MapTool 1.3 Release Candidate Build 80 (1.3-RC3)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

MapTool 1.3 Release Candidate Build 80 (1.3-RC3)

Post by Azhrei »

This is the "oooone moooooore tiiiiiiime" build of MapTool 1.3. :roll:

This build is Release Candidate 3 for 1.3 Final. The rest of this announcement is identical to the b78 announcement.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: MapTool 1.3 Release Candidate Build 80 (1.3-RC3)

Post by aliasmask »

Thank you, thank you, thank you. copyToken works like a charm for hexes now.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

erm... congrats as usuall... and erm build 80?!?, last time I checked (which I think was 3 days ago, but maybe I didn't look very well) it was still b77. So what the hell happened?

edit: just checked the wiki and I see what has happened. Two things:
- I think you forgot to mention that you fixed the fontsize *bug* in b78 (which I was whining about)
- the 'individual fog turned off', does that mean its turned off in the settings (and you can turn it on by choice) or has it been disabled entirely? (I know I can run an instance of MT, but currently not at or near a PC where that's possible).

rwg
Kobold

Post by rwg »

I have seen a few messages here and there regarding the failure to click on links bug. It's been around a while.
In playing around it seems to me that if the XY mouse position on mouse down differs from the mouse up position that is when the link fails to activate.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Wolph, it looks like the "individual fog turned off" thing doesn't mean they've disabled that feature (if you look in the Server Settings, it's still there), so I'm guessing it means Individual Fog will now also do something even if Vision is disabled for the map.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Rumble wrote:Wolph, it looks like the "individual fog turned off" thing doesn't mean they've disabled that feature (if you look in the Server Settings, it's still there), so I'm guessing it means Individual Fog will now also do something even if Vision is disabled for the map.
Kind of means the opposite actually. The problem was that on maps with Vision disabled, player tokens dropped on a map with manually revealed Fog couldn't see anything and with Vision disabled couldn't do individual exposes.

So on maps with Vision disabled (i.e. not set to Day or Night) and manually revealed Fog areas the player tokens will be able to see in those areas.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

rwg wrote:I have seen a few messages here and there regarding the failure to click on links bug. It's been around a while.
In playing around it seems to me that if the XY mouse position on mouse down differs from the mouse up position that is when the link fails to activate.
Yeah, I believe this is caused by the way the HTML bounding box works in the built-in HTML of Swing (the Java GUI library).

Won't be fixed in 1.3. And until Oracle revamps the HTML layer, this likely won't change.

logopolis
Giant

Post by logopolis »

I have noticed that the macro button colours have changed in build 1.3b80.

I assume this was implemented to make the button colours more distinct for colour-blind users?

Unfortunately, the new colours are less distinct and don't look as nice for non-colour-blind users. It's good functionality to have, but the alternate button colour scheme should be a configurable option in the Preferences menu.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

logopolis wrote:I have noticed that the macro button colours have changed in build 1.3b80.

I assume this was implemented to make the button colours more distinct for colour-blind users?

Unfortunately, the new colours are less distinct and don't look as nice for non-colour-blind users. It's good functionality to have, but the alternate button colour scheme should be a configurable option in the Preferences menu.
Wow, they sure have changed. That will require a change to my frameworks (the new green - which I like - is much darker; my fonts will have to change to compensate).

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Rumble wrote:Wow, they sure have changed. That will require a change to my frameworks (the new green - which I like - is much darker; my fonts will have to change to compensate).
Yes, they are now the HTML "web standard" colors, not the funky built-in Java colors.

Note that you can create your own using the #ff00ff syntax used by CSS. Values you add that are not already in the list will be added and will show up in the dropdown box for other macros. Ditto for font colors.

suntzu777
Cave Troll

Post by suntzu777 »

i have a campaign that i have been running with 1.3r77 ,this has been running fine apart from the odd crash , however when i load this campaign into r79 or r80 the lib.4e token from rumble's 5.0.7 framework duplicates itself onto my campaign map and brings up an error in the chat window , saying "Error running onCampaignLoad on Lib:4e : Duplicate Lib:4e tokens found." twice
i have deleted the offending token but after a save and reload the offending token reappears , no other tokens seam to be effected

also i have found that my map does not import which previously did under r77

Rob
Last edited by suntzu777 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benz72
Giant

Post by Benz72 »

So when is the cutoff date?

A sincere Good Luck on this build being THE ONE, and thanks to all for your efforts.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Azhrei wrote:
Rumble wrote:Wow, they sure have changed. That will require a change to my frameworks (the new green - which I like - is much darker; my fonts will have to change to compensate).
Yes, they are no the HTML "web standard" colors, not the funky built-in Java colors.

Note that you can create your own using the #ff00ff syntax used by CSS. Values you add that are not already in the list will be added and will show up in the dropdown box for other macros. Ditto for font colors.
Dude, sweet.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

suntzu777 wrote:i have deleted the offending token but after a save and reload the offending token reappears , no other tokens seam to be effected
See this post.
also i have found that my map does not import which previously did under r77
That's not enough information to help you find a solution. 8)
Benz72 wrote:So when is the cutoff date?
RSN.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Azhrei wrote:
suntzu777 wrote:i have deleted the offending token but after a save and reload the offending token reappears , no other tokens seam to be effected
See this post.
Experienced this last night using b80 for a session using an existing campaign.

Testing today reveals the following:

* Loading the campaign does not generate any errors or duplicated tokens.

* Starting a server causes the lib token to be duplicated but no error message at that point. The duplicated token ends up on whichever map that is displayed when the server stops.

* Disconnecting (i.e. stopping the server) at that point does generate the error message as the personal server is restarted.

Code: Select all

Error running onCampaignLoad on Lib:inventory : Duplicate Lib:inventory tokens found.
The onCampaignLoad macro had the following two lines:

Code: Select all

[h: assetid = getTokenImage()]
[h: setLibProperty("ImgID", assetid, getMacroLocation())]
Removing the second line stops the duplication and thus the errors.

Return to “Announcements”