MapTool 1.3 Release Candidate Build 80 (1.3-RC3)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Phergus
Deity

Re: MapTool 1.3 Release Candidate Build 80 (1.3-RC3)

Post by Phergus »

Azhrei wrote:
Benz72 wrote:So when is the cutoff date?
RSN.
A Chaos Manor reader?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I've narrowed it down to the build version. Problem started in b79. Since that has only 1 fix, there is something with that fix that is causing this.

Below I have a campaign with 1 lib token on one map and the campaign saved on second map. So, when you load it with version b76 or b77 there is no problem, but once you get to b79 the duplication begins. The token has 1 macro (onCampaignLoad) that writes to itself.

I know this used to be an issue before when starting a server back with b63, but that problem went away when I started using b69.
test.cmpgn
(36.66 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
I just added another macro called "delay" where I set the lib value there and call it from onCampaignLoad with an execLink deferral. It still duplicates, but doesn't give the duplication error message.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

aliasmask wrote:I've narrowed it down to the build version. Problem started in b79. Since that has only 1 fix, there is something with that fix that is causing this.
Except that revision 5503 was b77 and revision 5529 was b79 (you're forgetting about b78). So there are ~25 patches to check.

A first glance over the commit comments doesn't cause anything to jump out at me. I'm probably going to do a compare of everything from 5503 to current and look at all code related to MTscript functions.

This may take awhile so I might not have b81 out tonight (I also want to put the settings for exported screenshots back into the campaign object so it gets saved; or at least add it to the campaign file).

Thanks for the test campaign. I'll load it right now with b77 and b80 and have a look at the results.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Okay, found it. A simple typo in a variable name in the code that handles Wiki: setLibProperty(), but it didn't cause a compile-time error because a variable by that name really did exist.

Sigh. :roll:

This is fixed in b81.

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

When is 81 scheduled for release Azhrei? :)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Azhrei wrote:Okay, found it. A simple typo in a variable name in the code that handles Wiki: setLibProperty(), but it didn't cause a compile-time error because a variable by that name really did exist.

Sigh. :roll:

This is fixed in b81.
Did you test it? I think the same thing happens when using setProperty and using a property by it's name in an assignment. Also, I think goto also causes the duplication. I'll go ahead and check those now to confirm.

edit: Okay, tested Wiki: setProperty() and that causes a duplicate token. If you add the id to the params, the token is not found. Updating the property by name also causes a duplication. goto does not cause a duplication.

Azinctus
Giant

Post by Azinctus »

The individual fog of war didn't work too well in my test session tonight. One PC token was occasionally revealing fog for three other players. The flaw was inconsistent, it would only reveal occasionally and we couldn't pin down why it was happening or which action if any triggered the snapshot.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Azinctus wrote:The individual fog of war didn't work too well in my test session tonight. One PC token was occasionally revealing fog for three other players. The flaw was inconsistent, it would only reveal occasionally and we couldn't pin down why it was happening or which action if any triggered the snapshot.
Do you have the saved campaign file? Did you look at token ownerships?
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

aliasmask wrote:Did you test it? I think the same thing happens when using setProperty and using a property by it's name in an assignment. Also, I think goto also causes the duplication. I'll go ahead and check those now to confirm.
Ah. I did test setLibProperty and I looked at the other code within that same source file that used similar strategies. But setProperty is in a separate file so I wouldn't have looked at that.

Your idea about updating a property by name is a good one; that's in the parser so it's a completely different library of code.

Interesting that adding the token id causes "token not found". Not sure why that would be. :? I'll look at it.
jsharen wrote:When is 81 scheduled for release Azhrei? :)
Well, I was going to shoot for last night but I had some stuff happen IRL that prevented it. I will try to get it done late tonight after I look into these issues.

Mrugnak
Dragon

Post by Mrugnak »

I'm able to consistently provoke an "Unexpected error has occured" message by middle-clicking on a token I own in this build. I haven't noticed this before now but it could be just good luck - I keep trying to navigate in MT like I do in Blender.

Once the error pops up, I can continue playing without any problems I've noticed yet.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Azhrei wrote:Interesting that adding the token id causes "token not found". Not sure why that would be. :? I'll look at it.
I figured because the lib token was on a different map, using setProperty only looks at current map ids, but it is funny that using no id doesn't do the same thing.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Mrugnak wrote:I'm able to consistently provoke an "Unexpected error has occured" message by middle-clicking on a token I own in this build.
Please post the stacktrace. That will identify the point of the error. You can find it in your log.txt. Thanks.

Azinctus
Giant

Post by Azinctus »

dorpond wrote:
Azinctus wrote:The individual fog of war didn't work too well in my test session tonight.
Do you have the saved campaign file? Did you look at token ownerships?
I checked token ownerships carefully. There was one, different, owner for each token. The campaign file is over 70 MB so I'll need to cut it down before I can post the relevant map. I will upload the campaign file in due course.

Azinctus
Giant

Post by Azinctus »

Here is a link http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Az ... cmpgn.html to my campaign file.

On the map pub interiors there are six PCs. Angelo Rackham explored the upper floors of the house where he is and by doing so inconsistently exposed FOW for Aspharagus, Verity and Bossdrum.

Your best bet to find the PCs is to use the map explorer. This map uses widely spaced small areas to represent the interiors of various buildings in the city, doors and floors are connected by teleport gates.

As an aside the players mentioned that they could see more in the map explorer window than normal. They could see NPCs and other PCs listed in the Tokens and Players sections.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Azinctus wrote:Your best bet to find the PCs is to use the map explorer. This map uses widely spaced small areas to represent the interiors of various buildings in the city, doors and floors are connected by teleport gates.
Teleport gates would be cut & pasting the tokens within the same map. I'm guessing that condition may not have been accounted for.

Azinctus wrote:As an aside the players mentioned that they could see more in the map explorer window than normal. They could see NPCs and other PCs listed in the Tokens and Players sections.
Known issue. Should be fixed by next build.

Return to “Announcements”