MapTool 1.3 Release Candidate Build 81 (1.3-RC4)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

MapTool 1.3 Release Candidate Build 81 (1.3-RC4)

Post by Azhrei »

This is the "just-shoot-me-already" build of MapTool 1.3.

We are at 1.3b81-RC4. There will not be an "RC5" -- the next build is "final". Expect it on Wednesday, Jan 12th. So if there are any last minute bugs, well... it's probably too late.

;)

The wiki has the list of fixes (visit the Main Page and then click on ChangeLog in the bottom right corner).

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: MapTool 1.3 Release Candidate Build 81 (1.3-RC4)

Post by aliasmask »

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but the size on the config tab seems to be broken. Changing the size from the right-click menu works, but the config does not. In fact, it will change the token back to medium no matter what size you choose. I also noticed the size names changed, which if fine for me, but may mess up some existing macros. Oh, the names are different from the right-click menu, so that menu is still correct.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Huh? Nothing has touched the Size field of the Config tab! I'll take a look.

Edit: Mine looks fine. The Config tab shows "Free size" where the right-click shows "Native Size", but otherwise the list is the same. (It seems the Config tab doesn't notice that the image is on the Token layer so it displays Free Size. I'll check that.)

Edit2: I've changed the token editor dialog so that the Config tab's "Size" dropdown field lists the same sizes as the right-click menu, i.e. "Native Size" for the token layer and "Free Size" for all other layers.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I reopened that campaign and it does look correct now (strange), but I was dinking around with some stuff, so I'll try and duplicate.

edit: Okay, I think I see what it is. I have 2 maps. One map is a square grid and the other is hex. If I open a token on the hex grid first, then all the tokens I open from then on will have the hex sizes. The reverse is true if opening a square grid token first.
Attachments
example.jpg
example.jpg (50.9 KiB) Viewed 5494 times

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

aliasmask wrote:If I open a token on the hex grid first, then all the tokens I open from then on will have the hex sizes. The reverse is true if opening a square grid token first.
Huh. Interesting. It's always been like that and yet no one has noticed it. I imagine most folks using one style of map continue to use that style for all maps...

I've fixed this in 1.3 final. (I'm not calling in "b82" because there won't be a b83. ;))

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

It seems the Wiki: currentToken() fix didn't take for selected tokens that have tokens with the same name on the board.

Just click each of the tokens and click the "toggle dead" macro. Only 1 of the tokens will change state. Selecting both token will display no change but it will toggle on and then off.
example.jpg
example.jpg (18.81 KiB) Viewed 5471 times
"toggle Dead" has apply to selected tokens checked and lib:dead has the following code:

Code: Select all

[H, token(currentToken()): setState("Dead",1 - getState("Dead"))]
edit: The fix was done back in b78 but I just got around to testing it now.
Attachments
lib.testDupeName.cmpgn
(33.37 KiB) Downloaded 180 times

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

aliasmask wrote:

[H, token(currentToken()): setState("Dead",1 - getState("Dead"))]
Hm. I'll need to check that. It might be some kind of interaction with the [token:] roll option. I'll take a look right now.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Okay, I think I have it working. Here's what I did to test:

1. Start MapTool (revision 5556).
2. Drag three tokens to the default map.
3. Assign all the same name.
4. Initialize the "HP" property to "1", "2", and "3" for each token, respectively.
5. Select all three and execute this macro:

currentToken() = [r: currentToken()]
[HP = HP + 1]
<br> 
The token IDs and proper HP values were printed for each token. Mousing over the token showed the correct HP value on the statsheet.

This fix touched a lot of files -- over a dozen! Most were small changes.

There's still what I consider a bug, but it's cosmetic only. Whenever the macro subsystem is done running a macro and there are no tokens to impersonate (perhaps because none were impersonated before running the macro) the player's name is used to add the string, "Speaking as: ABC". Yet impersonating a token and then canceling the impersonation usually removes this string entirely. It's always worked like this and trying to fix it would again touch many files and I don't want to do that.

Those with source code access please test revision 5556 with a complex framework! That will give it a good stress test. I've played with it with lmarkus' D&D/PF FW but more is better. :)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

This is probably more of an FYI because I don't know if you can repeat it with regularity, but I've been getting this little graphical error:
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (11.56 KiB) Viewed 5417 times
Basically, this is from the dragonlance moon campaign I uploaded on another thread. But when I output the frame and then run it again, sometimes the images only come in partially. Maybe it's because they are gif images, maybe it's related to caching or maybe it's related to my machine. I do get these same type of errors (sometimes) when I have several duplicated tokens on the map, the images will paritally or fully wink out or be replaced by another image on the map.

The image above fixes it's self when I move the frame. I suspect some kind of caching because it only seems to be a problem if the image I'm showing wasn't displayed before. I tested it by incrementing the days 1 by 1. Usually you'll see the error right away if you just loaded the campaign.

I had a fairly small frame, but it had the same behavior when larger and when docked.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

aliasmask wrote:This is probably more of an FYI because I don't know if you can repeat it with regularity, but I've been getting this little graphical error:
Hm. It's different images each time it appears (right?) so it's not image-specific. It happens in frames as well as tokens on the map (right?) so it's not related to the HTML support in the panels.

I'm thinking it could be a video driver problem related to the JRE passing off information to DirectX (I know you're on Windows) and there being some caching or optimizing at that level.

Try Phergus' suggested command line options. If the problem goes away, then at least it's been narrowed down.

You can Google for those options to find details on what they do.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I suspect, in part, it is related to using the -50 for the image assets. When I removed those the image were displayed correctly each time and with them there it reliably had that error. One thing I did notice was a brief "flicker" when showing images in their native size as if having the same larger image then reduced to native size.

Hmm... the problem doesn't show either when using height=50 width=50 instead of the -50, but it does have the flicker. With the larger image I can clearly see the "?" before the image is loaded.

I'll try some of those settings you mentioned. The token image glitch only happens very rarely.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

@Az - I tried those settings. No change when using the -50 added to the image assetId and the ddoffscreen crashed MT where it bong'd and didn't load.

I'm going to change the gif images to png and see if that makes a difference. I've never had this problem before, but I've always used png images (maybe jpg too).

edit: Yeah, I converted the images to .png images and they work fine now... weird.

patoace
Dragon

Post by patoace »

What about the translators, do we send a final file? or there will be more string externalizations?

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

wolph42 wrote:did you find/fix anything about my last error report?: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 48#p185248
That all looks to be memory, probably stack size, related. When auto-save is writing out a campaign I'm guessing there is at least one more new thread launched and a fair chunk of memory used. If you were already on the edge that might be enough to push things over.

Return to “Announcements”