MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 76

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 76

Post by Azhrei »

This is the "we're so close I can taste it" build of MapTool 1.3.

In other words, we will probably have a b77 and then we'll be done for awhile.

You'll find the ChangeLog linked from the Main Page of the wiki (look in the bottom right corner).

There were quite a few bug fixes in this build and some features that were only a gleam in Joe's eye a few builds back are now coming to fruition. He has yet one more big item in the works that will need extensive testing prior to us releasing it for general consumption. If you're interested in trying out "bleeding edge" code look for his Calling All Volunteers thread in the MapTool forum.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 76

Post by wolph42 »

as usual congrats to the dev team with yet another step closer to 1.4!
Az I noticed you stopped making any remarks on the main page about the release, other then "New bug fix release of MapTool is available. ", have you've given up hope? :mrgreen:

@which item of Joe are you referring at? The timer?

JonathanTheBlack
Dragon

Post by JonathanTheBlack »

I wish the changelog was posted on the forums. I can't access the wiki at work. :D

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

Maybe I'm allowed to post a copy of the changelog here... let me try
1.3b76 (released 2010-10-21)
  • Added cleanup after saving resources (should help with "too many open files" error and with .maptool/tmp not being cleaned up properly)
  • The "Test Connection" button has been replaced with the "Network Help" button
  • The long-standing bug where the border around a selected token is drawn outside the map window is fixed!
  • Fixed Un*x start scripts to use JAVA_HOME if set; also fixed a typo in those scripts
  • jay - init panel no longer loses tokens that are dropped "outside" the area of the list
  • jfrazierjr/Rumble - fix for the "jumping template" bug; lots of testing needed
  • jfrazierjr - MTscript functions for FoW manipulation (exposeFOW() and exportPCAreaOnly()) http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 50#p173912
  • jfrazierjr - Ignore client Preferences for FoW revealing
  • jfrazierjr - patch for ownerVisibleOnly setting on tokens
  • jfrazierjr - add movement metric to Start Server dialog to force it onto clients
  • jfrazierjr - added Lock Token Movement to the server policy(internal to the code) so that newly connected clients will get the value of the server's menu item checkbox.
  • jfrazierjr - added new move function: getMoveCount(). This gets the last movement count in units using the movement metric defined by the server(see above for new server setting)
  • jfrazierjr - fixed path not showing to players when Use Individual Views is selected for tokens they do not own. http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16451
  • CoveredInFish - patch to add timeInMs and timeDate to the getInfo() MTscript function
  • Rumble - Selection Panel no longer repaints itself if it is not visible (performance improvement)
  • Rumble - building on the previous one, a new internal event was added that only fires on macro change which also speeds things up
  • patoace - new Spanish translation file
I think my second path isnt listed: you can now disable the appearance of the macroLink-tooltips in the chatwindow. (the patch did miake it, didnt it?)

JonathanTheBlack
Dragon

Post by JonathanTheBlack »

Thanks Fish!
The long-standing bug where the border around a selected token is drawn outside the map window is fixed!
I think this one makes me happier than anything else!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

AWESOME THANKS!

My players were surprised with the individual fogs in b75 and overall I liked that addition. These b76 patches should make it work even better!

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

lmarkus001 wrote: These b76 patches should make it work even better!
ie, i will make it work. The above was a mistake and was NOT correct. It has been removed in b76 since it was not implemented correctly. With that said, I am also working on doing "the right way". I may or may not get it working<shrug>
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

CoveredInFish wrote:I think my second path isnt listed: you can now disable the appearance of the macroLink-tooltips in the chatwindow. (the patch did miake it, didnt it?)
Oops, you're right -- it's there! I checked the commit log for MapTool and found it at revision 5418. Just another example of my missing a patch for the ChangeLog. :(

Feel free to update the ChangeLog and give it what you consider a good description. :)

Gringoire
Cave Troll

Post by Gringoire »

no new italian translation?? (not mentioned in changelog) do you have forgotten this?? :'( i'm crying for that!
La nuova Era - Sito italiano dedicato a MapTool e D&D 4th edition.
Gringoire's FrameWork Il primo e unico FrameWork completamente italiano, sviluppato da un italiano.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Gringoire wrote:no new italian translation?? (not mentioned in changelog) do you have forgotten this?? :'( i'm crying for that!
Sorry! The last Italian translation I have a record of was form June 27th for inclusion in b72. If there's one more recent than that, please send it along (as a PM or an email). Thanks!

