MapTool 1.3 Release Candidate Build 80 (1.3-RC3)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MapTool 1.3 Release Candidate Build 80 (1.3-RC3)

Post by Azhrei »

Phergus wrote:Known issue. Should be fixed by next build.
Don't promise that just yet, Phergie.

The last I saw on the devteam mailing list was a decision to rethink what should be displayed, but no comments from anyone on what that list actually included.

Azinctus
Giant

Post by Azinctus »

Azhrei wrote:The last I saw on the devteam mailing list was a decision to rethink what should be displayed, but no comments from anyone on what that list actually included.
I'm surprised that's up for discussion. GMs see everything and players see only token they own. Perhaps also tokens their character can see but only if vision is implemented on the level.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Azinctus wrote:
Azhrei wrote:The last I saw on the devteam mailing list was a decision to rethink what should be displayed, but no comments from anyone on what that list actually included.
Perhaps also tokens their character can see but only if vision is implemented on the level.
This is part of the discussion...
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

"GM sees everything, Players see tokens they own" seems like a reasonable compromise point considering the need to Get This Done.

qtip
Kobold

Post by qtip »

Bug report:

When I'm hosting, several of the clients and I face the problem where the user interface becomes unresponsive. Specifically, you can still interact with the GUI, it just doesn't show changes until you minimize and restore the window.

When it happens, I can still, say, click on the maps list and guess where my map is, minimize the window, restore it, and see it again.

I have no idea what the cause is, however I've only observed it online. It happened last when I tried to switch maps.

Mrugnak
Dragon

Post by Mrugnak »

Azhrei wrote:
Mrugnak wrote:I'm able to consistently provoke an "Unexpected error has occured" message by middle-clicking on a token I own in this build.
Please post the stacktrace. That will identify the point of the error. You can find it in your log.txt. Thanks.

2011-01-03 19:26:18,976 [swing.MapToolEventQueue:27] ERROR - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.rptools.maptool.client.tool.MeasureTool.mouseDragged(MeasureTool.java:210)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseDragged(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:25)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Azhrei wrote:
Phergus wrote:Known issue. Should be fixed by next build.
Don't promise that just yet, Phergie.

The last I saw on the devteam mailing list was a decision to rethink what should be displayed, but no comments from anyone on what that list actually included.
Seemed decided to me and, I believe, Dorpond as well. The comments from both you and Joe also implied concurrence.

What else is there to decide?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Mrugnak wrote:2011-01-03 19:26:18,976 [swing.MapToolEventQueue:27] ERROR - java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.rptools.maptool.client.tool.MeasureTool.mouseDragged(MeasureTool.java:210)
Thanks. :)

So I've fixed this particular problem for b81, but there's a bigger issue. It seems that setting waypoints when dragging a token allows the use of the middle mouse button, a.k.a. button3, but not while in "measuring mode". While in measuring mode the only way to set a breakpoint is with the spacebar.

This bigger issue of differences in the mouse UI between tool modes is not going to be fixed in 1.3. Sorry.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

qtip wrote:Bug report:

When I'm hosting, several of the clients and I face the problem where the user interface becomes unresponsive. Specifically, you can still interact with the GUI, it just doesn't show changes until you minimize and restore the window.

When it happens, I can still, say, click on the maps list and guess where my map is, minimize the window, restore it, and see it again.

I have no idea what the cause is, however I've only observed it online. It happened last when I tried to switch maps.
This sounds more like a network driver issue. Can you get one or two of your players to connect and try with an older version? Have you tried bringing up the Task Manager (I assume you're using Windows) and looking at the cpu statistics?

I'm not sure what else to look at unless the problem can be recreated or somehow isolated...

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Phergus wrote:Seemed decided to me and, I believe, Dorpond as well. The comments from both you and Joe also implied concurrence.
Hm. I must have had a senior moment. I'll go back and check those emails again.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

What is the time limit to submit an updated french translation for .b81 ?
ImageImageImageImage

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

yesterday I was working on an update for my auto teleporter drop in and I encountered about 3 'unexpected error's. I was in a hurry though and they were none fatal so I didn't pay attention to them. They did seem to appear on 'random' intervals (as in no clue why they happened). Just now I thought of testing the new build with the new autoteleporter and 'after a while' the following error occured:
at net.rptools.maptool.model.Zone.<init>(Zone.java:316)
at net.rptools.maptool.model.Campaign.<init>(Campaign.java:125)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.AutoSaveManager.actionPerformed(AutoSaveManager.java:102)
at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:25)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
It seems an autosave problem and I have no idea whether that was occuring last night on my other pc. Just thought I mentioned it here.
System: windows XP 3Gb. Settings 1024, 65, 5. Tested with autoteleporter campaign (in the drop-in section).
I checked the log as well, but same error.
Last edited by wolph42 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

LaserWolf
Dragon

Post by LaserWolf »

qtip wrote:Bug report:

I haven't had this specific problem, but I have experienced an issue with b80 in which players report that all tokens will disappear from a map until they click on the map to force a refresh. It happened on a particular map when I (the GM) moved or executed a macro on an NPC token, but it never affected all the players simultaneously and wasn't consistent in which players it affected. The issue resolved itself halfway through the session, and I haven't been able to reproduce it. No errors. I chalked it up to another one of those "phantom bugs" I tend to find, and maybe it is since it sounds unrelated to this other issue.

(FWIW, server had all settings enabled including Individual Fog. It was a Vision->Night enabled map, but there was no fog enabled on that particular map.)

LaserWolf
Dragon

Post by LaserWolf »

Scratch that, I was able to reproduce the issue! It looks like a player has to have a token selected for the problem to show up. In the attached campaign file:

[1]Start a server with all options enabled and have a client connect as a player
[2]On the player/client end, select one of the PC tokens (except "Rhyd'ley", which is not owned by All Players)
[3]On the GM/server end, move or execute a macro on one of the NPC (monster) tokens. The player instance may now show an empty map until the Map pane is clicked. I've found the problem doesn't occur 100% of the time, but it happens enough that you should experience it.

Chalk one up for my sanity! Not a show-stopping error, but certainly annoying.
Attachments
Disappear2 b80.cmpgn
(2.29 MiB) Downloaded 203 times

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

The new colors for buttons are not working correctly.

Specifically, for button color; darkgray is lighter than gray but not as light as lightgray, and for button font; pink shows as black.

Return to “Announcements”