MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 75

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 75

Post by Azhrei »

This is the "please baby, make it stop" development build of MapTool 1.3. :)

We are now at 1.3.b75 and the countdown to a cutoff of 1.3 development is looming.

Please test the heck out of this as we'd like to make this build -- or perhaps the next one -- the final "1.3 Final" release, finally. ;)

Check the Main Page of the wiki where you'll find the ChangeLog linked in the bottom right corner. I haven't kept as good a log as usual regarding the ChangeLog so if I mentioned something was fixed in a thread and you don't see it there, please mention it so I can check it out and update the wiki as necessary.

If you find any show-stopping bugs please post here as quickly as possible. In particular, there has been some weirdness with the new screenshot code but nothing I can nail down in a repeatable fashion. (Note that choosing "Entire Map" without also clicking on the Advanced tab and selecting "ImageWriter" will likely fail with a memory overflow. Once the ImageWriter code is known to work, the Advanced tab will go away as it won't be needed any more but for now...)

I have new builds of CharTool and InitTool to upload as well, but I'm still figuring out the process for them so be patient with me. :)

While I'm here I want to thank MetaGamer for his work on the new screenshot code. It's a lot of code and seems to be a good first shot; adding such a large amount of code to MapTool is a fair amount of work, especially since he had to tap into MapTool's rendering internals to do it and that's a hairy tangle of code.

And another thanks goes to whited. He's done some general cleanup patches and started to reorganize the bug tracker at SourceForge, but lately I've had him working on streamlining our build process. I hope to have some of this done by the end of the week.

Keep an eye out for another announcement from Craig right here in the same forum... 8)

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 75

Post by Cweord »

Any news on the fabled auto VBL?
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

and as usual: congrats with yet another step closer to the next step :wink:

btw, did the last patch of john make it into here? the onMultipleTokensMove handler, that I've tested thoroughly and did seem to work flawlesly?

edit: apparently it did, so I guess you forgot to mention it in the changelog
Last edited by wolph42 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

MetaGamer - add ability to export arbitrary size map screenshots; menu terminology still being discussed http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15325
MetaGamer - added the Map->Edit Map... menu option for changing map parameters (lots of testing needed here)
Ooooh ! Great news ! Thanks guys !
ImageImageImageImage

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Did Craig fix the cheat for die rolling? http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... at#p167889

I sent him PM on how it can be done.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

wolph42 wrote:and as usual: congrats with yet another step closer to the next step :wink:

btw, did the last patch of john make it into here? the onMultipleTokensMove handler, that I've tested thoroughly and did seem to work flawlesly?
Ummm who's John?
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

wolph42 wrote:edit: apparently it did, so I guess you forgot to mention it in the changelog
Oops, you're right. I'll let "John" fix the ChangeLog. You got that, John? ;)

(jfrazierjr is "Joe" instead of "John". But from now on I'm calling him John. 8))

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

aliasmask wrote:Did Craig fix the cheat for die rolling? http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... at#p167889

I sent him PM on how it can be done.
I do not see any commits by him into SVN. He'll need to address those fixes himself.

You can see commits for yourself by visiting this SourceForge page and then clicking on Craig's username in the bottom right, cwisniew. The list that comes up is all of his commits. Click on the revision number to see what the log message contains. You can also just look at the date to see when the commit happened. Since b74 came out on Sept 7th, he has committed any patches (his last commit was in June).

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Cweord wrote:Any news on the fabled auto VBL?
Doh, forgot that one. I will get that into SVN so that others can test it within the next few days; the patches are pretty old but hopefully they will merge okay. At that point it should make it into b76. (Oh, and it's only auto VBL for drawn textures and shapes, not tokens.)

I also have a change that will turn off TinyLAF which looks like it corrects a problem for those using an Asian font, but that needs more testing. And it will probably become dependent on the language encoding or something...

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

VBL for tokens, that could be complex, maybe if height makes it in to 1.4 :D
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Azhrei wrote:
wolph42 wrote:edit: apparently it did, so I guess you forgot to mention it in the changelog
Oops, you're right. I'll let "John" fix the ChangeLog. You got that, John? ;)

(jfrazierjr is "Joe" instead of "John". But from now on I'm calling him John. 8))
LOL I actually knew he was called Joe, but I just had a conversation with John... but your right life's way easier if they are all called John...

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I won't be able to play test for several weeks, but at a quick glance:

___ is Typing.
Still getting the messages with no name listed (mainly when a macro is run).

Visible to Owners Only
Not exposed to macros so unable to programatically change this...

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

lmarkus001 wrote:___ is Typing.
Still getting the messages with no name listed (mainly when a macro is run).
Bummer. I was hoping we had this one. :(
Visible to Owners Only
Are you sure? I think jfrazierjr had added some MTscript support. You might need to check his thread to see if the wiki docs have been added. If not, he's got some typing to do. ;)

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Azhrei wrote:
Visible to Owners Only
Are you sure? I think jfrazierjr had added some MTscript support. You might need to check his thread to see if the wiki docs have been added. If not, he's got some typing to do. ;)
Nope... didn't. To many balls in the air.. I focused on token move complete stuff for b75. Perhaps b76 it will be there...
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

sooo... did anyone already run some tests with it? I'm very anxious to move my FW into B75 so I can merge it with my work on J's ontokenmove macro. But I don't want to step into a b71 trap. So basically: is it save?
(I did some testing with ontokenmove in 75 and it's all peeches)

Return to “Announcements”