MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 78 (1.3-RC1)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 78 (1.3-RC1)

Post by Azhrei »

This is the "couldn't happen soon enough" build of MapTool 1.3. :roll:

This build is Release Candidate 1 for 1.3 Final. I would like to collect (and fix) any remaining major bugs and then do a final build around the middle of next week. When that happens, the focus will change to 1.4 and 1.3 will only see a new build if some major problem appears.

You'll find the ChangeLog linked from the Main Page of the wiki (look in the bottom right corner). In particular we have not been receiving a significant number of status reports one way or another on jfrazierjr's new Individual Views and Individual Fog patches. So please stress test that area and let us know what you think. If we don't hear about it soon, it likely will drop in priority once we start on 1.4.

I believe I lost some of the minor fixes (small things like typos and such) from the ChangeLog so if you see a post somewhere that says "this is fixed in b78" and it's not listed in the ChangeLog please let me know here and I'll confirm it and update the log. Thanks for your help in this regard. :)

There have been quite a few updates to MTscript (more stringent checks on number of parameters, better handling of parameters, and so on) so please verify that your scripts still work the same way. You may want to review the ChangeLog for both builds 77 and 78 if you haven't used a recent build of MT lately.

We have also had a new Russian translation donated, and the Polish translation has been updated. Credit goes to Lukasz and St.Legion; see the credits in MapTool for more information.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 78 (1.3-RC1)

Post by aliasmask »

I can't load any of my campaigns.

"Cannot determine campaign file format; not loaded"
||| Popup |||
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (54.57 KiB) Viewed 4067 times
Attachments
askGMtest.cmpgn
(83.32 KiB) Downloaded 179 times

aku
Dragon

Post by aku »

Doesnt look like externalization made it in yet? Are you wanting to get that in before you call 1.3 "final final" or just keep it "hidden updated" so as people translate, it might be updated as they work on it?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

aliasmask wrote:I can't load any of my campaigns.

"Cannot determine campaign file format; not loaded"
||| Popup |||
Image1.jpg
Hm, I'll take a look. But if you can't load a campaign that's a major problem. I've taken down the links to b78 until I can look into this.

Thanks for the quick test, and the campaign attachment.

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

*excited anticipation*

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Okay, got it fixed. It had to do with my attempt to make older tokens saved in RPTOK format be readable. There was a bug introduced back in the early b70's that prevented it. I'm going to upload a new one right now and it'll be b79. Oh well; RC1 had a short life. :roll:

For testing purposes I tried campaigns saved as far back as 1.3b48, back in Feb 2009. I tried b50, b54, b56, b60, b61, and b63 campaigns as well. Hopefully everything will load in b79. :) I did not try a variety of RPTOK files from those older versions as I don't seem to have any handy, but it'd be great if others could try them.

Return to “Announcements”