MapTool Build 104/105 ALPHA Release Notes

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Actually, that's intentional. To keep from flooding the network connection it caps the number of times it sends an update per second.

I've been thinking of increasing the cap a little. Or perhaps make it configurable so that modem users can still keep it low while broadband users can have it higher.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

chrobry
Cave Troll

Post by chrobry »

trevor wrote:Actually, that's intentional. To keep from flooding the network connection it caps the number of times it sends an update per second.

I've been thinking of increasing the cap a little. Or perhaps make it configurable so that modem users can still keep it low while broadband users can have it higher.
Although I haven't taken the sniffer to the tool, I doubt that it would kill a LAN connection. Broadband, or modem well that's another story I could see that happening.
So maybe (for those who could tell a difference between mbps or kbps) there could be a selection in options that you can click between LAN or Internet. Of course having another "advance" option where you can specify your own updates would be supper, but I don't want to become too greedy ;)

trevor

Post by trevor »

heh. I'll add a tracker to make it a preferences

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

shouldn't be to hard to do. just a guess though.
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Emryys wrote: When moving large or bigger tokens a red dot (light source marker) appears in the top left corner while moving
I'm having a hard time reproducing this, could you send me the steps you use to get to this state ?

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

trevor wrote:
Emryys wrote: When moving large or bigger tokens a red dot (light source marker) appears in the top left corner while moving
I'm having a hard time reproducing this, could you send me the steps you use to get to this state ?
Simply add a token, change it to Gargantuan (to see it clearly), then move with the mouse but don't let go and it's there in the left corner.
Game On!

Return to “Announcements”