MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 68

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 68

Post by Azhrei »

Ugh. Shades of JDBC and DriverManager 1.0. :( 8)

I suppose that would get rid of the Eclipse error, though. Still, I think there must be a better way of handling it.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Everything I saw said the same thing as Iain found - you need to use reflection to see if any of the classes are loaded and only then invoke the class containing the Mac OS X java extensions, or something like that.

Taragnor
Cave Troll

Post by Taragnor »

Another quick thing....

the Typing notification doesn't seem to let me turn it off, not to mention when anyone types, it causes the chat box to move such that the line between the input area and the chat history text obscures halfway through the last line of chat, which gets rather annoying. Maybe leave the "X is typing" grey area even when nobody is typing, or just put the typing notification somewhere else.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Taragnor wrote:Another quick thing....

the Typing notification doesn't seem to let me turn it off,
Please review this thread. You may want to post your bugs for this feature there so that it doesn't get lost in this thread. Up to you, though.
not to mention when anyone types, it causes the chat box to move such that the line between the input area and the chat history text obscures halfway through the last line of chat,
Already covered in the above linked thread.

dragonlady
Cave Troll

Post by dragonlady »

Noticed that there is no build 68 posted for the Mac. Is this just a lag issue in posting?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yep. It needs to get built and I don't have that automated yet. Gringoire posts a .dmg when he gets a chance and so far I've just been uploading his to the main site.

I might get to automating this over the weekend...

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Iain wrote:
Azhrei wrote:Commenting them out works for now, but I'll find an annotation or Eclipse setting that suppresses that library requirement.
Did a bit of digging and I think you might want to consider something like the following (untested as I do not have a Mac):
Thanks. I've applied code almost identical to what you proposed. :)

Gringoire
Cave Troll

Post by Gringoire »

I'm Sorry, i'm Late.
Here is dmg file.

I'm really sorry.
La nuova Era - Sito italiano dedicato a MapTool e D&D 4th edition.
Gringoire's FrameWork Il primo e unico FrameWork completamente italiano, sviluppato da un italiano.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

No problem. :) I've uploaded the file to the main site...

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Is there a b69 coming soon? The fixes for the chat notifications and unowned token selections alone warrant a new build, imo.

I'm still back on b63 and would love to move up to the next "stable" version given the number of bug fixes and features that have gone in.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yeah, I'm gonna try. We'll see how it goes. :?

I think you're pretty safe going to b66 at a minimum if b69 doesn't make it out this weekend. I'm going to be working 10-12 hour days for the next two weeks so I'm going to check in here on the forums as I can, but I don't expect to be doing a build for a couple weeks. And I've got patches getting a little backlogged as well. :roll:

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Azhrei wrote:I think you're pretty safe going to b66 at a minimum if b69 doesn't make it out this weekend.
I think the big draws for me right now are the fixed resetProperty and the new unowned token selection for targeting. I've been planning on using Aliasmask's mouse-over targeting, but didn't want to waste a lot of time integrating that solution when b68+ changes the whole targeting ballgame.
I'm going to be working 10-12 hour days for the next two weeks so I'm going to check in here on the forums as I can, but I don't expect to be doing a build for a couple weeks.
I hate to see you get time crunched and/or burnt out with your new MT "responsibilities". You might want to consider giving someone else (like Rumble) access to get out minor bug-fix builds on your busy weeks. I know I wouldn't complain if we saw more builds that fixed less with each build, so long as it's a step forward toward more stability.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Full Bleed wrote:I hate to see you get time crunched and/or burnt out with your new MT "responsibilities". You might want to consider giving someone else (like Rumble) access to get out minor bug-fix builds on your busy weeks. I know I wouldn't complain if we saw more builds that fixed less with each build, so long as it's a step forward toward more stability.
Whoa, now. :shock:

That's not something I'm comfortable doing.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I don't have authority on the SF site to do that. But Craig has access as well, so if it's something crucial -- and he's got a omputer nearby :) -- he can put out a bug fix release.

I might do a build next weekend but I've been trying to go through the patches Trevor sent me to evaluate them and decide which go in and which don't. The email he sent is a little over 1MB. And those are patch files (which are only the differences between two versions of code).

I want to switch all of the forms to XML and away from jfrm files so that they can be included in patches that people submit. So I might do an SVN update next weekend of just that change.

Separate topic...

Anyone on Linux: please check this post and grab the maptool.jar referenced there, then let me know if drag/drop works for you with that JAR file. (Instructions in that post.) If so, then I'll put out a build 69 tonight with the latest fixes in it (Rumble has sent a couple of patches that I've applied as well as a couple bug fixes of my own).

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Azhrei wrote:I don't have authority on the SF site to do that. But Craig has access as well, so if it's something crucial -- and he's got a omputer nearby :) -- he can put out a bug fix release.

I might do a build next weekend but I've been trying to go through the patches Trevor sent me to evaluate them and decide which go in and which don't. The email he sent is a little over 1MB. And those are patch files (which are only the differences between two versions of code).

I want to switch all of the forms to XML and away from jfrm files so that they can be included in patches that people submit. So I might do an SVN update next weekend of just that change.

Separate topic...

Anyone on Linux: please check this post and grab the maptool.jar referenced there, then let me know if drag/drop works for you with that JAR file. (Instructions in that post.) If so, then I'll put out a build 69 tonight with the latest fixes in it (Rumble has sent a couple of patches that I've applied as well as a couple bug fixes of my own).
Azhrei, quick note - I checked out the latest source and it all appears to work as I expected, so it looks like the unowned selection and chat notifications are fixed.

Return to “Announcements”