MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 72 / 73

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 72 / 73

Post by Azhrei »

Edit: b73 fixes a single show-stopper bug that was found in b72, so I didn't bother to create a separate thread for it. However, I did put a separate entry in the ChangeLog. Note that b73 is now ready for consumption.

This is the "close enough that I can almost smell it" build. (And I mean that in a good way. ;))

DO NOT use this build as your nightly game build until you've tested the file loading/saving process. I believe I've got all the kinks out, but one can never be sure...

As promised previously, the list of bugs fixed is linked from the bottom right corner of the Main Page of the wiki.

The biggest fix is the aforementioned file I/O issues. Build 71 had a major problem with saving campaigns -- the result was corrupted image files. This build fixes that and adds some speedups as well. The rest of the items on are the wiki; feel free to reply to this thread and copy/paste individual items from the wiki page if you have questions about them.

I plan to stay in bug-squashing mode for the next few days and put out b73 before the end of the week.

Good luck and let me know how it goes by replying here!

mfrizzell
Dragon

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 72

Post by mfrizzell »

Just want to thank you for the hard work.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Heh, thanks. :)

I've uploaded a DMG file for the OSX folks as well. (Almost done uploading now. Upstream speed sucks. :|)

I screwed up the contents of the JAR file a couple times, then didn't fix it correctly (sigh) so if you've already grabbed it as of the time of this posting, you may want to do so again. :)

Looks like the accented character bug for macros is still there. :( That will be my focus for the next couple of days.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Congratulations on yet a new build, thanks for the hard work indeed! I'm happy that 'the machine' is running smoothly again (in respect to the long b63 pit-stop)

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Can I go ahead with the vision and light tutorial or is there more possible tinkering planned?
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

JonathanTheBlack
Dragon

Post by JonathanTheBlack »

When I ran the MapToolLauncher.exe application, I got a warning that the program was unsigned or unverified. It's been so long since I ran it from a fresh install that I can't recall if that's normal or not.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

brad wrote:Can I go ahead with the vision and light tutorial or is there more possible tinkering planned?
Unless you consider the isowneronly flag coming to tokens(which basically will allow a player to be "invisible" to other PC when strict token ownership is turned on important, I would say go ahead. there are no other major changes that I can think of in 1.3
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

jfrazierjr wrote:
brad wrote:Can I go ahead with the vision and light tutorial or is there more possible tinkering planned?
Unless you consider the isowneronly flag coming to tokens(which basically will allow a player to be "invisible" to other PC when strict token ownership is turned on important, I would say go ahead. there are no other major changes that I can think of in 1.3
Cool! Thanks.
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

Jehran1
Kobold

Post by Jehran1 »

Since I've downloaded build 72 whenever a player hovers over a PC token I get this exception:

Code: Select all

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.renderVisionOverlay(ZoneRenderer.java:1064)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.renderPlayerVisionOverlay(ZoneRenderer.java:1045)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.renderZone(ZoneRenderer.java:802)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.paintComponent(ZoneRenderer.java:613)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.RepaintManager.seqPaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:24)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
sometimes it repeats infinitely sometimes it doesn't. And also since I accidentally saved it I can't go back to build 70 so is this error going to be fixed soon?

JonathanTheBlack
Dragon

Post by JonathanTheBlack »

My players got that error too. It was a game stopper and we had to go back to b70.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

and thats a confirm from my side as well.

Note that this happens with a player setup, so running the campaign as a server, start second instance of MT and connect to server and then the errors are shown.
Here is a link to my framework for testing purposes (and here a direct dl-link which might break when I update my campaign)
Last edited by wolph42 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

Confirm +1

Hovering over a PC token on a player client logged into a server on the same machine.

Jehran1
Kobold

Post by Jehran1 »

The bug is with Vision, if you uncheck the Has Sight checkbox the bug doesn't happen.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I read that ahz had 'debugged' vision to prevent 'cheating' (pc's could see vision outline of not-owned npc's), I guess he 'bugged' it as well in the process.
What I understood of the 'fix' is that it was fairly simple, so my guess would be that it should also be fairly simple to reverse it and maybe remove the original bug as well.

As for playing MT 'blind' I don't think that's really an option (at least not in my game).

Merkuri
Giant

Post by Merkuri »

Getting that same error. It doesn't happen on the server, only when connected as a client. It tends to happen for me when I mouse over a token.
Adventure is not outside; it is within.
--Found in a fortune cookie on game night

MapTool Framework for Sufficiently Advanced

Return to “Announcements”