MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 75

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

LeopoldVonRanke
Giant

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 75

Post by LeopoldVonRanke »

I really am waiting for the semi-automated VBL drawing. Azhrei, will that make it into 76? That would be soooo coool....

Oh, and as far as I'm concerned, and for what it's worth: I would be completely fine to call this version feature complete after that. Just do some more debugging if there is anymore surfacing (such as in the VBL code or the image export), and call it final. Then progress - MapTool as it is right now is already fantastic. You've achieved quite something here with a free open-source tool.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now using Dolby Axon for RPG sessions.
(Forget Skype. Put your players into a 3D sound environment.)

heyes
Giant

Post by heyes »

LeopoldVonRanke wrote:I really am waiting for the semi-automated VBL drawing. Azhrei, will that make it into 76? That would be soooo coool....

Oh, and as far as I'm concerned, and for what it's worth: I would be completely fine to call this version feature complete after that. Just do some more debugging if there is anymore surfacing (such as in the VBL code or the image export), and call it final. Then progress - MapTool as it is right now is already fantastic. You've achieved quite something here with a free open-source tool.
Ditto.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

I would be happy to have the next release be the final, 1.3-no-other-suffix Release version. Actually, I figured the .b## was going to be dropped around b65, so it's long overdue.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

wolph42 wrote:sooo... did anyone already run some tests with it? I'm very anxious to move my FW into B75 so I can merge it with my work on J's ontokenmove macro. But I don't want to step into a b71 trap. So basically: is it save?
(I did some testing with ontokenmove in 75 and it's all peeches)
I've used b75 to work on a few things but not in game situation yet. No problems to report.
I plan to use it in game twice next week, I'll let you know.
ImageImageImageImage

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

wolph42 wrote:sooo... did anyone already run some tests with it?
Worked fine for our 6-hour session last night.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Phergus wrote:
wolph42 wrote:sooo... did anyone already run some tests with it?
Worked fine for our 6-hour session last night.
Natha wrote:
wolph42 wrote:sooo... did anyone already run some tests with it? I'm very anxious to move my FW into B75 so I can merge it with my work on J's ontokenmove macro. But I don't want to step into a b71 trap. So basically: is it save?
(I did some testing with ontokenmove in 75 and it's all peeches)
I've used b75 to work on a few things but not in game situation yet. No problems to report.
I plan to use it in game twice next week, I'll let you know.
thanks and GREAT NEWS!! my congrats to te dev team :!:

LeopoldVonRanke
Giant

Post by LeopoldVonRanke »

wolph42 wrote:
Just do Some more debugging...
roflmao
I know, that sounds ludicrous -- but as someone who has done extensive debugging on a server/client system himself, with over 120 updates of a self-developed game with over 200 players at one point, I thought I had earned the privilege to say that in earnest: After feature freeze it is fine to keep gathering bug reports for a set amount of time, then go for a last haul for fixing those bugs, pray there will be no killer bugs in your last release -- and move on. I wish this tool all the best it can be. I love it.
Now using Dolby Axon for RPG sessions.
(Forget Skype. Put your players into a 3D sound environment.)

LaserWolf
Dragon

Post by LaserWolf »

Template drawing issue still present in b75. It's bad enough to render the feature unusable for my players, unfortunately. :( I'm not sure how to recreate the issue, but if there's any way I can help isolate it I'm happy to pitch in.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

LaserWolf wrote:Template drawing issue still present in b75. It's bad enough to render the feature unusable for my players, unfortunately. :( I'm not sure how to recreate the issue, but if there's any way I can help isolate it I'm happy to pitch in.
Let me shift my focus and test this issue. If there is anything you can offer me to reproduce this, I will take it. Thanks!

[Edit: I tested and was unable to create any template drawing issue. Need more info.]
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

It may have to do with the whole high precision mouse thing that has caused some zooming issues. This is just a WAG, but could account for why it affects some people and not others.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

jfrazierjr wrote:It may have to do with the whole high precision mouse thing that has caused some zooming issues. This is just a WAG, but could account for why it affects some people and not others.
Yeah, didn't that issue pertain to certain Microsoft Mice and that we really had no clontrol over it?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

But I'm on a Mac using a Logitech mouse and I've seen it happen. It's a bug in MT, but I'm not sure where. I checked the mouse handlers and didn't see the x/y variables being screwed up anywhere. :?

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Azhrei wrote:But I'm on a Mac using a Logitech mouse and I've seen it happen. It's a bug in MT, but I'm not sure where. I checked the mouse handlers and didn't see the x/y variables being screwed up anywhere. :?
k, then thats not it. I have not had a chance to play in a few months, so in my limited testing have not seen it. Since Jay did some of the template code, perhaps he can take a quick look. It seems only be fairly recent builds that have this problem from what I have seen on the boards, so I wonder what changes may have inadvertently affected the templates(if any)
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Azhrei wrote:But I'm on a Mac using a Logitech mouse and I've seen it happen. It's a bug in MT, but I'm not sure where. I checked the mouse handlers and didn't see the x/y variables being screwed up anywhere. :?
I am currently using a Logitech Wheel Mouse, Model: M-BD58
Works fine on my Windblows 7, 64 bit PC.

Do you know what version this broke?
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Return to “Announcements”