MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 69

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 69

Post by Azhrei »

Things are settling down a bit so the name of this build is, "the about-to-be-stable-again build." :)
  • When loading a campaign referenced assets are not found; now assets are not saved when the asset isn't there in the first place (should never happen, so log warnings have been added)
  • Fixed bug with MacroButtonProperties when saving to the GlobalPanel as a Player connected to a server (http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 4&p=155439)
  • Fixed bug displaying macro button dialog in situation similar to above
  • change Random() to SecureRandom() because it provides better statistical spread across the value range
  • Using Meta-Shift-O resets all fog so that only currently visible areas are exposed and everything else is hard fog (on Windows Meta=Ctrl, on OSX Meta=Cmd)
  • Started work on localizing more text, mostly related to the token context menu
  • Iain - Fix to allow code to compile on Eclipse when not running on OSX (http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 4&p=156024)
  • Related to the above, when Apple library not found the dock bar is simply not updated
  • Rumble - chat notifier moved to upper left corner of map (overlay color can be set in Preferences)
  • Rumble - select-unowned-tokens fixes
Edit: Didn't include Craig's latest MTscript patches in my description. See his post here (later in this thread) for a description.

Rumble
Deity

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 69

Post by Rumble »

Just wanted to comment that the selecting unowned tokens patch mentioned should fix the following issues (some minor, some not so minor) with the earlier build:

-Could move unowned tokens using the keypad or the "Move" command in the right-click menu :shock:
-Could change halo color on unowned tokens
-Could expose visible area on unowned tokens under certain circumstances :shock:
-Could execute some keyboard shortcuts against unowned tokens
-Could set facing on unowned tokens

Please post any additional bugs you may find, of course! Unowned token selection is a sticky wicket.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I'm just checking. Tokens/campaigns saved after b63 are no longer compatible with b63... right?

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:I'm just checking. Tokens/campaigns saved after b63 are no longer compatible with b63... right?
Campaigns are usually forward compatible, but not backward compatible. Once you save a campaign in a new version, you should consider it locked in at that version, with the likelihood that it will work with future (but not past) versions.

Are the new functions from Craig (isVisible, getInfo) in b69?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Full Bleed wrote:Are the new functions from Craig (isVisible, getInfo) in b69?
I didn't specifically look but he said he did an SVN commit and I updated before making the build, so I would say "yes".

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Full Bleed wrote: Are the new functions from Craig (isVisible, getInfo) in b69?
isVisible(x,y)
isVisible(x,y, byToken) - Trusted
getInfo("map")
getInfo("client")
getInfo("server")

are in the b69 build.
Stuff that I added to svn after Azhrei checked out for build (so will be in next build he does).
isSnapToGrid()
isSnapToGrid(token) - Trusted
setOwner(name) - Trusted
setOwner(jsonArray) - Trusted
getInfo("campaign") - Trusted

getInfo("campaign") will return bucket loads of info including, all the maps, the light sources, the states, the vision types, the bars...

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Azhrei wrote:When loading a campaign referenced assets are not found; now assets are not saved when the asset isn't there in the first place (should never happen, so log warnings have been added)
I suppose I'll find out tomorrow, but when saving, is there an asset cleanup? The reason I ask is because I have a macro that changes an image as saves the old asset in a property. That way I can hide the image without deleting the token and then restore it. The new image is a transparent image.

edit: PS. Thanks for the quick build updates. I'm finally converting from 63 and we'll see how it works for my game tomorrow.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yes. Assets that are unreferenced by any of the MT objects will not be written to the campaign file. So if you remove an image and only save its id in a token property, for example, that asset will not be written to the campaign and will have to be available in your resource library when the campaign is next loaded.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

CoveredInFish wrote:I added Wiki: getInfo() and Wiki: isVisible ()to the wiki.
Cool.

Maybe once you've instituted isVisible in the MovePad, you can take a snippet of code from that and add a sample code block, too. I know that examples make things a whole lot easier to use.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Daeger
Cave Troll

Post by Daeger »

How close are we to getting as stable as b63?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Is the token stacking working... I'm running a game right now and it doesn't seem to be. Before, I could double click, the options came up and I chose one. Now only the top token opens.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

aliasmask wrote:Is the token stacking working... I'm running a game right now and it doesn't seem to be. Before, I could double click, the options came up and I chose one. Now only the top token opens.
Works for me - if I stack up a set of tokens, I can double-click to open the stack, then double click on any of the tokens and it will open that token. Used to be that the top one opened whether you owned it or not or double clicked on it or not.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Hmm... okay. I ended my online session and stacked the tokens and it does work. I'll see if it repeats for next game.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

aliasmask wrote:Hmm... okay. I ended my online session and stacked the tokens and it does work. I'll see if it repeats for next game.
I tried it with a server running (but no connected clients). That was something I worked on trying to fix a bug discovered a while back, so I'm concerned that it's working right.

Return to “Announcements”