MapTool 1.3 Release Candidate Build 80 (1.3-RC3)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Rumble
Deity

Re: Bug: Library token duplication

Post by Rumble »

The Schnibble wrote:
Azhrei wrote:... as part of the onCampaignLoad macro execution.
Or at any other time?

I tried typing [setLibProperty("MyProp",1,"Lib:MyLib")] in the chat window while positioned on another map than the one my test library was located, and it duplicated too. The phenomenon seems not to be related to the onLoadCampaign macro.

I only tried library tokens, though, so I didn't know that it happened with any token.
That would support reports I'd received about one of my frameworks: they were getting duplicated Lib:tokens although my onCampaignLoads don't make use of the suspected functions (or they make use of one call, but it's the right one, or whatever).

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

Rumble wrote: That would support reports I'd received about one of my frameworks: they were getting duplicated Lib:tokens although my onCampaignLoads don't make use of the suspected functions (or they make use of one call, but it's the right one, or whatever).
Yep, spoilt my last game using your slim framework. Hopefully this'll get sorted with b81!!
D&D qualities are related inversely to those of Poker... and I love both.
http://www.yorkpoker.co.uk

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

The Schnibble wrote:
Azhrei wrote:... as part of the onCampaignLoad macro execution.
Or at any other time?
Yes. I was simplifying. :|

It happens whenever Wiki: setLibProperty() is called on a Lib: token from a macro that is either (a) on the Campaign panel and the current map is not the one containing the Lib: token, or (b) on a Lib: token on a map that is not the current map and an access is made to a Lib: token on a different map.

In any case, this is fixed in tonight's build. (Wanted to get b81 out last night but RL interfered. It'll be tonight now.)

However, there are other issues. aliasmask said he had similar problems with Wiki: setProperty(), for example. I created a test campaign in which the onCampaignLoad used Wiki: setProperty() on an ordinary token. It functioned properly when the token was on the same map (it updated the property), when the token was on another map (it generated an error), and when the token appeared with the same name on two maps (it updated the one on the current map). No duplication occurred. I tested this with the campaign file saved with each map as the current one (since the current one is restored when a campaign is loaded and I wanted to test running oCL when the Lib: token was not on the current map).

If anyone has a campaign which demonstrates the problem for other MTscript functions, I'd like to have a copy. Please post a link where I can download it. Please reduce it to the smallest possible example that demonstrates the problem.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Azhrei wrote:If anyone has a campaign which demonstrates the problem for other MTscript functions, I'd like to have a copy. Please post a link where I can download it. Please reduce it to the smallest possible example that demonstrates the problem.
No replies in the last few days, so I'm going to consider this closed for now.

Return to “Announcements”