MapTool ALPHA Build 106 Release Notes

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool ALPHA Build 106 Release Notes

Post by trevor »

Ok everybody, getting close. This release focuses on some of the minor UI tweaks that people have found.

Of particular note it he performance update for fog of war. By default it will use a non-translucent strategy which is pretty fast but not quite as pretty. You can turn on the translucent version by clicking on the View->Toggle Translucent Fog menu item.

Please try it out and let me know if you have any problems with it.

Build 106
* Make About dialog bigger to fit the content better
* Disallow token cycling when dragging tokens
* Measure tool now uses spacebar to set waypoints
* Fix path rendering for small tokens
* Performance tweaks for dragging
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

giliath
RPTools Founder

Post by giliath »

This is a very critical update, because we are only 3 change requests away from a 1.0 release candidate. We need as many people hitting this version as possible so that we can make sure we have every major base covered for a 1.0 release.
~Giliath

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Huge creature breadcrumbs/waypoints aren't on the path line.

When I stack a huge creature on a medium or small creature and double click to bring up the token panel, it pops up then goes away instantly.

Fog of war still gets its erase and grid snap options from the draw popup so if you set it there, you have to go back and unset it there as well.

Other than that it looks great.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

trevor

Post by trevor »

RPTroll wrote:Huge creature breadcrumbs/waypoints aren't on the path line.

When I stack a huge creature on a medium or small creature and double click to bring up the token panel, it pops up then goes away instantly.
These are actually two of the final three issues :) So glad we're on the same page.
RPTroll wrote: Fog of war still gets its erase and grid snap options from the draw popup so if you set it there, you have to go back and unset it there as well.
I see about getting that tweaked.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

trevor wrote:
RPTroll wrote: Fog of war still gets its erase and grid snap options from the draw popup so if you set it there, you have to go back and unset it there as well.
I see about getting that tweaked.
WHy not just let the draw panel pop up for FoW tool? This adds some extraneous buttons (gray out the colors?) but it would probably not be two hard and it lets crazies like me change the color of the FoW draw border. I can't see how this would hurt.
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Any objects to keeping the draw panel open on the fow tools ?

chrobry
Cave Troll

Did some testing

Post by chrobry »

trevor wrote:Any objects to keeping the draw panel open on the fow tools ?
First of all, my first time using this tool is coming up. Only 3 days away from show time!

However I did some testing. The token speed increase is very noticible. Personally I don't much notice the difference between the "pretty" pathing and fast pathing, so I am not missing much there. Everything seems to be moving a bit smoother.. which is great!

When you try to use waypoint the slowdown is significant and it becomes a bit choppy, but not unmenagable.

Right now the only objection I have is that in the options, the wording doesn't change. Therefore you don't know if the section been selected or not.

As to extra tool. Well for my purposes a ability to go "full screen" would be great, since I will be displaying this on second monitor (and then later on, using a projector). On the "DM" portion of the tool, sure the drawing tools are great!

Keep up the great work!!!!!

trevor

Re: Did some testing

Post by trevor »

chrobry wrote: When you try to use waypoint the slowdown is significant and it becomes a bit choppy, but not unmenagable.
Weird, I'll take a look.
chrobry wrote:Right now the only objection I have is that in the options, the wording doesn't change. Therefore you don't know if the section been selected or not.
I agree. Many of those should actually be in a preferences panel. I'm going to fix those guys up over the next couple days.
chrobry wrote:As to extra tool. Well for my purposes a ability to go "full screen" would be great, since I will be displaying this on second monitor (and then later on, using a projector). On the "DM" portion of the tool, sure the drawing tools are great!
You're in luck, this is in the first set of features to be implemented for 1.1 :)

Post by Guest »

trevor wrote:Any objects to keeping the draw panel open on the fow tools ?
Well, yes and no.

As a programmer it makes perfect sense to me to use the draw tool as part of fog of war.

Now for the user side: As a user my fear is it would be a little confusing to have all those options.

Return to “Announcements”