Initiative Tool Build 10 Now Available

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

jay
RPTools Team

Initiative Tool Build 10 Now Available

Post by jay »

A new version of IT is available. This is just a bug fix:
  • Added MT's EventQueue logger & exception output dialog.
  • Updated to the 2.7.3 JIDE libs
  • Updated database support to have a different database for each game settings file.

Ayronis
Kobold

Re: Initiative Tool Build 10 Now Available

Post by Ayronis »

Hi Jay,

Sorry for the trouble, but Inittool now freezes at the load screen on all three of my computers, regardless of whether I download the JNLP file or run it directly from the launch page. In fact, I haven't been able to run a development version of Inittool ever because of this. We discussed it a year ago here:
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11689

It doesn't cause me any trouble because the stable release (1.0.B24) works fine, but I figured I would mention it again in case it was forgotten.

Thanks for all your hard work, in any event. I love RPTools products and use them intensely in my group so I appreciate all you guys do.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I've still not found anything to cause this. Have you tried downloading the zip file from here? When you get the file, unzip it and there should be a windows batch file and a linux shell script you can use to start the application. See if that is any better.

Ayronis
Kobold

Post by Ayronis »

Thanks Jay. Yeah, that works. I guess it is only when I try the "Launch" links that it fails to load.

Unfortunately, the new version doesn't seem to recognize the older formats (InitTool Default D&D format). It preserves the names of the entries in my groups, but it zeros all their values. Is there any way to update the data with the old version so it can be read in the new one?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Azhrei just updated all of the default game settings files available from the site. Take a look and see if you want to update to them.

Code: Select all

Release 4 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D&D 4e v4:
  * Fixed bug where the printing of attack and damage areas wasn't working correctly.
  * Fixed bug where weapon proficiency was being added to an implement power's attack bonus
  * Added support for implement expertise
  * Fixed bug where power code was not typing acid damage.
  * Set database name
  * Fixed bug where feats that applied to a group were not working on weapons with more than one group.

D&D 4e Player's Handbook 2 v2:
  * Added support for implement expertise
  * Added sorcerer class and level 1 powers

d20 3.5 v3
  * Fixed bug in property map where the default value of a map was set on the property declaration instead.
  * Set database name

Savage Worlds v3:
  * Fixed bug in property map where the default value of a map was set on the property declaration instead.
  * Set database name

Pathfinder v2:
  * Fixed XML data bug in class database.
  * Set database name

CinEpic v3:
  * Deleted by request of owner.

DSA 4.1 v3:
  * Fixed wrong game names across all the files.
  * Set database name

Gurps v3:
  * Set database name

Hero v3:
  * Set database name

D&D 4e Adventurer's Vault v1:
  * Added Bloodclaw, Fullblade & Iron Armbands of Power 

D&D 4e Primal Power v1:
  * Added some barbarian powers: Howl of Fury, Brutal Slam, Relentless Surge

Return to “Announcements”