MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 72 / 73

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 72 / 73

Post by jfrazierjr »

Rumble wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:EEEKK... Ok.. So your right. I just noticed that I put this into the wrong place in the clientMethodHandler. Or rather, I "think" I just edited what Rumble had to call the new function name instead of Rumble's original one. So, lines 97-99 need to be moved after line 116.

Azhrei, let me know if you will do this or if you would rather me send a patch.

Probably my fault, putting the original methods in the wrong half of clientMethodHandler. I'm very glad there are people who know more about this than me. :D
It's fine. I should have double checked. I had already noted that some of the stuff was UI thread and some was not, but I guess I was in a hurry and just forgot about it.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I've got Joe's patch and will apply it tonight. I expect to have b74 uploaded by dawn tomorrow morning. ;)

I'm going to check the jittery mouse issue as well. If anyone can narrow it down to a particular build where it started to appear that would help immensely as I could then just look at the changes in that build.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Azhrei wrote: I'm going to check the jittery mouse issue as well. If anyone can narrow it down to a particular build where it started to appear that would help immensely as I could then just look at the changes in that build.
Did not jitter in b70, does in 73. I did not really use/test 71/72 any.
Rumble wrote:I see a lot of those "blank" is Typing messages; do you use Ventrilo? It seemed to happen more when doing push-to-talk stuff, even though it shouldn't trigger unless the cursor is in the text box itself. That is a mystery.
While the issue appears to have been identified, I am replying to the audio tool used. We are currently using Dolby Axon. Most of us use voice activation. All but one site has headsets. My site has a Polycom speakerphone so the people that come to play in person can all sit around the same table and use that. Dolby Axon is quite nice. It is free if you want basic 5 user access with no permanent chat room and no 3D sound. But if ONE person spends $20 a year, then they can setup a permanent chat room and when they are in it, everyone gets the 3D benefits and the room will hold up to 50. The 3D sound really helps differentiate different simultaneous speakers as their voices come from a different direction. (Note, we get no 3D on the mono conference phone.) Unfortunately this is only a Windows solution at the moment, but they have at least acknowledged Macs and may add a Mac client in the future.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Cool, I'd never even heard of it. I have a ventrilo server through Typefrag, and it serves the purpose (it was sort of a last-minute thing, actually - we'd gone on a gaming hiatus for a month or so and during that time our previous server contract expired, and we forgot until game night :shock: ).

However, this chat-room / 3D sound stuff sounds really cool, I'll check it out! Thanks!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

lmarkus001 wrote:Did not jitter in b70, does in 73. I did not really use/test 71/72 any.
Thanks, that'll help. :)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Okay, I've been playing with this "jittery" issue for a couple days and haven't been able to get it to happen now. Can anyone narrow down when it does/does not occur?

I've tried it with the b74 development version without a server and it didn't do it. I tried it with a server running and it didn't do it. I tried it by connecting to the server as a player and it doesn't happen. :(

I'm going to apply a couple of other patches I've received and then put out b74. It's been waiting in the wings for too long. :|

JonathanTheBlack
Dragon

Post by JonathanTheBlack »

I tried using the drawing tool for shapes and such tonight and it was bouncing all over the place, up to six squares away.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

JonathanTheBlack wrote:I tried using the drawing tool for shapes and such tonight and it was bouncing all over the place, up to six squares away.
Would you care to provide some specifics? Anything is better than just a random confirmation that "yes, it happened". For example, were you running a server? How many clients were connected? Were you using the new typing notifications (might be pertinent as those patches went in around the same time, although the "select unowned" patch is more likely to be related)? Which drawing function(s) were you trying to use?

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Something that has caused problems in the past is when people were drawing in the three quadrants with negative coordinates. Finding that out may be helpful.

Voltang
Cave Troll

Post by Voltang »

JonathanTheBlack wrote:I tried using the drawing tool for shapes and such tonight and it was bouncing all over the place, up to six squares away.
Actually, this has me wondering about something I noticed in a loaded file but didn't think much of. I had a fog of war circle over a map area and on loading the campaign(it originated in b70) in b74, the circle had moved over inexplicably. This was only on one map that I noticed and is likely just a translation issue between the older file and the new build, but I wanted to mention it on the off chance it's related to the jittery mouse problem. I doubt it, but the cursor moving a drawing farther away seemed similar. My fog of war was pre-drawn, though.

Return to “Announcements”