MapTool 1.2 Development Release Build 19

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

That error is from Unit Test stuff. Just make sure you only include files in the src/ directory and not the tests/ directory in your build.

ltwally
Cave Troll

request

Post by ltwally »

I would like to request the ability to increase/decrease the spacing between entries in the history window.

And a right-click context menu for the chat window to Cut/Copy/Paste.

Thanks!
Last edited by ltwally on Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ltwally
Cave Troll

Post by ltwally »

jay wrote:That error is from Unit Test stuff. Just make sure you only include files in the src/ directory and not the tests/ directory in your build.
I was using the downloaded JAR's to build.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Re the GCJ stuff

This may be relevant and certainly the last line doesn't bode well.

Code: Select all

Target Platforms. As of July 2006, the official GCJ Status page lists 15 supported targets, from "bare metal" ARM and XScale to IBM s390x mainframes. Some of the targets, most notably Windows, are not fully supported, though. Excelsior JET supports Windows and Linux on Intel x86 at the moment. The Windows version has been on the market since the year 2000, so it is more mature than the Linux version, introduced in 2004.

Standard Compliance. GCJ has not passed the Sun's official Java Compatibility Kit (JCK) test suite and is quite far from even attempting to do that. The major reason is that the GCJ runtime library, libgcj, is an open source clean-room implementation of the core Java API classes, and thus is way behind Sun developments. At the moment GCJ may only compile graphical applications built using third-party AWT-independent GUI toolkits, such as SWT.
from: http://www.programmersheaven.com/2/Convert-Java-to-EXE

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

ltwally wrote:
jay wrote:That error is from Unit Test stuff. Just make sure you only include files in the src/ directory and not the tests/ directory in your build.
I was using the downloaded JAR's to build.
The JUnit jars aren't in the downloaded jars, they are a part of Eclipse. You need to remove the tests from the build and it will at least compile. They should all be in the tests/ directory.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Re: request

Post by trevor »

ltwally wrote:I would like to request the ability to increase/decrease the spacing between entries in the history window.

And a right-click context menu for the chat window to Cut/Copy/Paste.
Trackers added
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

ltwally
Cave Troll

Post by ltwally »

jay wrote:The JUnit jars aren't in the downloaded jars, they are a part of Eclipse. You need to remove the tests from the build and it will at least compile. They should all be in the tests/ directory.
I'm not super-familiar with how to do that... but I will give a try and see what happens.

ltwally
Cave Troll

enh

Post by ltwally »

Well, every single time I ferrett out one error, another pops up. I'm uncertain if it's maptool or JNC/GCJ causing it. Maybe both.

Anyone out there that has any experience in this dept, I'd love some pointers!

trevor

Post by trevor »

I've had only limited success with compiling swing apps with java to binary compilers.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

And with today's JIT compilers, there's really little or no need.

Oh, it might run faster if it were truly compiled, but if MS is happy with the execution speed of .Net/CLR, I would imagine Java is as fast or faster (although Java needs to be cross-platform, while MS is definitely NOT cross-platform!).

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Got this exception while loading the campaign file I was modifying yesterday:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan\My Documents\D&D\Tools\RPTools\Maptool_Curren
t>java -Xmx256M -jar maptool-*.jar
TinyLaF v1.3.04
'Default.theme' not found - using YQ default theme.
Exception in thread "Thread-13" java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.rptools.maptool.client.AppActions$50.run(AppActions.java:1259)

I saved it as a separate file so it's only one evenings work gone, but it's still annoying. On the other hand, I've heard a lot of discussion about bad campaign files and I assume this is nothing new.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Did it make your file 0 length ?

That would be good cause then we could assert that the 0 length file issue is related to this exception, which would be an easy fix

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

I'm really sorry, I overwrote the file. However this is what happened. Whenever I opened the campaign I got a blank screen in the map screen of maptool with 'Grass' as the name of the map up in the top right. There were no other maps available. It didn't say 'loading' at any time, which rather suggests a 0 length campaign file.

The only thing I had done before this was to try to set up a server - but I'm inside a firewall at work so this was never going to happen. However it didn't throw the 'can't see your computer from internet' exception. Instead it just seemed to ignore the fact that I had tried to set up a server. I still had the start server option in the menu tree and nothing had shown in the error window. However when I tried to open the campaign file from last night, there was nothing there. I don't know if these are related but I thought I'd give you the full rundown of what happened.

Return to “Announcements”