contents of that log file -- it will give me some necessary information about the context surrounding the error.

I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised by UnsupportedFlavorException, though. :?
Ah, thanks! I've been wondering how to check the log files. I have no idea about what the exception means, but I'm happy to bug test for you. I'm also not discounting the fact that it could be something only associated with my computer/distro.

Here's the log as you requested:

Code: Select all

2010-06-07 14:58:33,312 [client.MapTool:240] ERROR - Error during drag/drop operation<br>java.awt.datatransfer.UnsupportedFlavorException: Group Tool Token List
java.awt.datatransfer.UnsupportedFlavorException: Group Tool Token List
	at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer.getTransferData(SunDropTargetContextPeer.java:248)
	at sun.awt.datatransfer.TransferableProxy.getTransferData(TransferableProxy.java:73)
	at java.awt.dnd.DropTargetContext$TransferableProxy.getTransferData(DropTargetContext.java:376)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.TransferableHelper.getTokens(TransferableHelper.java:189)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.TransferableHelper.importData(TransferableHelper.java:303)
	at javax.swing.TransferHandler.importData(TransferHandler.java:762)
	at javax.swing.TransferHandler$DropHandler.drop(TransferHandler.java:1485)
	at java.awt.dnd.DropTarget.drop(DropTarget.java:446)
	at javax.swing.TransferHandler$SwingDropTarget.drop(TransferHandler.java:1210)
	at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer.processDropMessage(SunDropTargetContextPeer.java:529)
	at sun.awt.X11.XDropTargetContextPeer.processDropMessage(XDropTargetContextPeer.java:183)
	at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer$EventDispatcher.dispatchDropEvent(SunDropTargetContextPeer.java:842)
	at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer$EventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(SunDropTargetContextPeer.java:766)
	at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetEvent.dispatch(SunDropTargetEvent.java:48)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4324)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2163)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4295)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4461)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processDropTargetEvent(Container.java:4196)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4050)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2149)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2478)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4295)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:604)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:24)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:275)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:200)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:185)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:177)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:138)

Gringoire
Cave Troll

Post by Gringoire »

today i tried a LAN Connection from MAC (start server) to Windows 7 (Connect to server), but the server was not in LAN list... i had to connect from internet. Is this my problem, or it is a common problem?
La nuova Era - Sito italiano dedicato a MapTool e D&D 4th edition.
Gringoire's FrameWork Il primo e unico FrameWork completamente italiano, sviluppato da un italiano.

aku
Dragon

Post by aku »

Gringoire wrote:today i tried a LAN Connection from MAC (start server) to Windows 7 (Connect to server), but the server was not in LAN list... i had to connect from internet. Is this my problem, or it is a common problem?

Did this work previously for you? were you able to see each other on the network itself?

Gringoire
Cave Troll

Post by Gringoire »

aku wrote:
Gringoire wrote:today i tried a LAN Connection from MAC (start server) to Windows 7 (Connect to server), but the server was not in LAN list... i had to connect from internet. Is this my problem, or it is a common problem?

Did this work previously for you? were you able to see each other on the network itself?
with b66 yes.
Gringoire's FrameWork Il primo e unico FrameWork completamente italiano, sviluppato da un italiano.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Gringoire wrote:
aku wrote:Did this work previously for you? were you able to see each other on the network itself?
with b66 yes.
Nothing touched the networking code since b63, so unlikely to be an MT problem in that regard. I also can't recall that any of the UPNP or Server code was touched either.

I guess the next question would be, "If you go back to b66 does it work?"

Gringoire
Cave Troll

Post by Gringoire »

Azhrei wrote:
Gringoire wrote:
aku wrote:Did this work previously for you? were you able to see each other on the network itself?
with b66 yes.
Nothing touched the networking code since b63, so unlikely to be an MT problem in that regard. I also can't recall that any of the UPNP or Server code was touched either.

I guess the next question would be, "If you go back to b66 does it work?"
I will try.

Raoden
Dragon

Post by Raoden »

Just got the following Warning while loading a campaign. It was a campaign that I've already worked on in b68, and it's never given me this before. Haven't tried loading it again or restarting MapTool or anything yet to see if it's duplicable.
Spoiler
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.util.LinkedList$ListItr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
at java.util.LinkedList$ListItr.next(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.model.Zone.getTokensFiltered(Zone.java:738)
at net.rptools.maptool.model.Zone.getStampTokens(Zone.java:761)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.renderZone(ZoneRenderer.java:771)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.paintComponent(ZoneRenderer.java:631)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.seqPaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:24)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
EDIT: Might have been a fluke. Didn't happen the next time I loaded the campaign.

EDIT2: And another "Load Campaign", complete with a whole new Warning:
Spoiler
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.renderTokens(ZoneRenderer.java:2459)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.renderZone(ZoneRenderer.java:816)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.paintComponent(ZoneRenderer.java:631)
at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.seqPaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."
- G. K. Chesterton

Wonderful HTML/CSS reference * Color Manager * Token Manager 2.0

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

The following new features have been checked into SVN for anyone who wanted to check them out.

isVisible(x,y) - x and y are always in map units not grid, returns 1 if the
point is visible 0 otherwise. This vision is based off of the
impersonated token. There is a trusted version of the function
isVisible(x,y,token).

getInfo(what) - Returns a json object with information about "what"
"what" can be one of
map - Returns info about the map and grid
client - Returns client preference info and version string
server - Returns server preference info
These functions are all untrusted, although getInfo("map")
will return more information if run in a trusted context.
If you try to run getInfo("map") and the current map is
not player visible then it will only run if trusted. If the
macro is not trusted then getInfo("client") will not return
a list of the library tokens/user defined functions. If you
set a property called libversion on your library token then
getInfo("client") will report this as the library token
version, otherwise it will be reported as "unknown".

There is a new localization message for getInfo for those doing translations
macro.function.getInfo.invalidArg=Invalid value {0} for getInfo().

The strings inside of the JSON objects returned from these functions are
intentionally not localized as they are intended to be used by macros not
read by players :)

The output from these functions looks like the following
Spoiler
map
{
"id": "0A00010782897D2C3700000008000102",
"image y scale": 1,
"height": 0,
"largest Z order": 2,
"width": 0,
"name": "Grasslands",
"creation time": 1276351711618,
"grid": {
"cell offset height": 0,
"cell width": 50,
"color": "ff000000",
"cell offset width": 0,
"units per cell": 5,
"cell height": 50,
"second dimension": 0,
"type": "Square",
"x offset": 0,
"y offset": 0,
"size": 50
},
"vision type": "off",
"image x scale": 1,
"player visible": 1
}

client
{
"movement metric": "ONE_TWO_ONE",
"library tokens": {
"Lib:test1": "1.2",
"Lib:Test": "unknown"
},
"portrait size": 175,
"user defined functions": ["testFunc"],
"show stat sheet": true,
"face vertex": 0,
"version": "DEVELOPMENT",
"face edge": 1
}

server
{
"initiative owner permissions": 0,
"players can reveal": 0,
"movement locked": 0,
"tooltips for default roll format": 1,
"individual views": 0,
"players receive campaign macros": 0,
"strict token management": 0,
"restricted impersonation": 0
}

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Craig wrote:The following new features have been checked into SVN for anyone who wanted to check them out.
Sweetness. :)

Thanks for the updates!
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

Oh sweet. :D Looks like i have to work on the movepad again...

Return to “Announcements”