MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 69

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Seeker
Kobold

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 69

Post by Seeker »

Daeger wrote:Are you using Mumble, by chance? The overlay can make it do odd things.
Ahh, yes, we just switched to mumble.. Good to know.. Next game session, I'll have everyone turn off the overlay...

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Rumble wrote:
DeviantNull wrote:
Rumble wrote:Please post any additional bugs you may find, of course! Unowned token selection is a sticky wicket.
My players were able to view the MT statsheet info for properties that were set "owner visible only" when selecting unowned tokens.
They shouldn't see the statsheet at all. Interesting. I'll check it out.

Follow-up: I can't reproduce this problem - did you mean that they can see the owner-visible-only properties of the unowned token? I've tried this with a server and connected client and when I do the mouseover I don't see anything from the unowned token.
Also Rumble, see Natha's post above (http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 81#p157212). I only mention it because you didn't refer to it.

@lmarkus: I agree -- older tokens should still load. There was a token format change prior to b59 regarding token properties becoming case-insensitive that caused breakage, but loading one of his tokens into b59 and then saving it again fixes it?! All of the code from loading/saving tokens from b59 is still in there, so I need to investigate this more. Also, RPTroll (I think it was him) had issues with dragging a Lib: token to the map. His problem only occurred when dragging from the desktop and the work-around is "don't do that." ;) Save the token somewhere that it is accessible from the Image Explorer and drag it from there. (Yes, it's the drag/drop code that I must have screwed up. It's on my todo look to look at it.)

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Azhrei wrote:Also, RPTroll (I think it was him) had issues with dragging a Lib: token to the map. His problem only occurred when dragging from the desktop and the work-around is "don't do that." ;) Save the token somewhere that it is accessible from the Image Explorer and drag it from there. (Yes, it's the drag/drop code that I must have screwed up. It's on my todo look to look at it.)
In this case, it's throwing the error when coming from the image explorer.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Daeger
Cave Troll

Post by Daeger »

Seeker wrote:
Daeger wrote:Are you using Mumble, by chance? The overlay can make it do odd things.
Ahh, yes, we just switched to mumble.. Good to know.. Next game session, I'll have everyone turn off the overlay...
They can also add javaw.exe to the overlay's blacklist.

I should also point out that it messes up Character Builder too (far worse in fact), and that too can be added to the black list.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

So I changed a property value on a token to something that wasn't default. Then I ran a test on the token:

Code: Select all

[resetProperty(propertyname)]
and... nothing. I thought it would reset the property to null (and therefore set it to the campaign property default.)

I also had a question about function case sensitivity. Some seem to be case sensitive (like resetProperty throws an error if the "P" isn't capitalized), and others aren't (like getstrprop). I know that UDF functions are case sensitive... but for some reason I didn't think other functions were, though I appear to be running into problems with others if I don't capitiliaze the right things. For example, try:

[h: addAllPCsToinitiative(0)]
That adds everything to init. Capitalize the I in "initiative" and only adds PC's.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Full Bleed wrote:So I changed a property value on a token to something that wasn't default. Then I ran a test on the token:

[resetProperty(propertyname)]
and... nothing. I thought it would reset the property to null (and therefore set it to the campaign property default.)

I also had a question about function case sensitivity. Some seem to be case sensitive (like resetProperty throws an error if the "P" isn't capitalized), and others aren't (like getstrprop). I know that UDF functions are case sensitive... but for some reason I didn't think other functions were, though I appear to be running into problems with others if I don't capitiliaze the right things. For example, try:

[h: addAllPCsToinitiative(0)]
That adds everything to init. Capitalize the I in "initiative" and only adds PC's.

Functions should all be case sensitive, only variables are case insensitive. Any that accept case insensitive versions are anomalies, any that do anything different based on case are bad bugs :)

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Craig wrote:Functions should all be case sensitive, only variables are case insensitive. Any that accept case insensitive versions are anomalies, any that do anything different based on case are bad bugs :)
Ok. Thanks for the info. I'm in the process of going through my framework and fixing the cases on everything. Any idea what I'm doing wrong with resetProperty?

PS: Just off the top of my head, listAppend and listContains also work with all lower case.

PSS: Should "strformat", "strfind", "countsuccess" be "strFormat", "strFind", and "countSuccess" respectively?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Azhrei wrote: Also Rumble, see Natha's post above (http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 81#p157212). I only mention it because you didn't refer to it.
Gotcha. As mentioned, I could not reproduce the behavior DeviantNull observed (DN, if you're reading, can you send / post the campaign this is happening in?)

With regard to Natha's issue, IIRC I've seen that kind of thing since b63 (in face, in the game I'm a player in - which until this past week used b63 - I frequently ran into that issue when clicking on other tokens but my own). I'm not trying to be defensive or anything, but I'm not sure that's a side-effect of unowned token selection. I will do some experiments.

Edit: hm, I appear to be incorrect. I know I saw similar behavior in b63 but the circumstances are different. It turns out that it would go blank when selecting any unowned token that has sight (NPC or PC; it's just that NPCs usually don't have sight). I'll see what I can do!

Okay...I'm not sure what the best approach is here. I found where this is triggered and edited it so that if the unowned token is a PC, you'll get that PC's individual view (rather than having everything disappear, which it's doing now). However, if you have an NPC with sight, and you select it, everything still disappears. What behavior should this have?