LeopoldVonRanke
Giant

Post by LeopoldVonRanke »

Notes on 1.3.b76:

-Still some errors in German translation I corrected previously, even though I made all corrections back after b72 and sent them to Azhrei; "Tables" are translated in the menus into German as "Desks" rather than tables. Furthermore the actual tables window now has no German whatsoever in it, as if the translation has been deleted.

-The new menu items haven't been localised yet for German, "Edit Map" and "Adjust Map Board..." are just that. I humbly suggest "Karte bearbeiten" for Edit Map, and "Kartenbild anpassen" for Adjust Map Board. I have to admit though I am not quite sure the designation "Map Board" is intuitive.

-tested exposeFOW() and works flawlessly here (Mac OS X 10.5.8).

-still no VBL drawing code added? I was so hoping for that... any news on that front, Azhrei?

Don't get me wrong though: Overall great work! Thanks!

Regards

Leo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now using Dolby Axon for RPG sessions.
(Forget Skype. Put your players into a 3D sound environment.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

LeopoldVonRanke wrote:Notes on 1.3.b76:

-Still some errors in German translation I corrected previously, even though I made all corrections back after b72 and sent them to Azhrei; "Tables" are translated in the menus into German as "Desks" rather than tables. Furthermore the actual tables window now has no German whatsoever in it, as if the translation has been deleted.
Hm, I don't know what happened. The file you sent was in my b74 folder (meaning it should've been included in b74) but I checked the commit log and there's nothing there about it. And your file is about 2k larger than the existing one, so it obviously was never checked in. :?

In any case, I've done that now so it will be in b77. :|
-The new menu items haven't been localised yet for German, "Edit Map" and "Adjust Map Board..." are just that. I humbly suggest "Karte bearbeiten" for Edit Map, and "Kartenbild anpassen" for Adjust Map Board. I have to admit though I am not quite sure the designation "Map Board" is intuitive.
Correct. I'm still waiting to hear from users about whether these features work. If they do, I'll externalize those strings and add them to the i18n files. If there are revisions needed for this patch then doing a lot of translation work seems premature.

Joe, can you have your testers give some lovin' to the new map features? They are File>Export>As Screenshot and Map>Edit Map.... Thanks.
-still no VBL drawing code added? I was so hoping for that... any news on that front, Azhrei?
Well, I'm really focused on fixing existing problems rather than adding new code. I had told gioppo a long time ago that I'd get to his patches but they were quite extensive and smaller projects jumped in front. So I'm sorry, gioppo! :(

I'll take a look at them again this weekend and see if they can't make it into b77. I expect b77 will be after Nov 7th since I'm working long days for the next two weeks and what time I do have for MT will be focused on getting the Mac dmg file creation automated since it has an interactive step right now. :(

Edit: Oh, and I've also updated the Italian translation. Thank you, Gringoire!

gioppo
Giant

Post by gioppo »

Azhrei wrote: Well, I'm really focused on fixing existing problems rather than adding new code. I had told gioppo a long time ago that I'd get to his patches but they were quite extensive and smaller projects jumped in front. So I'm sorry, gioppo! :(

I'll take a look at them again this weekend and see if they can't make it into b77. I expect b77 will be after Nov 7th since I'm working long days for the next two weeks and what time I do have for MT will be focused on getting the Mac dmg file creation automated since it has an interactive step right now. :(
Do not worry, if there is something I can do to further help let me know.
Luca

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

gioppo wrote:Do not worry, if there is something I can do to further help let me know.
Luca
Thanks, gioppo! If you have the chance to update to the latest SVN and then send me another patch, that would help greatly. It would save me from having to merge the older code and resolve any conflicts that might come up.

Thanks!

(I'm currently trying to figure out the drag/drop bug on Linux. I've gotten into the guts of it and I don't understand why it doesn't work, so I'm asking for help from some of the other contributors. Maybe they know something about the problem I've detected. But I can at least recreate the problem so that's a good start.)

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Lucas? Does your code touch :zonerenderer, zoneview, or zone? I am working on something largish that we may need to coordinate so as to not step on each others toes.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Return to “Announcements”