MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 69

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Rumble
Deity

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 69

Post by Rumble »

DeviantNull wrote:
Rumble wrote:They shouldn't see the statsheet at all. Interesting. I'll check it out.

Follow-up: I can't reproduce this problem - did you mean that they can see the owner-visible-only properties of the unowned token? I've tried this with a server and connected client and when I do the mouseover I don't see anything from the unowned token.
Sorry for the delay in response, I've had my hands full...

I'm having to work off the word of my players since I was connected as a GM and didn't fire up a second instance to check it. I just checked for myself by firing up two MT instances, and checked both one the campaign file from before the session which they played and the version saved at the end the session... I can't reproduce the problem either. Very odd. I even tried duplicating some of the out of the ordinary things that took place such as revealing the map, toggling health bars on, copying tokens, and so on. Nothing triggered the glitch.

From what they were describing, if they selected the token they got the mouse over statsheet but with the full list of visible properties, including ones that were owner only. These tokens were technically owned by no one, since I'm a GM and typically can view everything so no one was selected in the owners list on these tokens. All the connected players reported this issue, with each being able to duplicate it. I'm confident that they weren't making this up, the numbers they reported seeing were correct and there was no other way for them to know them. But I have no idea WHY this happened nor can I reproduce it, so I'm at a dead end.

It's okay - was anyone connecting as a GM accidentally? If not, then I think we'll just have to watch and wait. I don't doubt their reports, so if there's something glitchy in there hopefully someone will take note of the exact circumstances.

I certainly hope I didn't miss something obvious! :D

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Rumble wrote:
DeviantNull wrote:It's okay - was anyone connecting as a GM accidentally? If not, then I think we'll just have to watch and wait. I don't doubt their reports, so if there's something glitchy in there hopefully someone will take note of the exact circumstances.

I certainly hope I didn't miss something obvious! :D
Nope, no GM connections. If they were, they'd get the the full character sheet from my framework. I had to patch this to work with the new unowned token selection, since it runs off onChangeSelect, something I forgot to do on my own campaign file when we played Monday. They're aware of the difference between the mouseover sheet and my framework and properly reported the framework was now blocked for unowned tokens once I patched my macros. I even tried to duplicate the macro alterations I had to make on the fly during the session because of this to see if something in the frame refresh may have caused it.

Nothing seems to replicate the effect they were reporting, and I even tried stepping through the things I recall doing during the session. I'm totally at a loss. Since it can't seem to be replicated nothing can really be done about it and it's not worth worrying about for now.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

If they do see it again, a screen snapshot might be the best way of describing it to Rumble, although even that won't capture the entire state of the map...

Return to “Announcements”