MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 69

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 69

Post by Azhrei »

Daeger wrote:How close are we to getting as stable as b63?
b69 is as stable as b63, IMO.

There are bugs to be worked on, but they are the same ones that b63 has, so...

Daeger
Cave Troll

Post by Daeger »

Azhrei wrote:

That's great news! Is b69 going to get 'promoted' to Release instead of Development?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Daeger wrote:
Azhrei wrote:

That's great news! Is b69 going to get 'promoted' to Release instead of Development?
Aren't they all release builds now?

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Rumble wrote:Aren't they all release builds now?
That's the theory. At least, everything since b64 is (technically) supposed to be a "Release: Bug-Fix Build."

But the reality is that it's still pretty much the same thing by a different name. And until 1.4 really shows up on the scene with some major part of its heart torn out and rebuilt bionic style, I hope to continue to see 1.3 "bug-fix" releases on a regular basis! ;)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Daeger
Cave Troll

Post by Daeger »

Rumble wrote:Aren't they all release builds now?
Not according to the Launch page: http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=launch

Seeker
Kobold

Post by Seeker »

Oddness

I have some players having refresh issues. Maptools would be unclickable except for minimize and exit buttons.. Minimizing and then restoring allows one to access maptools again. And other weird issues.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Seeker wrote:Oddness
Their Java install is probably screwed up since this isn't MapTool. Have them uninstall Java, reboot (to flush DLLs from memory), then install the latest Java.

I'd be willing to bet money that solves it. 8)

Seeker
Kobold

Post by Seeker »

Azhrei wrote: Their Java install is probably screwed up since this isn't MapTool. Have them uninstall Java, reboot (to flush DLLs from memory), then install the latest Java.

Nope.. Their maptool is still locking up or the refresh is weird.. Even the framework is showing different things to different people for the same icon.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Seeker wrote:Nope.. Their maptool is still locking up or the refresh is weird.. Even the framework is showing different things to different people for the same icon.
Ah, that kind of "weird refresh" sounds like a video driver problem.

If you search the boards here you'll find that a lot of folks have had driver problems in the past. Have them check that next.

Daeger
Cave Troll

Post by Daeger »

Seeker wrote:
Azhrei wrote: Their Java install is probably screwed up since this isn't MapTool. Have them uninstall Java, reboot (to flush DLLs from memory), then install the latest Java.

Nope.. Their maptool is still locking up or the refresh is weird.. Even the framework is showing different things to different people for the same icon.
Are you using Mumble, by chance? The overlay can make it do odd things.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Is there a new way for Windows users to launch the program with our memory/stack settings? The bat files are gone as well as the EXE (though the "Launch MapTool-Win-README.pdf" is still there.)

EDIT: Hmmm, never mind, just downloaded it again and it's all there now.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

3 hours game last night without an itch.

Though I have a vision question : something seems to have change, perhaps since b68 and I didn't notice (as GM) until one my players told me :
My server is started with all the options (strict ownership, individual views etc.)
On a map with active vision (day), we had several player tokens (each one with sight activated) and a bunch of NPC tokens (witthout vision).
The players could not interact with the NPC except click/select the tokens. Which is good.
When a player clicks anywhere on the map but not on a token : they can see everything (background + all the visible tokens).
When a player clicks on a NPC token, his view doesn't change : he still can see everything.
But when a player clicks/selects another player token, which he doesn't own, he can see anything : all the tokens disappears, and the background is "soft FOGed".
It seems kinda strange to me that clicking on a non owned PC hide everything but not on non owned NPC ?
It should, imho, have the same effect, no ?
ImageImageImageImage

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

From b64-b69, something has changed in the saved token so the newer MapTools can fail when dragging a token onto the map. See bug report:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14815

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Rumble wrote:Please post any additional bugs you may find, of course! Unowned token selection is a sticky wicket.
My players were able to view the MT statsheet info for properties that were set "owner visible only" when selecting unowned tokens.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

DeviantNull wrote:
Rumble wrote:Please post any additional bugs you may find, of course! Unowned token selection is a sticky wicket.
My players were able to view the MT statsheet info for properties that were set "owner visible only" when selecting unowned tokens.
They shouldn't see the statsheet at all. Interesting. I'll check it out.

Follow-up: I can't reproduce this problem - did you mean that they can see the owner-visible-only properties of the unowned token? I've tried this with a server and connected client and when I do the mouseover I don't see anything from the unowned token.

Return to “Announcements”