MapTool 1.3 Release Candidate Build 82 (1.3-RC5)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Deadolus
Giant

Re: MapTool 1.3 Release Candidate Build 82 (1.3-RC5)

Post by Deadolus »

Azhrei wrote:I've changed it back. Any other comments on the rendering order while I'm in there...?
Yeah, you seem to be able to do Godly things. I wonder if you could actually render the sun before the clouds?

The order should be;
  • Sun
    Clouds
    Sky
That would be great! Nice and sunny like everyone likes it.

Thanks for all the work Azhrei.

osman
Giant

Post by osman »

Deadolus wrote:
Azhrei wrote:I've changed it back. Any other comments on the rendering order while I'm in there...?
Yeah, you seem to be able to do Godly things. I wonder if you could actually render the sun before the clouds?

The order should be;
  • Sun
    Clouds
    Sky
That would be great! Nice and sunny like everyone likes it.

Thanks for all the work Azhrei.
Except to always see the sun, you want to render it last. :D

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Deadolus wrote:
LOL!

Alas, I don't have the authority to modify the Senior Programmer's code and then commit it to permanent storage. And the weather system is such tightly interwoven code that I could screw something up big time. A butterfly flaps it's wings over there and a hurricane forms over here.

:mrgreen:

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Lock Player Movement Hotkey?
pleeeeese.
Last edited by PinkRose on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am a special snowflake!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

PinkRose wrote:Lock Player Movement Hotkey?
pleeeeese.
A keystroke was suggested, but I indicated that it was already used and no new keystroke has been suggested since then. Until I get one that is (a) available and (b) makes sense, I have nothing to go on. I just don't have the time or motivation to track that stuff down right now...

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Meta-shift-L
According to your list, that's not being used.

And I seem to have found another bug.
This has been going on for a few builds and I thought it was just me, but I'm pretty sure it's a bug now.
New or old campaign.
Select a Vision Blocking Layer Tool, Any tool.
If you draw from anywhere on the map but the top left it draws fine, The crosshair shows up.
However, if you move the cursor to the top left, the crosshair changes into a standard arrow.
It will always turn into a mouse pointer, whether you start the VBL in the top left or end up there.
Not a loss of function bug, but kinda odd.
I am a special snowflake!

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

Meta-L is *not* used anymore. It was a keystroke used in 1.2 and was recently freed (I posted a link to that thread iirc)

LaserWolf
Dragon

Post by LaserWolf »

Anyone else experienced an issue new to b82 wherein a pasted token doesn't appear in the correct square? Specifically, the token usually (always?) appears one square above and to the left. In addition, the movement shadow is incorrect for the first movement. After being moved once, however, the token moves as expected.

I've seen this issue in earlier versions if the grid is adjusted, but this is the first version I've seen in which it will occur in a freshly-loaded campaign. Is it just me?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

LaserWolf wrote:Anyone else experienced an issue new to b82 wherein a pasted token doesn't appear in the correct square? Specifically, the token usually (always?) appears one square above and to the left. In addition, the movement shadow is incorrect for the first movement. After being moved once, however, the token moves as expected.

I've seen this issue in earlier versions if the grid is adjusted, but this is the first version I've seen in which it will occur in a freshly-loaded campaign. Is it just me?
It's probably because of the way snap to grid works. If you mouse to the lower right quadrant of a square when pasting, it should show up in the correct square. The happens because when pasting, where ever the upper right corner of the token appears is the grid the token will appear. Apparently the point of insertion centers the token on the mouse pointer.

I've brought this up before with movement. Move a token around on the token layer and it feels natural. That's because that's the only layer that someone updated to use snap to grid on the center of token. You can see the difference if you change to the object layer and move the token slightly up or to the right. Snap to grid will take it to next square with a 1 px move, but it takes the entire size of the token to move it right or down.

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

PinkRose wrote:And I seem to have found another bug.
This has been going on for a few builds and I thought it was just me, but I'm pretty sure it's a bug now.
New or old campaign.
If you draw from anywhere on the map but the top left it draws fine, The crosshair shows up.
However, if you move the cursor to the top left, the crosshair changes into a standard arrow.
It will always turn into a mouse pointer, whether you start the VBL in the top left or end up there.
+1; figured it was my graphics card misbehaving, but maybe not... (Vista, Geforce 7900 GS)

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

LaserWolf wrote:Anyone else experienced an issue new to b82 wherein a pasted token doesn't appear in the correct square? Specifically, the token usually (always?) appears one square above and to the left. In addition, the movement shadow is incorrect for the first movement. After being moved once, however, the token moves as expected.
Noticed the token shadow issue during our last session as well but never got around to trying to reproduce it.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

PinkRose wrote: And I seem to have found another bug.
New or old campaign.
OH MY! *Confirmed Bug*
I will pass it along to the Dev's. Thanks for catching this!
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Phergus wrote:
Noticed the token shadow issue during our last session as well but never got around to trying to reproduce it.
I just tried creating this issue and was unable. If you guys could figure out a way to reproduce this, please let us know!
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

LaserWolf wrote:Anyone else experienced an issue new to b82 wherein a pasted token doesn't appear in the correct square? Specifically, the token usually (always?) appears one square above and to the left.
Is there anything about your map that can shine light on this? Were the tokens a specific size? Did you have square grid? What were the grid settings? Were the tokens square, round, or top down? Do you change them in token layout? Anything will be helpful. Thanks!

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

dorpond wrote:
LaserWolf wrote:Anyone else experienced an issue new to b82 wherein a pasted token doesn't appear in the correct square? Specifically, the token usually (always?) appears one square above and to the left.
Is there anything about your map that can shine light on this? Were the tokens a specific size? Did you have square grid? What were the grid settings? Were the tokens square, round, or top down? Do you change them in token layout? Anything will be helpful. Thanks!
Dorpond, are you using Dev or b82? Didn't Azhrei just make changes to this code in the past few days(I can't remember if it was before or after the build of b82)?
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Return to “Announcements”