MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 77

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 77

Post by Azhrei »

This is the "boy I hope it's over" build of MapTool 1.3.

We will probably have a b78 bug fix release before Dec 18th and then the developers will turn their focus entirely towards 1.4. (Actually, some have already done that while the others try to get things cleaned up a bit for 1.3.)

You'll find the ChangeLog linked from the Main Page of the wiki (look in the bottom right corner).

There have been quite a few updates to MTscript (new functions, new parameters to existing functions) so please verify that your scripts still work the same way. There have been some concerns voiced over the update parameter to Wiki: copyToken() in particular. Specific reports would be appreciated.

We have also had a new Polish translation donated, although it's not 100% done yet.

If you're interested in trying out "bleeding edge" code look for jfrazierjr's Calling All Volunteers thread in the MapTool forum.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 77

Post by aliasmask »

I'm doing something now that will test out Wiki: copyToken() image assets. I'm building a map from a table rather than actual tokens. I'll have my base blank token to copy from though. I'll post my test campaign after getting it all done.

Tsriel
Cave Troll

Post by Tsriel »

Exciting stuff! :goes to download:

thecyberwolfe
Dragon

Post by thecyberwolfe »

Launch error.

Code: Select all

com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Found unsigned entry in resource: http://download.rptools.net/lib.php/rplib-1.0.b125.jar
	at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.getCommonCodeSignersForJar(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.check(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResources(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareResources(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareAllResources(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
The Cyberwolfe
----------------
Them: "Name one thing a PC can do that a Mac can't!"
Me: "Right-click."

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Few things missing from the Change log:
Added code to save token to rptok based on token's name
Preference to suppress init message.
canSeeToken() function
chat notification color save fix(did not save color upon restart)

I am sure there are a few other things, but can't think of them off the top of my head.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

On BIG change in this release is the ability to have FULLY individual FOW views. When the server is set up properly, each token will have their own FOW(the GM can add/remove FOW from all, one, or multiple tokens using the FOW tools depending on what is selected as needed). This is a big boon for certain styles of wargames(especially when combined with the newish player visible only feature added a few builds ago).

Also, the GM now has FULL, 100% control (at the start server screen) over if the players can reveal vision on move. The GM can optionally reveal PC vision on movement based on their preference setting(turning on/off as needed in the Preferences).
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

mwjones10
Cave Troll

Post by mwjones10 »

jfrazierjr wrote:On BIG change in this release is the ability to have FULLY individual FOW views. When the server is set up properly, each token will have their own FOW(the GM can add/remove FOW from all, one, or multiple tokens using the FOW tools depending on what is selected as needed). This is a big boon for certain styles of wargames(especially when combined with the newish player visible only feature added a few builds ago).

Also, the GM now has FULL, 100% control (at the start server screen) over if the players can reveal vision on move. The GM can optionally reveal PC vision on movement based on their preference setting(turning on/off as needed in the Preferences).
Is there an option to trace line of sight from all corners of the token instead of the center? Great job by the way!
Characters:
EPIC
Sacromus
Nozragorum
PARAGON
Luminos
Mentok
Morthos Char
Blitz
Deshric
Bazriel
Grahl
Izzrak
HEROIC
Mike Oxevy
Thorlief
Grimnoft Ironfist
Kelric
Clef Anders
Kelend Ventrue

CS responses

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

mwjones10 wrote: Is there an option to trace line of sight from all corners of the token instead of the center? Great job by the way!
Nope... I will say... there are no plans to do such in 1.3 as of right this minute(it could change tomorrow..lol)

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

jfrazierjr wrote: Nope... I will say... there are no plans to do such in 1.3 as of right this minute(it could change tomorrow..lol)
"it could change tomorrow"? Some how that doesn't seem very compatible with a feature freeze.

patoace
Dragon

Post by patoace »

thecyberwolfe wrote:Launch error.
Same error here.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Okay, I think I've got that fixed. Somehow the rplib file wasn't signed prior to being uploaded? No idea how that happened, but I've added a separate entry to the build script so that if it happens again it'll be easy to fix. :)

thecyberwolfe
Dragon

Post by thecyberwolfe »

Azhrei wrote:Okay, I think I've got that (launch error) fixed.
Confirmed - worked for me, anyways.
The Cyberwolfe
----------------
Them: "Name one thing a PC can do that a Mac can't!"
Me: "Right-click."

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Azhrei wrote:Okay, I think I've got that fixed. Somehow the rplib file wasn't signed prior to being uploaded? No idea how that happened, but I've added a separate entry to the build script so that if it happens again it'll be easy to fix. :)
just curious.. if im to download b77 now, will I (possibly) encounter that problem or is it fixed in the current download? (or will it be fixed in b78?)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

wolph42 wrote:just curious.. if im to download b77 now, will I (possibly) encounter that problem or is it fixed in the current download? (or will it be fixed in b78?)
Um, this only applies to the Web Start. Only the Web Start version uses signed applets (unsigned applets are not allowed to write to the local hard drive).

Iow, this doesn't affect the downloaded ZIP version at all.

Return to “Announcements”