MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 74

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

nortonweb
Cave Troll

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 74

Post by nortonweb »

same here

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Oh, forgot to mention; saw the template jitter Monday night! Offline you don't see it, but when I connected to my buddy's game with b74, the template center was jumping all over the place, as described. More of a visual bug than anything, though - didn't stop me from laying down templates where I wanted.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

CoveredInFish wrote:
skester wrote:using Build 74 I'm noticing a lot that when I load a campaign, not everything shows up on the map initially, but if I zoom in or out then everything pops up.
+1. Happened several times.
Me too.
ImageImageImageImage

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

I'm seeing the "not everything rendered in viewport" issue as well. Here's a couple screenshots to illustrate it, hopefully. This is in b74, just after opening a campaign file.

After opening, at the initial zoom of 100%, the viewport looks like this:

There are normally 2 more of the large red library tokens in that set, off to the right of the 4 visible ones. They are not appearing on screen (which was the cause of some alarm at one point!). However, if I zoom out one click on my mouse-wheel (which takes the zoom level from 100% to 74%), (edited to add or move the map in any way), the other two appear as shown below. I guess requiring a redraw might correct an erroneous viewport size?

Once I alter the zoom level, this particular visual glitch doesn't happen again until the next time the campaign is opened.
Last edited by Rumble on Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

has this issue been looked at?

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16057

Thanks,
Skester

Zandel
Giant

Post by Zandel »

I am also interested in knowing if this issue has been resolved, or is planned for upcoming bug fixes.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14443

Thank you

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Anyone who is using the source code build: please test the pre-b75 release. I've added MetaGamer's patch for allowing an entire map to be exported, but I'm getting memory overflows in some cases. Note that you need to select the Advanced tab and choose the "ImageWriter" technique to test his new code. (Help messages in this regard will need to be added at some point; this is for testing only.)
skester wrote:has this issue been looked at?

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16057

Thanks,
Skester
I posted the answer two days ago in my 11:50PM post. :)
Zandel wrote:I am also interested in knowing if this issue has been resolved, or is planned for upcoming bug fixes.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14443

Thank you
Your answer is in the ChangeLog for b72.

(I could have just answered these questions directly, but that encourages people to ask questions that they could answer themselves. ;) No offense intended, guys!)

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

Thanks,

I wasn't entirely sure it was the same issue.

Skester

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

Azhrei wrote:Anyone who is using the source code build: please test the pre-b75 release. I've added MetaGamer's patch for allowing an entire map to be exported, but I'm getting memory overflows in some cases. Note that you need to select the Advanced tab and choose the "ImageWriter" technique to test his new code. (Help messages in this regard will need to be added at some point; this is for testing only.)
I always get this
error msg
java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
The method putContent(InputStream) in the type Location is not applicable for the arguments (ImageWriter, BufferedImage)
The method putContent(InputStream) in the type Location is not applicable for the arguments (ImageWriter, ZoneImageGenerator)

at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.ExportDialog.screenCapture(ExportDialog.java:615)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.ExportDialog.exportButtonAction(ExportDialog.java:534)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.ExportDialog.access$1(ExportDialog.java:493)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.ExportDialog$1.actionPerformed(ExportDialog.java:423)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:24)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Dialog$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.Dialog.show(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.show(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.setVisible(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Dialog.setVisible(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.ExportDialog.setVisible(ExportDialog.java:470)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.AppActions$2.execute(AppActions.java:201)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.AppActions$ClientAction.actionPerformed(AppActions.java:2623)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at de.muntjak.tinylookandfeel.TinyMenuItemUI.doClick(TinyMenuItemUI.java:571)
at de.muntjak.tinylookandfeel.TinyMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(TinyMenuItemUI.java:421)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:24)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
when i export. Tried many different campaign files.

EDIT: nevermind. It seemed my updating wasnt complete.

EDIT2: I got a map export but it was pretty broken (fragments of images in the wrong place, other images missing). And there was a huge black area around my painted map - does the export code any trimming?
I will test more...

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Azhrei wrote:Anyone who is using the source code build: please test the pre-b75 release. I've added MetaGamer's patch for allowing an entire map to be exported, but I'm getting memory overflows in some cases. Note that you need to select the Advanced tab and choose the "ImageWriter" technique to test his new code.
Did a couple dozen exports from both GM & Player clients in both modes with no errors produced. Except as noted below the maps were all correct.
  • The Fog hover help text is hosed.
  • Exporting GM View and just Fog selected produced a black image and not the current fog mask.
  • The Fog layer checkbox doesn't cause the export of a separate file as the hover help indicates but seems to just toggle whether or not the Fog layer is included in the rendered output.
  • The Visibility layer checkbox seems to be a toggle for showing a single (or selected?) tokens view or a party view and not saving the VBL as an image.
  • Disable Background Thread selection since it doesn't work.

Zandel
Giant

Post by Zandel »

Azhrei, thank you, I now know where to look, but I don't see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14443 listed there, maybe I am missing it or not reading them right

Thanks

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Azhrei wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:Will you get my fix for Phergus and Dorpond's issue? I also have a few updates to tokenMove.
Got your patch, Joe; it's been applied and will be in b75. It does look like those changes will take care of the IndividualViews thing not working. :?

Edit: Not working 100%. When I switch to PlayerView (without a server running), there are some changes to the map, but the solid fog doesn't come up until I zoom in/out using the mouse wheel. Could it be that Ctrl-Shift-P is calling a repaint method before it sets up everything needed by the renderer...? I guess comparing the re-rendering process used by Ctrl-Shift-P with the one used by the mouse wheel might show why one displays properly and the other doesn't...?

Wanted to get b75 out this evening, but working against a deadline. Now I'm shooting for tomorrow evening. :|
Ok.. I sent a patch for this and the GM FOW opacity view thing to Azhrei
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Got some "Spousal Duties" tonight and tomorrow, but should have some time during the day. I will apply Joe's latest patch (the GM_FOW patch) and commit to SVN right now. Then b75 will be tomorrow and will include that patch unless something obviously breaks during my testing. ;)

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Azhrei wrote:Got some "Spousal Duties" tonight and tomorrow, but should have some time during the day. I will apply Joe's latest patch (the GM_FOW patch) and commit to SVN right now. Then b75 will be tomorrow and will include that patch unless something obviously breaks during my testing. ;)
Question on builds and testing. From what I recall, the only thing that needs to be "fixed" when you build a local copy is the build.number file right? I assume nothing is uploaded anywhere correct? So, how about you do the build, make it available in a limited membership forum for the testers to check out for a few days and if it's good, move to the correct places for the zip and jnlp files. If problems that have to be fixed come up, just svn revert the build.number file, apply patches and redo.

Is that something that is possible with your current build process?
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

It would be nice to get it in a few more hands for testing before release.

Return to “Announcements”