With individual views, I assume that if a fellow unowned PC token is beyond a wall from you, and you try to see what he sees his view, you should not see anything. In other words, this is working as expected - you can't see what unowned tokens see - but you couldn't previously find that out since you couldn't previously select an unowned token.

silversonic
Cave Troll

Post by silversonic »

Azhrei wrote: @lmarkus: I agree -- older tokens should still load. There was a token format change prior to b59 regarding token properties becoming case-insensitive that caused breakage, but loading one of his tokens into b59 and then saving it again fixes it?! All of the code from loading/saving tokens from b59 is still in there, so I need to investigate this more. Also, RPTroll (I think it was him) had issues with dragging a Lib: token to the map. His problem only occurred when dragging from the desktop and the work-around is "don't do that." ;) Save the token somewhere that it is accessible from the Image Explorer and drag it from there. (Yes, it's the drag/drop code that I must have screwed up. It's on my todo look to look at it.)
Hey Azhrei, was that error log I posted helpful?

-Devin

Gringoire
Cave Troll

Post by Gringoire »

I'm sorry i did'nt make the dmg file. I had some problem in my life so i had not time to do this. next time i will make it as soon as i can. Azhrei made this anyway, so thank you Azhr.
La nuova Era - Sito italiano dedicato a MapTool e D&D 4th edition.
Gringoire's FrameWork Il primo e unico FrameWork completamente italiano, sviluppato da un italiano.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

FullBleed wrote:In this case, it's throwing the error when coming from the image explorer.
Well that's a bad sign. I didn't think the desktop drag/drop used the same code as the Image Explorer d/d. If it does then it's much more important to get it fixed. My plan will be to roll back to the b68 implementation until I get some "quality time" with the code. I have narrowed the problem down to a particular area of the code, so I'm getting closer. :roll:
silversonic wrote:Hey Azhrei, was that error log I posted helpful?
Sorry, I've been busy and haven't looked at yours yet. I still have three campaigns and two tokens that exhibit issues also. I'm going to try to work on those Friday night and Saturday so that I can get a build out Saturday night. But I'm getting on a plane Sunday and that may cause changes in priorities this weekend.
Gringoire wrote:I'm sorry i did'nt make the dmg file. I had some problem in my life so i had not time to do this. next time i will make it as soon as i can. Azhrei made this anyway, so thank you Azhr.
Actually it was provided by another forum user (don't remember who; the name started with "m" though :().

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Rumble wrote: With individual views, I assume that if a fellow unowned PC token is beyond a wall from you, and you try to see what he sees his view, you should not see anything. In other words, this is working as expected - you can't see what unowned tokens see - but you couldn't previously find that out since you couldn't previously select an unowned token.
Thanks for looking into it and explaining.

IMHO, with "individual views" turned on, a player should never see what a unowned token can see, PC or NPC, sight or no sight.
ImageImageImageImage

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

I just took a look at unowned token selection and had a couple questions:

1) Are you only supposed to be able to select another token with the shift-key held down while you have yourself selected? It's disconcerting when the screen goes blank when you click on another token. It kind of pulls you out of the game. Can this be stopped from happening if you have a token impersonated so that it assumes you want to see things from the impersonated token's view (*if* you're a player)? I was hoping that once you had your own token impersonated all a player would have to do is click on an unowned token and run a macro against it. Being forced to use the keyboard to select a target a little clunky, imo.

2) Are you using green for other selections? I think you are, but for us color-blind people it's very difficult to distinguish (especially because you're using the same luminosity.) I would much prefer blue or yellow (or be given a choice.)

I'm guessing it's not a b69 problem, but can someone explain how resetProperty is supposed to work? As mentioned above, I can't get it to work like I thought it would.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Natha wrote:On a map with active vision (day), we had several player tokens (each one with sight activated) and a bunch of NPC tokens (witthout vision).
The players could not interact with the NPC except click/select the tokens. Which is good.
When a player clicks anywhere on the map but not on a token : they can see everything (background + all the visible tokens).
When a player clicks on a NPC token, his view doesn't change : he still can see everything.
But when a player clicks/selects another player token, which he doesn't own, he can see anything : all the tokens disappears, and the background is "soft FOGed".
It seems kinda strange to me that clicking on a non owned PC hide everything but not on non owned NPC ?
I think you and Rumble are misunderstanding one another. This is not how things are working for me. It only seems to work like that when Vision is "Off". Clicking on a non-owned PC or non-owned NPC should produce the same results (a soft-fog screen without *any* tokens or objects.)

Though, as mentioned above, I wish MT would assume that players who have their token's impersonated always want to see from them, regardless of what's selected now that they can select other tokens and lose view of the map.

I actually thought selecting NPC's and un-owned PC's would work like it does when vision is off (so players wouldn't have to use shift to maintain a selection on their own tokens so that they can see properly.) What's happening, apparently, is that when you select a token while individual views is on, they are selected, but you just can't see anything any more!

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Full Bleed wrote: What's happening, apparently, is that when you select a token while individual views is on, they are selected, but you just can't see anything any more!
That's what I tried to described.

Except that it occured only when a player selected a unowned PC token (with sight), NOT when selecting a NPC (without sight).

And that's this difference in behaviour that seems strange to me.
IMHO, with individual views on, a player should see the same thing when selecting a unowned token (PC or NPC) : nothing.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Announcements”